The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

An interesting night.

At 2am SWMBO informed me that we had intruders in the garden.

Doing my manly thing I went out to chastise them and encountered 12 frisky full grown cattle with long sharp horns.

It didn't help that they were black.

Following a full scale rodeo and exposure to my Sexton Blake dressing gown, I sent them in a westerly direction where there are open fields.

Not an unusual experience in rural areas but it's usually during daylight hours.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Relaxed hours? I'll have you know I have to rush in to the office for a 10.30 meeting this morning! It's really messed up my plans as I wanted to respray the backscene boards on Cramdin Yard. These work colleagues of mine are really quite inconsiderate.

Plenty of oktas in these parts today. Bit of a contrast to most of the weekend. Spent Saturday evening having a rather pleasant meal, washed down with all the essentials, at roof terrace restaurant in the OXO building overlooking the Thames. Then walked along the beach (yes the Thames does have beaches in the centre of London) to a pleasant hostelry for more essentials. Yesterday went and played trains for a bit at a Gauge O Guild open day thingy. Good time had by all.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Y'know, I've been wondering how this B*** P****** thing came to be a running gag in the first place :blink: . Is this train something of a Holy Grail for UK modellers?

I think it was because it was such a pretty shade of blue. One Christmas my brother got the Triang Blue Pullman set and I got a green DMU.

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

I'm at work, but I'm hoping to leave early as the Waspinator is attending the house between 1 and 3. Hopefully this will rid me of the stripey scourges.

Dave.

I think it started in RMweb two or three eras ago in Wish lists.

Since then, like Shakespear's scottish play, the mention of the actual name has been verboten. Has it raised it's head again?

Not so you would notice Don.....biggrin.gif

We've gone from no manufacturers to two definite and one possible in a matter of days. Of course there's only room for one and my money is on Bachmann at present.

Morning all. Been around since five but fiddling with locos and pointwork was engrossing.

What a fiasco in F1....and then to hear the feeble cover ups from all concerned in the Ferrari camp was the last straw. The $100,000 fine was a joke as well. That wouldn't even buy a Ferrari road car....angry.gif

• RMweb Gold

Glad you had a good weekend Don. It's always nice to have a relaxing weekend once in a while!

How were the roundabouts Jam and the interview?

I didn't do any roundabouts I hadn't done before but they went well anyway. However on Saturday I will be tackling some big ones, which, rather than dreading, for some reason I am excited about!

The interview was a group interview which meant that at this stage we weren't interviewed in person. We all had various activities to do - for example I had to sell a jar of fresh marmalade! I will hear back from them in about a week whether I have got through to the next stage. I really feel like the interview has made me less of a shy person and I am not worrying about things I usually do (i.e. driving lessons etc).

Just while I remember, I'll be away for most of today, and all of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as I am working at the New Forest Agricultural Show. Last year I did it and all I had to do is collect tickets and point (usually in the wrong direction) of certain places. It didn't help that I had no map! This year they must trust me a bit more as I am now building courses for dogs and horses - two animals of which I am not fond. I've never done this sort of thing so it will certainly be interesting to say the least! Still, it's money in the bank so I can't really complain.

I'm trying to steer well clear of the dreaded B-- P---. To be honest I don't see what all the fuss is about - I much prefer the Southern Q1's wink.gif

(Ducks to avoid bricks and other missiles!)

I actually remember my first roundabout! It was on my first driving lesson - although it was pretty tame because it was on an industrial estate and pretty much deserted. I should imagine a magic roundabout would present more of a challenge...

msn_magic_roundabout_470x350.jpg

There are rather too many mentions of the multiple unit who must not be named this morning. I don't really see what the fuss is all about either. I suppose they have just become a bit of a "Holy Grail". Given that there can't be all that many classes that have never been available RTR, I suppose the chances of seeing one eventually are more or less inevitable.

• RMweb Premium

Eveing ERs pleased to say I'm out of hospital now and will be getting up to speed over the next few days, but I'm exhausted and think that an early night is called for - bedtime on the ward was about 11.30 (00.15 one night) and getting up was started again at about 06.30 - how the blue blazes are you meant to recover in that environment!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

I might have slept in a bad position - neck is aching in any case <_< . I'll be writing more as soon as I am more awake and I hope some coffee'll help there :D .

Have a nice day all!

Morning All,

Nice to see you back Stewart...

The weather is a tad gloomy again this morning. The forecast isn't too good either - it currently looks as if it might rain any minute.

I came into work a little later this morning - I am supposed to be reducing my overtime hours. Still, can't complain about that!

Have a good day everyone.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

I've decided to buy a North East rover ticket (stale bread and water for the rest of the month) and so today will be off down the Settle and Carlisle.

A trip down the Esk Valley line with a visit to the NYMR is on the agenda and so is a visit to the National Railway Museaum. Who knows what else the week has in store (apart from stale bread and water).

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I've been out this morning removing a lamp unit from my wife's car. I noticed last night that the high level brake light unit wasn't working. I've removed it but it doesn't have replaceable bulbs, it is a sealed unit containing LEDs so I'll be off to the Renault dealer. I'll take the part with me just in case they can't find it on the parts computer. She doesn't need the car today as it is the first day of her holiday.

Tony