The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all.  Back to work for a rest after a weekend spent mostly in the garden, but with a bit of watching Grand Prix and "Le Tour".  The weather was truly kind - rained all day Friday, then sunny all weekend, and now it is overcast again.  Shame that the garden doesnt look much different for all our work on it, but plenty of soft fruit was picked and made into a summer fruit pudding.  Lovely!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

The sun has returned and looks like it'll be a dry day which is good as Paul the painter is due any minute.

Enjoyed an afternoon of sport yesterday - watched the GP, some cycling and a couple sets of the tennis. I have to echo Gordon's remarks the other day - how the hell can the women get paid the same prize money as the men! I'm all for equality but to paraphrase Orwell "some people are more equal than others."

Actually got to play with some trains last night but perhaps I too ought to do some modelling instead of thinking about it.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

The Sun is shining and the sky is blue. Bits of me are blue too, from cold, not depression.

Get out of bed temp was 5C, but it's warming up a bit now with a max or 15C forecast.

As with many of you, yesterday was a sports feast on TV. I saw bits of Yorkshire in the morning,

saw the first start of the F1 then the second start before switching to Wimbledon, with timed switches  back to Silverstone during changing ends (saw the finish) then back to Wimbedon until the end.

Shared a 375ml bot of Drostdyhof  dry white with Mike over our Roast pork lunch. Luckily the other three table companions no  longer partake of alcoholic beverages so 375ml was enough for a generous glass each.

I hope the new week is kind to all of you. 

Edited by DonBradley

• RMweb Premium

Easy .. in this case the heavy wool turned into silver to make a cup with....

Good game with Tim Bresnan's brothers bowling well and Townville won..... no rain fell, umpires got a bit more sun tan, tea was excellent so a great time was had..

Baz

Just as well, I had a vision of a tyke laying on his back having the ale wrung out of the 'cup' into his open mouth.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

A very pleasant morning here.

As Aditi works in Stratford and the college is inaccessible today (bicycle event) she has been given permission to work at home. I suspect I will be on tea and coffee making duty. I've no idea what she is doing but I can hear the shredder!

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 6

Morning all.

Bright and sunny, lazy (ish) day ahead but most of it on the computer, sadly. A bit of modelling (chimped up the photoplank...) and then grand-daughter coming round after swimming.

Toying with ideas of Dublo Castles...

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

Hope you had a nice weekend but sympathies if not. 

Spotted this article in the Daily Fail today. I wasn't aware they moved aircraft by rail; seems they may yet need to perfect it! 

I can see the accident investigator's report now...

"Ok, which of you idiots left the wings on those 3 planes...." 

This weekend I managed to get some track laid and trains moving. Very satisfying after the massive effort of kitting out the garage during the spring.

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

No time to say much or read all your adventures yet, but here's a little something I saw on Saturday. Some of you may be able to work out what it is, too. It is original, albeit the chap said they had to put the chassis back together - it had been cut in half!

attachicon.gifGreen car.jpg

Looks like the Ford GT 37 and 3/4 .  :sungum:

Morning all,

Granted myself a nice restful day with the drive back to the far side of Essex tomorrow morning. Quite pleasant weather here in Somerset so I think a short dog walk to the nearby 'Rose and Crown' for a pint of the superb local cider is called for - you simply can't buy it at home! Must remember to stop supping early today however, it's 'B' strong.

I see where Mike (Sidecar Racer) gets the Ford feel, the bodywork is very GT40 like but I thought they all had hard tops?

Useful tip on the PVA, when I visit such shops (the one in Clacton is a '99p Shop'), I tend to stick (pun intended) to the branded goods. Can't see the point on saving on the glue, only to find an expensive kit, or lengthy scratch build ruined! The words Ha'porth of Tar spring to mind!

Hope Monday is kind to you all,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Premium

I see where Mike (Sidecar Racer) gets the Ford feel, the bodywork is very GT40 like but I thought they all had hard tops?

So did I Jock , so just ' funnin ' till Ian or someone else gives us the proper answer .

• Like 2

Agreed. More lumps than my mum's custard. 5L from Screwfix for less than a tenner.

