The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning, no snow but a heavy frost which meant the car needed deicing as I dropped the boys off at the railway station around 7.30. They are off to Manchester to meet some friends and do a bit of shopping.

Lazy day again with a bit of cleaning up to do. Not sure what else, a walk perhaps we will see.

Enjoy your day

• Like 8

morning all,lots of the white stuff this morning,amazing amount of cars abandoned everywhere,hope everyone had a good Christmas,we all had a bug so postponed till yesterday !! snow tyres proved there worth this morning....6 lane race track we got jack seems to be a winner,although this morning there was a brio a4 sat at the side of a mustang ready for the off......could be intresting! have a good day all and stay warm !

• Like 4

Anyone able to give an update on Wensleydale? #1's Outlaws are due to drive back today...

....I'd be approaching that area from the Vale of York and not risking any high level routes. No more snow has fallen in the Staffs Moorlands overnight but what there is has frozen and snow showers are forecast for later today. It is sunny at the moment.

Cars being left on the drive here and we're walking to town.

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 2

My first "genuine" ER post - the alarm went off at 5.30 this morning so I could take my youngest daughter to Clacket Lane Services (M25 in Kent) for a pick up for a French skiing trip.  Now back home in Essex.  Off to Leicestershire later today, visiting the wife's sister.  Hope the roads stay quiet as they were this morning but I doubt they will.

Regards,

Brian..

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning, hail earlier and rain showers now.

PhilJ W, tried that, but nothing changed!  Link still seems to work though.

Off to a pub in Glen Maye for lunch later with John (Steamplex and Trackshack owner) and Mrs Trackshack. That's about the news.....

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

I have just read in the paper that

'People have been warned to stay at home because the weather is forecast to turn colder'

Who on earth is issuing such warnings and for goodness sake why?!!!!!

It's a beautiful crisp morning out there - I'm about to wrap up and go for my usual walk.

Aren't I just the rebellious little anarchist.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

'People have been warned to stay at home because the weather is forecast to turn colder'

Probably because someone realised nearly no-one can drive sensibly in freezing conditions anymore...

• RMweb Gold

Was it the Daily Express?

The Met office have issued it.

Apparently I need to refer to the 'National Cold Weather Plan'

Oh, FFS!!!

Apologies for that little outburst but it is just so unbelievable, or is it just me?

• RMweb Premium

So, my memory obviously isn't what it used to be. 

Amazon asked my wife to review a CD that I'd purchased as a Christmas present for her.

"Erm, where is it? 

"I have no idea and can't remember buying it." :scratchhead:

I always like it when the main trunk road gets blocked by snow ... actually blocked by drivers progressing cautiously...and the more gung-ho among them get fed up and seek back roads through the countryside. Quite funny seeing youngsters on their mobiles phoning the office saying they'll be a little late whilst they wait for a tractor to pull them out of ditches. :) 

Genuinely I'm hoping for a spell of cold, snowy weather once term starts as I can look ultra smug with my 2 minute commute down a footpath to work. Knowing my luck the cold-weather plan will come into effect and they'll send us all home for the day if there's a mm of snow. And then I'll have to sit at home playing trains. Outrageous. :jester:  

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Yesterday evening's considerable precipitation gave way to some very windy gusts of wind which in turn has led to bright sunshine this morning, and it's a bit chilly.  So clearly all those 'severe weather warnings' were right - they said it would rain here and it would get windy plus the Daily Wail has forecast lower temperatures in the coming week;  crikey, anyone would think it's the back half of December with weather like this.

However being made of stern stuff I shall probably venture out in it today - not only to buy a 'paper but possibly taking a trip to Reading to oversee view the engineering works progress (and avoid the sales).  Have a good day, and take care if it's slippy under foot.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Waited to photograph an engineers train from Hoo a Junction to Norwood Junction via Redhill. Cold outside but the waiting room at Redhill kep us warm till the Colas 66 went past.

Now on a wedged 12 car to Victoria service. Previous train cancelled due to staff shortage as are a few others earlier on plus a failed Tonbridge service adding to the problems.

Hoping to get to High Wycombe for a beer or two and photo done of the Chiltern services which have been strengthened due to engineering works out of Euston, so might get a few more 67/68 workings.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 2

Yesterday evening's considerable precipitation gave way to some very windy gusts of wind which in turn has led to bright sunshine this morning, and it's a bit chilly.  So clearly all those 'severe weather warnings' were right - they said it would rain here and it would get windy plus the Daily Wail has forecast lower temperatures in the coming week;  crikey, anyone would think it's the back half of December with weather like this.

Exactly the same weather in the Capital of the Principality of Wales!

Turkey and the Bacon joint are both finished so I've decided it will be something from the Chip Shop today by way of a change.

Hope you are all recovering from your seasonal exertions,

Dave

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, about 4 inches of snow last night and some poor driving but having taxied to three different tesco's  on four trips my driving was complete long before the snow turned up. Andy I hate to tell you but when a snow day is declared staff are expected to get to school. Today maybe a chance to do some modelling or it maybe about tidying up it certainly won't be a trip to the tip unless it melts very quickly.

• Like 7

Who on earth is issuing such warnings and for goodness sake why?!!!!!

It's a beautiful crisp morning out there - I'm about to wrap up and go for my usual walk.

Aren't I just the rebellious little anarchist.

Get back man! It could be the wrong type of snow. It's a dangerous place out there.