The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Yes, they were on the Die Welt link too. I think the Frau looks better from behind, frankly.....I should amend this, power is also very sexy and she is obviously very smart too

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

The lady is very elegant and power-dressed, but a mite slim for my tastes. Most women would like to be told that they are too slim! But she obviously isn't the office girl, and it's always good to see women in really senior positions. I suppose having a female Chancellor is a good start.

The lady is very elegant and power-dressed, but a mite slim for my tastes. Most women would like to be told that they are too slim! But she obviously isn't the office girl, and it's always good to see women in really senior positions. I suppose having a female Chancellor is a good start.

I agree with this.

Also, who would like to be Herr. Titz? It’s his family name.

Best, Pete.

I agree with this.

Also, who would like to be Herr. Titz? It’s his family name.

Best, Pete.

Hopefully his first name initial isn't "E"... :O

Hat, coat, etc., :jester:

Edited by Ian Abel

Just been very, very naughty.

On Facebook, and old friend has posted a pic of their holiday in The Lake District where it's absolutely tipping down.

To cheer them up I've posted one taken today of Penzance in the sunshine.

However we'll probably be somewhat damp at the weekend - although over the past three weeks we've been down here we've had an afternoon of rain and two wet overnights. Very, very lucky.

• Like 6

Yes, the weather has been remarkably kind to the holidaymakers in the SW, including the various visitors we've entertained here over the past two weeks, luckily. It's strangely quiet hereabouts now they've gone and our cat is in the rehoming centre just down the road  :O  and (soon to be ex-) O/H is with his new lady in Goodrington. She's only tried to dump him four times since they met in May (usually by text!!) so that bodes well ......................!

Me? I'm looking forward to travelling to France next week to be reunited (seems apt - we re-met via Friends Reunited in 2004) with Ian for four weeks (our longest time together so far!) and to taking possession of my apartment in Cary Park, Babbacombe in the Autumn.

Meanwhile, the wine tastes good and the prospect of a bedtime telephone call from France is appealing.

Hope your evening turns out well (for those in a similar time zone!)

• Like 4

The Independent confirms the case against Ecclebum has been dropped. £60m into Bavaria's state coffers.

'Court spokesman, Andrea Titz, said that the evidence thus far meant that “the court did not consider a conviction overwhelmingly likely from the present point of view.”

“There was no conclusion on guilt or innocence of the defendant. He is leaving this courtroom a free man,” she added.'

But no woman should go through life with a surname like that.

As "Titz " doesn't mean in German what it sounds like in English, perhaps it's not such a big deal?

"Titten", now, might have been different, but then "Ficker" ("######") is not unknown ...

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, as they used to say at old work!

New work is still using more grey cells than I have for quite some time, it's going to take me a while to get competent and become an asset rather than a nuisance to the others!  I always find new systems never seem to make sense for some time then suddenly it all clicks into place, just must be my learning style, and it has been 9 years since I changed jobs so I'm suddenly well outside my comfort zone for a few weeks.  I also have not previously experienced being at the heart of a business, and certainly not in e-commerce - lots to learn!  My it's complex though. It's all good though, and no regrets! 

I still don't get to play with the toys either, humbug.  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Evening everybody as the sunlight disappears though the grey misty clouds.

Such a gorgeous day on Monday I spent a couple of hours down on the racecourse - Menai Bridge Regattas, that is.

Since I used a proper camera instead of an iPhone, I've still got to sort out the photos before I can post some on here.

However...

in the meantime...

Ray disturbed a couple of toads this morning when sorting out the bins...

By the time I had the phone camera ready, one fled but the small one stayed put long enough for a photo

post-14049-0-24980800-1407355620.jpg

while the other one hid somewhere.

The rustle of plastic told me where...

post-14049-0-79870300-1407355989.jpg

Now, that's not very photogenic.

Let's try down the other side...

post-14049-0-09206000-1407356039.jpg

Bent over the flower pot

phone upside down to get the camera lens near the ground

screen totally out of sight

and not a lot of light

I'll never do it

post-14049-0-31453300-1407356131.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the day

Polly

c r o a k

• Like 16

Good evening one and all,  

My modelling mojo seems to have budgered  off.... which is a bit of a blow.... as I wanted to take the de-winton -alike to my (hopefully) new workshop in GF's apartment. in a couple of weeks time...

