The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dull & dismal (me too) and trying to rain.

The bad news is that I had to take the Boss to the shops this morning.

The good news is that "we" are going to Steam at Swindon on the 14th Sept. You could have knocked me down with a feather when that was suggested.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Has she been looking at the 'net and sussing out what's nearby then Bob?  (see you there all being well)

And big surprise, laddo has reported in - echo cardiograph and ecg carried out and all ok, drugs, to cease forthwith, no idea what caused it, a 1-2% chance of recurrence (which sounds like meaningless numbers to me but he likes them), so all good news.  all we need to do now is sort the whopping great bag of pills!.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

She already knew what was nearby Mike & believe it or not actually said "I'm not that bothered about visiting the shops". I'm still reeling from that bit of news! However we are staying overnight and will be visiting them on the Monday because she's got a birthday approaching and I need to find a present for her.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning all,

Dull & dismal (me too) and trying to rain.

The bad news is that I had to take the Boss to the shops this morning.

The good news is that "we" are going to Steam at Swindon on the 14th Sept. You could have knocked me down with a feather when that was suggested.

Have a good one,

Bob.

ooh err... bring something along to weather Bob.....

• Like 1

Labor Day today. High 31C, Low 24C Possible isolated T-Storms.

Yesterday a line of Storms passed through around 4:00pm causing some issues.

My Daughter was in the Metropolitan Museum of Art looking at Degas paintings and bronzes. She said at about ten minutes to four everyones cell phones went off with strident warning klaxons and a recorded message to take cover!

Depending on who you listen to it will either get warmer this week or cooler. NWS is forecasting 34C tomorrow and back in the mid twenties by Wednesday...

9/11 anniversary approaches.  A lot of people are waiting for another incident so we can kill some more assclowns.. Not applicable to the UK though...

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

She already knew what was nearby Mike & believe it or not actually said "I'm not that bothered about visiting the shops". I'm still reeling from that bit of news! However we are staying overnight and will be visiting them on the Monday because she's got a birthday approaching and I need to find a present for her.

ooh err... bring something along to weather Bob.....

This of course is an important part of the strategy Bob - you have to explain to herself that it will only be good manners to buy something which you the take over to Barry for your lesson in weathering.  In order to really test the subtlety of Baz's methods I suggest 50 quid or thereabouts on an Inspection Saloon ;)

P.S. I don't know of any secondhand jewellery shops in Swindon for the following day but should you find one you need to explain - perhaps - that you get more bangs (diamonds) to the buck with secondhand because of the tax saving.

• Like 4

I have sometimes in the past "felt" as though having been sleepless all night but realised that I couldn't have been, but today, had another deep sleep from 1:30 till 3:00 (after lunch). Still feel sleepy. I have arranged for 1/2 sleeping pill at midnight tonight which should sort me out for tomorrow. :scared:

• RMweb Premium

Fingers crossed everything'll go well, Don!

Timetable's firming up at last and it looks like I'll be teaching two 10th classes and one 7th class for the time being. I'm curious as to what our "tenners" will be like – two of those at my previous school were very good, the third not nearly so.

Interestingly, the text book for the seveners is centred on London for the first theme. Rather fitting to the trip we did during the holidays!

• Like 2

I will ask Tim to post updates. I expect to be in hosp[ital for +- 10 days 

Will those of you so inclined, please remember me in your prayers. THANKS.

I will remember you in my prayers Don,

With best wishes,

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Get well quickly, Don - looking forward to getting updates from Tim.

Forecast was for a fine day here, but it had been chucking it down. 

Fully caught up now, and off to take Lily out for her constitutional before it chucks it down again.

Regards to All

Stewart