The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Kate Bush headed towards her bus pass!

A passing thought is that Marylyn Monroe would have been 88 last June.

Cyd Charise 92

Jane Russell 93

There goes my childhood crushes! Not that Marylyn was one of them.

• RMweb Premium

There once was a man called Neil

Who lived not that far from Peel

His trains he'd display

In a most open way

Until Debs called him to heel

Edit: can't spell Niel.

You could, until that last bit.... :nono:

Neil is the Celtic way, Niel the English.  Dad was Scots and Mum was Manx, draw your own conclusions!  The really odd thing is many people seem to want to call me Ian - which is my full Brother's name, yet people don't even know I have a brother!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Back to the Weetabix 'breakfast' today - no full English here this morning!  But it's a bit cooler so might not be too bad a day and a Tesco visit is listed for my further entertainment.

Alas the view from Durham station is compromised by trees and all sorts of fancy additions which seemed to be designed to stop you reaching the platform in the easiest manner - but the view from the train as you head out southwards is as good as ever, absolutely breathtaking even when you've seen it before.  And talking of route marches to reach the platform at Durham I'm beginning to wonder if it's me or something about this country?  The new arrangement of the Hammersmith & City access at Paddington means that instead of going up some steps, across a double line width on a footbridge and down steps on the other side you now have to walk about 8 times as far starting off by heading in the opposite direction then doubling back, total nonsense.  At Kings Cross it's much the same - lovely vista at the front of the original station but to actually get into it and join a train involves walking halfway to Gasworks Tunnel and back again - unless, as happened on Monday several rows of ticket gates are left open so allowing anyone, including those without tickets, access to the end of the platforms.  All these things seemingly 'designed' by those who never have to use them, weird.

Ah wel, rant mode off and time for a mooch around RMweb.  Have a good day one & all.  And Trev - don't shake hands with anyone.

• Like 4

Morning all,

Sherry, that is one very sweet post and, Ian, what a lovely response! Warmed my heart to start the day. Bet the 16th of August seems a long way off for you both.

Sun is shining in Clacton and apparently Freddie the Great Grandson, along with his mum and little sister are coming to lunch and he has decreed (to Great Grandmother known as 'GG' or often just 'G' who is a soft touch!) that he wants his paddling pool out! Yes, we have once again got a full stock of children's toys and equipment so I'll be digging in the garage loft to find and fill it before they arrive.

Might get on with some patio set painting later.

Neil, that could be a volatile mixture?

Pete (Trisonic), I'm with Baz on your skill - a classical fan mainly , I appreciate good guitar work and last night I thought of you when Joanna, surfing through the bedroom TV channels, came across an old 'Floyd' concert and there was Mr Gilmour playing slide guitar. He really is very accomplished on everything he plays. I do wish you hadn't mentioned the 'Eagles' , although I'm not a great fan I've found myself humming 'Hotel California' since!

Hope you all get over the hump in one piece,

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS Trev, listen to the 'Stationmaster' - even one of the doctors treating the poor devils has died! J.

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, bit cloudy but normal summer weather here. Continuing the theme rung a friend last night because he hadn't rung me. He went through prostate cancer treatment without ever telling me whenever I rang to see how he was doing in the end his Mum got so exasperated with him she rang me to tell me all about it..... He is back at work now and back to worrying about his Mum's health. Reason for not mentioning this life threatening illness? He thought I had enough to worry about......

• RMweb Gold

Kate Bush headed towards her bus pass!

A passing thought is that Marylyn Monroe would have been 88 last June.

Cyd Charise 92

Jane Russell 93

There goes my childhood crushes! Not that Marylyn was one of them.

Cyd Charisse and Jane Russell are an interesting and contrasting pair of fantasy ladies. The former famous for demonstrating her mesmerising legs, the latter for being of a particularly feminine shape. Instructive.

.........Hence, my decision to spend as much of the rest of my life as possible with Ian.

Make the most of whatever you do!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more" {Henry David Thoreau} :tender:

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Reading posts on here, amongst other things, has changed my outlook over the last few weeks and months.

Yes, grasp every opportunity whilst you are able to.

To know what might have been is the saddest thing.

Cyd Charisse and Jane Russell are an interesting and contrasting pair of fantasy ladies. The former famous for demonstrating her mesmerising legs, the latter for being of a particularly feminine shape. Instructive.

I think I was attracted to Jane Russell when I was about 6.

(In a film with Roy Rogers (103) - might have been the prospect of cuddles!).

My tastes are quite eclectic.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I am devasted with the news on the Bachmann frothing thread.

I so desperately wanted the Aberflyarff and Upper Limpopo 0-2-0T for the quarry branch at Pant Y Gwrdyl.

It is such a popular engine, that I cannot see why any of the major manufacturers have not snapped it up.

Still, much better news locally: Georgie, our next door but one neighbour's daughter is now a Commonwealth Games medallist having won a Bronze medal for Wales in the team gymnastics event.

She is also competing as an individual, so we are still sitting with our fingers crossed for her.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 12

Well, just look at these; what a crackin` pair of phases...............

custom-electric.JPG

Phwarrrrr! :clapping:

:mosking:

Oh, very nice... But what does it do?

Actually, I could be shocked that you have posted such a potential divider on ER, but I Gauss you didn't think that this would polarise us. I'm oscillating between thinking this is an active or a passive act of harmonic distortion (maybe we should put it to an ER volt?).

iD

p.s. would it be too off topic if I posted a picture of a Bus on Wheatstone Bridge on my layout?

BUT . . . . What we really want to know. . . . is . . . . . . How did Debs get the bit of kit from the pup-mobile, through the house, and into the shed? ? ? ? ?

Well, Newton watched, whilst a mechanic took advantage; as it was a case of love her or lever. :boast: 

Oh, very nice... But what does it do?

Actually, I could be shocked that you have posted such a potential divider on ER, but I Gauss you didn't think that this would polarise us. I'm oscillating between thinking this is an active or a passive act of harmonic distortion (maybe we should put it to an ER volt?).

iD

p.s. would it be too off topic if I posted a picture of a Bus on Wheatstone Bridge on my layout?

OK - there's another reason we MUST have a "Groan" button... good grief, that post is like an electrical appendix (or is that appendicitis!!! <groan again>) :jester:

Well, Newton watched, whilst a mechanic took advantage; as it was a case of love her or lever. :boast:

<groan> <arrgghhh> :nono: not sure, but is the lever the point of this discussion or is it more a cross-over to something else...