I nicked it off Julie's bench (she uses it in decoupage) and stuck down and ballasted some track. Yesterday afternoon. When I went to brush off the excess ballast it

a) fell off - still wet.

b) landed in sticky lumps everywhere

c) knackered my expensive bench brush

Track, ballast and base a total loss, bench brush £25, so that was a real saving...

Morning all,

Hope you had a nice weekend but sympathies if not. 

Spotted this article in the Daily Fail today. I wasn't aware they moved aircraft by rail; seems they may yet need to perfect it! 

I can see the accident investigator's report now...

"Ok, which of you idiots left the wings on those 3 planes...." 

This weekend I managed to get some track laid and trains moving. Very satisfying after the massive effort of kitting out the garage during the spring.

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87636-planes-on-trains/

Slightly more accurate than the Daily Mail. But not much...

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

And G'day all,

Somewhat late having been first to get a replacement ouch tyre having lost an almost new one after some pillock decided the other week that he wanted not only his share of a narrow country road by mine too and I got the nasty pothole.  At least the tyre was cheaper than a new wing mirror  (I won't explain how I lost that but I bet it cost the p*llock in the B<W more for his than it did for mine several years back.

Anyway that has been followed by a mammoth Tesco shopping session to, partially, take advantage of a special discount.  That apart it's nice and sunny and the local traffic seems to be in semi-gridlock for an unknown reason - maybe they're digging something up now the regatta is over?  But if they are they're not doing it where water was pouring up into the road through a couple of manhole covers yeaterday.

Nice GP result yesterday and great to see Jenson doing so well although the McLaren still lacks the straight line speed of the opposition, and another good one for Williams - seems the British can do well at some sports.

Have a good day and don't overheat.

• Like 4

Morning all

No time to say much or read all your adventures yet, but here's a little something I saw on Saturday. Some of you may be able to work out what it is, too. It is original, albeit the chap said they had to put the chassis back together - it had been cut in half!

attachicon.gifGreen car.jpg

Is that Andrew Newall’s Ford GT 40 Roadster? Probably not he had a number plate stuck on the nose.

Edit: see my post 67696 (at last count) below.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Belated greetings from the view over Borough Market Junction where there is a bit of blue with white/grey clouds,although apparently spots of rain too The crowds are starting to gather for the Tour de France on London Bridge - you can see Lower Thames Street from the bridge. 

Exciting weekend playing with the pressure washer again - the front drive has lost 10 years of accumulated gunk! We then had to wash the windows, and thought we'd do the car while we were at it!

• RMweb Premium

Fortunately the 7 day forecast was accurate with a nice sunny morning as I had to move all of the furniture out of the through lounge onto the patio and lawn so a new carpet could be laid. The fitters were in and out in 40 minutes. The moving process was then reversed. My back is now telling me that I'm getting old! There is still 45 kilos of rock and sand and 45 gallons of water to be put back into the fish tank; Ouch!

Nice morning here, after hitting 32 yesterday  :fie:  . Was rather ugly when added to the high humidity, so we stayed inside and I laid track AND bonus, installed a plate rack/shelf that used to run around top of the old kitchen cabinets, as a stock shelf above the station end of the layout. Will be handy for extra stock to be stored.

It's now 19 and should stay below 27 today, there's a cooler breeze pushing down from Canada on a front, and the humidity is dropping reapidly. Expecting 5 days of nice weather, except for the potential of about 1/2 inch of rain from some thunderstorms.

Have a great start to the week.

• Like 4

OK, I now think that is the Ford GT 40 Roadster that Bob Bondurant crashed at the Targa Florio in 1965, co-driver was John Whitmore.........Do you want the chassis number? It doesn’t have “matching numbers" because the body was built from “scratch” recently using an original prototype as a “pattern”.

If it is not that one then I don’t have a clue :drag:

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Been off grid for a few days due to useless campsite interweb, and the folk wouldn't reset the modemophone.  Grrrr.

Anyway, Jersey was hot, Poole was warm, and wales (Bala) is .....raining, off and on!

Much better little campsite here, nice facilites and still pretty quiet.  Oh and the interweb works.

Not able to look back 4 days or so, so I hope everyone is as well as can be expected and is there any sign of Debs?

Ffestinibahn tomorrow I think, then maybe Llangollen, depending upon MY Debs allowing.....

Laters

NHN