The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning world.

We've been for a walk up the shingle beach in the north of Fraggle Rock, to see some petrified trees/wood/mud that has been unearthed recently by erosion.  I was petrified too, walking for an hour on shingle but my hip seems stronger than earlier in the year when I last tried.  I suppose it counts as physiotherapy!  Still feeling a bit tired though, despite curry and beer therapy last night which just resulted in indigestion at 2am!  Rennies to the rescue.

Stewart mentioned seeing a 'MANX' numberplate the other day, I forgot to respond - they came out last year, strictly for the well heeled (not NHN therefore) I regularly see 'MANX 11' on a hideously yellow Lamborghini and 'MANX 24 7' on some Chelsea Tractor. Our normal plates are not issued in any kind of age related manner, Current issues are 'LMN 123 X' series, KMN is due soon.  Older plates are MAN 123 or 123 MAN sort of format, most folk retain these on successive vehicles, we have several!  these used to be £60 but the Government here cottoned on to the process across for fancy numbers and now go from £300 to OH MY GOD for the MANX ones with a single digit. 

Edit - no single digit MANX ones left, but two digits are £5000 - £7000.  Why would you?

Edited by New Haven Neil

Afternoon all. Still no word on Jock so fingers remain crossed and will also be crossed for Don Bradley too in hope all goes well.

A nice sunny morning here, I keep looking at the back lawn knowing that it needs cutting, I just need to go and borrow the lawn mower from my Grandad's old place as mine is broken. Not sure I will get it done as we are off to the inlaws as usual later.

Football this morning, a creditable 3-3 draw against a decent side. A fair result, but more examples of inept refereeing cost us. Anyone can make a mistake, but the number of penalties we have had, wrongly, rejected in recent games is bordering on the ridiculous.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All from a very kn*ckered 45156 and 30747.

From about noon yesterday there was a constant noise of loud "music" in the air, which persisted all day, and as the evening progressed it got louder, and louder, though we managed to sleep through it for a while - than had to get up for a call of nature about half past two, and all was quiet - then it all restarted with a vengeance about 3 and persisted with us managing to doze a bit, but finally giving up about half past six, and going out quite early to seek a car boot to browse - it was still going when we left, and none of the neighbours was able to pinpoint where it was coming from, but it was so loud and distant that I suspect that a full blown rave was in progress somewhere within two or three miles, as the "music" was just bass line, and booming drums.  Thank the Lord, it had gone when we got in.

As with others, still expressing a hope that we get some positive news about Jock before too long.

Me, I'm thinking about going for a kip.

Regards to All

Stewart

Greetings from Norf Norfolk (or North Northolk if you're posh). Not posted for a while and as usual, ERs has marched on to the tune of many many pages.

Need to go back and catch up but not without a large pot of fresh coffee.

Suffice to say, whatever you've all been up to, I hope it was good, legal and carried out between consenting adults...

I gather Jock's been absent from here for a few days? Not having recapped, I don't know why. I do hope we have some news soon.

Pete (the OTHER Pete).

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Need an opinion from you, guys and gals... Do you think a pair of these...

640px-DB_6426-III.JPG

...might be a suitable addition to the Benelux section of my loco fleet? These are the Series 6400 diesel-electrics of what is now DB Schenker's Dutch sector. 39 of these are equipped for operation in Germany, too – including 6426 from this photo. They are often seen working in multiples of two or even three locos.

(Image by Wikipedia user "Spoorjan", CC-BY-SA 3.0 licence)

• Like 9

Ooh, dunno Dom. Is there anyone here in ER who knows more about the current German scene than you?

I like the 6400 class.......I’d have one in a heartbeat. Add to the collection!

Maybe if you really want to have the question answered put it in the German Railways section too?

Best, Pete.

PS I miss Jock’s end of day round ups......

Edited by trisonic

That woman looks like she’ll kill you with those!

For Dave Beast.

Interesting video found by Craig Z. of Friday at Fayetteville, NC. Watch for the famous “Juice Train” heading south from New York for a re-fill. A Rail Train complete with cupola caboose. Double Stack without the Double Stack! Almost street running at speed.

Best, Pete.

• Like 6

Need an opinion from you, guys and gals... Do you think a pair of these...

640px-DB_6426-III.JPG

...might be a suitable addition to the Benelux section of my loco fleet? These are the Series 6400 diesel-electrics of what is now DB Schenker's Dutch sector. 39 of these are equipped for operation in Germany, too – including 6426 from this photo. They are often seen working in multiples of two or even three locos.

(Image by Wikipedia user "Spoorjan", CC-BY-SA 3.0 licence)

That`s a very handsome beast, indeed!.............looks so powerful.

• RMweb Premium

re Jock - I should think he's still in ITU after such an operation, I wouldn't expect any word for a couple of days yet.  He will be mighty sore, kidneys are painful things to have go wrong/fiddled with, ask anyone who has had an infection or a stone.  eeeuuugh.

re Jock - I should think he's still in ITU after such an operation, I wouldn't expect any word for a couple of days yet.  He will be mighty sore, kidneys are painful things to have go wrong/fiddled with, ask anyone who has had an infection or a stone.  eeeuuugh.

Ah I didn't know that - thanks for the info Neil.

That woman looks like she’ll kill you with those!

For Dave Beast.

Interesting video found by Craig Z. of Friday at Fayetteville, NC. Watch for the famous “Juice Train” heading south from New York for a re-fill. A Rail Train complete with cupola caboose. Double Stack without the Double Stack! Almost street running at speed.

Best, Pete.

Hi Pete, that's superb mate, can you post that in the Lounge please?

Bodge.

• RMweb Premium

I'm back for another catch up, as I've had a couple of hours kip and feel a lot fresher as a result, but so far have not found out what the "event" was which so seriously disturbed what is normally a very quiet area.  Geoff, if you're reading this, have you heard what was going on?

I think Neil has hit the nail on the head with Jock's progress, and although he was hoping to get back online ASAP in hospital, I am pretty sure that ITU and Internet ain't compatible.

New TV box appears to have HD as well, but to be honest, I've only got standard definition eyes now, so can't really see any difference.

Dom - I've always had a soft spot for German diesels, having memories of the V200s banking the 01 class hauled trains up the Schiefe Ebene ( I missed the 52s banking by about six months) and these that you've pictured do look rather interesting. 

Also a memory of German beer from the same era as I had one of the finest beers I ever tasted (not served per Pete's buxom lass) on the terrace at Kulmbach Banhof - EKU well chilled and straight from the tap, with pacific hauled services was my idea of a good time.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 3