The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Why do your Collies have aura’s surrounding them, Debs? Inner Light?

Great photo by the way - no jiggery pokery to keep everything in focus, I’m sure....

I used an HDR technique of combining the bracketed exposure of multiple/sequential images which yield more detail than 'normal' images; one of the artifacts is that sometimes a halo presents itself around certain subjects; which some photographers find unpleasant.........I rather like it when it occurs and more often leave it be.

This image of 'Metheny' reveals the detail that may be rendered by the HDR process....(this is a shrunken/sample version of the original composite HDR image, which is >18 Mb. in size and hence too large a file to post herewith).

• Like 11

So long as nobody writes 's/hits' on your shopping list you should be alright Ian! What it could mean is anyone's guess but it leapt into my brain as soon as I read 't/rolls...'

About to dive into the boxes of railway books currently littering the house, in search of suitably relaxing reading material for tomorrows shift at Luton Crescent Road Yard - I'm due to relieve the train there at 10.00 and don't depart for Mountsorrel until just before 16.00.... hmmmmmm, now then what's it to be...?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

One for the JLC fetishists , with apologies to our lady friends , Sorry I just had to .  :O

So Jamie Lee Curtis isn't a chap then?

I did say I wasn't very good on film people (unless they are Hobbits!)

• Like 1

Ahhh - the third of a pint bottles.

I  just about remember those from nursery school, before a certain somebody abolished them :scratchhead:

It never bothered me to be honest, I never liked drinking milk as a kid - so I always got orange squash instead.

I'm sure our nursery school milk used to come in cartons rather than bottles. I did quite like it but it was another 20 years or so before I drank milk on it's own again. Nowadays I'm quite partial - when there's enough to spare after tea requirements have been met

I have a milk float on my layout. It isn't from a kit but I did carefully remove it from its packaging. I'm not sure where to place it but crossing the bridge near the station with a bus and police car might look nice.

Perhaps you could model the milk float crashed into the bus, complete with a large puddle of milk being lapped by cats and the police taking details?

Remember going to the loo in the 'Turf' pub in Oxford years ago - the graffiti board had the following chalked on it : 'one in Kate's bush is worth two in the hand'!

Hat, coat, etc............

Jock.

The Turf clearly used to be far more interesting than it is these days

I used to get cryptic shopping lists too Tony - littered with weird abbreviations.  On one occasion I spent about 20 minutes wandering round Sainsbury's looking for 'Kroll' until it finally dawned on me that what it really meant was 'K  roll', which when translated into manspeak meant kitchen roll.

Where is the facepalm button when you need it?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps you could model the milk float crashed into the bus, complete with a large puddle of milk being lapped by cats and the police taking details?

Sounds like a great idea. I think I may have some Preiser cats. They are 1/87 scale but could just be tiny 1/76 scale ones

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

This afternoon, forecast to be stormy, proved to be increasingly pleasant. So while I did nearly an hour of chainsawing before my back indicated boredom, after a cup of tea and a couple of apples I bounced back out and did a good two hours of shredding in the bright sun. Mid evening I found it was positively gorgeous outside, and suspect it will not be as nice again this year.

By 2100 - 1900 GMT, of course - things had changed dramatically. It was dark, but the western sky was lit almost continuously by flashes of lightning. Having fed the horses in the dark, courtesy of my head-torch (Duracells in it are dated 2008!), the light-show hadn't eased up, so I went out to the road - still closed - and watched for a few minutes. I now have 10 minutes of video which confirms that the flashes were almost continuous! No, it isn't the sort of thing you post on YouTube, and really needed a little more aperture (f5.6 @ 6400 ISO), but it is a record of something!

Sleep well chaps and chapesses!

• Like 10

Sleep well ERs, who knows, some of you may have a new leader in the morning!

I'll leave you with this parting thought - if the YES wins, will we then refer to the United Kingdom as the Divided Kingdom??  :jester:  :jester:

already have hat and coat on, and rushing off to choir :)

• Like 1

Late good evening all,

Great result at the hospital today - my oncologist is delighted with my test results which show that my one kidney is coping well so far. Back on the chemo as of tonight to help slow the advance of the bone tumours. This treatment, I fully realise, is only palliative, but as these bone problems stemmed from the primary in the kidney which they removed, the same chemo that inhibited that tumour should do the same for the bones. I'm truly lucky in that, if you have to have cancer, this is one of the less aggressive sorts to contract! The tumour was over 8cm in diameter and weighed 800 grammes which is probably why I still hurt a bit. Anyway, sorry to bore you all with this but you may have to put up with me for a while longer! Thought it was a great excuse to crack open a bottle of bubbly which we've just polished off!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 7

Late good evening all,

Great result at the hospital today - my oncologist is delighted with my test results which show that my one kidney is coping well so far. Back on the chemo as of tonight to help slow the advance of the bone tumours. This treatment, I fully realise, is only palliative, but as these bone problems stemmed from the primary in the kidney which they removed, the same chemo that inhibited that tumour should do the same for the bones. I'm truly lucky in that, if you have to have cancer, this is one of the less aggressive sorts to contract! The tumour was over 8cm in diameter and weighed 800 grammes which is probably why I still hurt a bit. Anyway, sorry to bore you all with this but you may have to put up with me for a while longer! Thought it was a great excuse to crack open a bottle of bubbly which we've just polished off!

Kind regards,

Jock.

The longer the better!!

Laurence

Edited by laurenceb

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Not really feeling recovered despite having been off work for this week. I'm not sure what else I could do, though, as the issue I'm having is not with my school but with school admin, so I'm having a bad conscience, too…