The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all,  

I can breath!   and just had the best nights sleep in a while too.  Mind you I woke up convinced it was Thursday...till Don reminded me (OK I'll blame it on a "Senior Moment"..) 

Still let's all try and have the best day we can? 

Trev.

• Like 2

Morning All,

It is a rather cloudy morning here - but according to the forecast due to brighten up later.

Hayfever season now seems to be in full swing!

<rant mode>

Flaming Yahoo Mail!  What an absolute pile of poo!

I needed to reply to an e-mail this morning, which I had already forwarded to someone else.  However, Yahoo now group their mails into "Conversations" - there is no way to reply to a message which has already been forwarded without including the whole "conversation".  This wasn't a problem in this case, but you need to be extremely careful exactly what you are sending.

As I mentioned the other day, I have sent them various comments regarding their service, but they all seem to go to /dev/null.

The new CEO seems to think she can fix Yahoo, but doing exactly the same things that Google do

</rant mode>

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium
Hayfever season now seems to be in full swing!

I've started to notice the same thing! I can still manage at this time, but I suppose I'll need to get me a prescription for antihistamines soon...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, a bit danp and misty out there not foggy as it was last night. I am now the father of three adults but going by others experience fatherhood will not stop now.Mulling it over so far despite our difficulties they are not a bad bunch of kids.... TGIF and I hope I can give admin the answers they want.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Heading rapidly towards the temperate zones, we are due to pass south of the Arctic Circle at c.09.20 (local time) but the weather seems to be chasing us southwards with Trondheimm forecast as -1 today instead of +3 yesterday and even Bergen forecast as 0 instead of a plus figure.  However there is still a forecast for clear skies further south which will make a change.  Not much else of interest until we get to Trondheim (and not very much of interest there either in our experience of the previous call there; in our experience the more northerly towns and small settlements have been far more interesting and have had the best museums although they have been fairly small),

Have a good day one & all.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry but very grey sky here and 11oC. Forecast is for a cloudy morning with chance of some light rain and possibly some sunshine this afternoon.

Tea taken to The Boss who has intimated that she would like to be deposited at taken to her building society this morning.  When I said she'd earn more interest if she stayed there for 12 months she was rather rude!

No shows to go to this weekend but we've got a fairly busy weekend ahead.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Due to a wet day yesterday we were papering the lounge ceiling it can accurately be described as a pain in the neck. Unable to finish as I had removed the light fitting so it is more today.

I much prefer etched brass kits to Whitemetal ones.

Hope your day will be more fun.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

The storms we were promised on Weds night didn't happen, and yesterday's promised rain is also well overdue, which is nice. It hasn't really rained in over a week, in fact.

Garden is looking a bit better, with the photinias that Deb bought now really getting into their stride - colourful, tall and healthy. The small-ish bed opposite the house is cheerful, too. As the daffs have started to fade, tulips are appearing instead. Alison is only going to improve things further, and as her kids are now at skool, I've offered her another 2 hrs per week just for the garden.

As part of the kids starting skool - having been home-educated to date - an assessment was required. Apart from geometry, they seemed up to scratch, apparently. I think Rowan (10) impressed with his knowledge of particle fusion, or something like that.

Coffee with Sheena shortly. In her super-eco mood, but needing to smarten the house for sale, she has found a "green" recipe for whitewash. I will be expected to say how good it looks, natch. Apparently it needs seven coats! Some people really were born to wear hair-shirts......

Hope your week finishes well.

• Like 1

Ed, didn't catch the Burma railway documentary but did watch the Ripping Yarns one and the Tomkinson's Schooldays afterwards. 

Anyway, morning all. Looks like a sunny day in the offing. Last day at school today, which will finish shortly after the Easter service this morning.

So, plenty of time to get stuck in to the garage while the weather holds. The end-of-year accounts can wait till Sunday when it is due to rain. 

Can't believe it is still so cold over with Ian A. By comparison we have tulips in bloom, clematis nearly so, rhubarb needing picking, Juneberry in flower...

Slight rant here. Why do some parents assume that because I work from home that leaves me free to baby sit their children whilst they go to work in an office? Occasionally, fair enough, but making the assumption that we'll pick up the pieces of their disorganised lives at the last minute grates some! Rant over. 

Anyway, have a pleasant day everyone. Andy  

:bye: .......... :lazy: ............. :bad: ........... :scenic: ........... :drag: ........... :bye:

"Hi everybody, I had a good night's sleep until I threw up. Then I got some good (bad?) news in the post before having a cigarette. Bye everybody"...

Close?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hippos are notoriously slow, especially on the catch up with comments stakes.

So for your delectation, and screams about wasting taxpayers money, here is my take on pre-retirement.

During one's last six months of military service, there is an entitlement to 28 days resettlement.

This resettlement can be taken as a training course(s) or to attend briefings at locations where you might wish to settle:  careful planning meant you could usually do a course and a couple of visits.

Since I already had a job to go to, I opted for lots of trips to far away places where I was considering settling.

I racked up a fair few miles of first class rail travel, and saw lots of places and did journeys I'd never have dreamed possible at the time, such as crossing the Forth and Tay rail bridges.

Sometimes I managed to go from location to location without returning home, which made the epic Telford/Edinburgh/Aberdeen/London/Plymouth/Telford an interesting trip to say the least.

i'm sure that towards the end, every time i wandered into the Orderly room, the Movements clerk would start sobbing. (Although that was probably because i'd told her there was a course in New Zealand I was interested in, and it was only after she'd done all the checks for flights and hotels that I told her I was joking.)

High grey cloud here today, so it will be a cool drive down to Margam for the weekend, leaving my son in charge of house and dog.

It's a working weekend, coaching on the air rifle range at the Country and Game Fair at Fonmon Castle. I hope the weather is not too inclement, as I detest standing around on a cold and wet firing point trying to look happy, especially as I can do grumpy and miserable at the drop of a hat!

Have a great weekend

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Taking a break from soldering up a Slaters 16mm slate wagon. Delighted to report that the tabs and slot were in the right place and a job that I thought was going to be a right pain, proved to be quite simple. Have to agree that  not all such kits are as good.

• Like 5

Robert:

That has been the source of irritation for me, too.

Can you not delete the unwanted sections before sending?

Theoretically, yes - However the software doesn't make it particularly transparent.

When you click on "Reply" you get a new message subsection which appears underneath the old message - making you think that you are just sending a new message.  However, when the message is actually sent - the whole history appears.

As an old school Unix programmer, I prefer to work completely in ASCII text - then I know exactly what I am sending (or not)