Shortly it will be time for our nightly phone call.  

As to  the  **** off button,  not managed to find it yet   because after to day I need to find it quickly....maybe it will come with 8.2??

Sleep well,  

Trev.

Good evening all and firstly my condolences to Don and Dave and also good wishes to Ed.

Today has not been the best. We awoke to heavy rain so cancelled our planned trip out in favour of more house sorting. Although we made progress it wasn't without more than a few cross words. I think much of what Sarah said to me this morning was of the negative variety!

In the afternoon we ventured out to the local branch of "The Range". This is one of the few shops in Derby that stocks Sarah's craft magazine and she was two issues behind. Amber decided to test the patience by running off on more than one occasion. She then threw a major tantrum in the garden centre café. We had popped in to exchange a solar light , bought on Monday, that was not working. When we purchased the lights and the plants we were given vouchers for a free drink in the café and decided to redeem them today with some cake for afternoon tea. Sadly the young lady had other ideas and her tantrum meant we cut short our plans.

This evening Amber decided she was not going to sleep and messed around for about an hour. With me on bedtime duty (again!!!) it meant I escaped the bedroom too late to go to the Mickleover club night. I was a little annoyed. What with moving, our holiday, end of term and evenings out I have missed the last 5 weeks. They will probably think I don't want to go anymore! It has not helped my mood either!

At least the hour trapped in the bedroom allowed me to mull over some ideas for the new layout project. I still can't get the track plan clear in my head yet. My favoured option would be a nightmare to wire up - especially for a novice such as myself. Things still to sort then!

It is back to work tomorrow. Well sort of! I am not at school, instead I am doing a volunteer turn at the Great Central Railway for the "teddy bear picnic" event. I will be on TTI duties. Hopefully I will get the steam, rather than the diesel, set as I have not managed any steam miles this week so far.

Enjoy tomorrow whatever you are up to.

As "Titz " doesn't mean in German what it sounds like in English, perhaps it's not such a big deal?

"Titten", now, might have been different, but then "Ficker" ("######") is not unknown ...

Well, D’oh!

There are not many Brits called Ron Testicals either....... :drag: There may be a few Fickers that Germans are sniggering over even as we speak...

Hollywood might be able to make a movie about the name Fockers but I doubt that they’ll get away with it........er.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

Phil probably gets the same water we do. I use the water filter jug for the coffee machine water but for tea just boil tap water. Matthew uses the filtered water for drinking but I drink the tap water. It has passed through the good people of Chelmsford before it gets here so it must be safe.

Tony

• Like 1

Evening all,

Just read that Ecclebum, as Ian styles him, has actually said that he gave him the money to hush him up as he was about to report him to the tax authorities!' When is a bribe not a bribe?

John(CB), glad to hear the West Country weather has been kind to you - just hope 'Big Bertha' doesn't spoil your trip home!

Neil, I'm very pleased to hear that you are settling well into your new post, it's always difficult to absorb change, especially as age advances I find!

Sherry, love the Portillo programme, I've been recording the repeats of his 'Great British Train Journeys' on Sky as well. He certainly seems a better raconteur, armed with his Bradshaw's Guide, than he was a politician IMHO!

Tired tonight because I cooked a large quantity of my home-made chilli this afternoon. I then freeze portions for convenience in the future - something my kids have come to realise. I'm often asked if I happen to have any available and I find it impossible to turn down such a supportive bunch. Son in Law for instance, spent a large part of his afternoon shipping an old washing machine and various pieces of metal from my garage to the scrap yard!

Early kick-off tomorrow as my monthly chemo appointment in Colchester is an early one! Nightcap tonight is the last glass from a lovely 2006 Rioja Gran Reserva - a pretty good year and drinking well now (here at least!). Tomorrow's post will thus be late.

Have a good night all,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 3

Just been very, very naughty.

On Facebook, and old friend has posted a pic of their holiday in The Lake District where it's absolutely tipping down.

To cheer them up I've posted one taken today of Penzance in the sunshine.

However we'll probably be somewhat damp at the weekend - although over the past three weeks we've been down here we've had an afternoon of rain and two wet overnights. Very, very lucky.

The Sun shines on the righteous... My Mum used to say that. She was an atheist. No wonder we suffered crappy holidays in the South West.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic