The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Home !

Only 6 hours, non-stop (well apart from the M25 and the A11) all the way ... just over 2 hours longer than it should have taken but at least it was uneventful apart from queues !

• RMweb Gold

I have had an exit interview but a few weeks before my retirement my boss (who had known I was going for most of the year) asked me to teach him about networks as I was the only one who understood them. How can you distil several years experience in a few days.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Beast,

Lots of birds to photo here in nz, but a shortage of engines (new Chinese ones here are in limbo due to the odd bit of asbestos(!)lagging.

When I can download them should have some shots of pretty birds but not one of the white kiwi...seems DSLRs are still short of low light imagery potential...

• Like 1

Mostly clear sky with some very high cloud visible. Max predicted =  23C, From today onwards for the next 5 days or so the daily max temp is set to decline towards 18C.

I hope some of you are off to a model railway exhibition or to your own model railway for some operating.

• Like 1

G'day All,

Just joined up after having seen the site when Barry O was visiting a couple of weeks ago.

Will be straight up and say that I'm not into Model Railways anymore, but have moved onto 7 1/4" stuff and I am curently working on the drawings for a WAGR Ms class Garratt!! When fiished it should be about 4 1/2 meters long, and powerful enough to pull a house down.

Used to be a member of the Leeds Club and am still a member of its 'eating and drinking' section... if you want to know more ask Barry O...

Was also a member of the 3mm Society and Mem. Sec of said for sometime.

If any of you out there know remember me, please get in touch... it'll be great to hear from you.

Should maybe mention that my real name is Andy Mottram.

Other than that I'll be here, but just lurking in the background.

Motters

• Like 7

Home !

Only 6 hours, non-stop (well apart from the M25 and the A11) all the way ... just over 2 hours longer than it should have taken but at least it was uneventful apart from queues !

Unavoidable around London at any time on Fridays  - are there still lane closures around the M40, M1,  A1 junctions on the M25? If so they've been going on for a decade....maybe longer...

Good job it's warm enough for rain here - we're expecting 3" inches of precip' this weekend.  Which we could actually use as it is very dry now.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Now, do I go chasing Scots Guradsman or do I settle down to the papers, some modelling and the T20 game between England and Don's lot?

Answers on the back of a postcard to .......

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Dull and a bit foggy outside. Not sure what I'll be doing today, but I suppose shopping for food will be one item.

Off work till 11 April on the advice of my GP, so a bit of additional breathing room has been made available as well.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny here.

Pete, The lane closures on the M25 are now due to the rolling programme of increasing three lane sections to 4 lane. 

I won't be going to any exhibitions this weekend, I only go to reasonably local ones, Alexandra Palace being an exception and even that is easy via public transport from Benfleet. I'm always impressed at the distances some people travel and then still have the energy to enjoy  exhibitions. 

However I may do some more scenic work in the garage. I added a backscene (as yet unpainted) to one end a couple of days ago. I know my artistic limitations so it will just be blue/grey sky, well it will be when I find the tin of matt vinyl I bought some years ago for a similar scene on my ON30 layout.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Warmer today at 9oC, the sun is shining and it looks like being a nice day.

Have taken tea to the Boss who appears to be in a good mood - probably because we've been invited out tomorrow for Mother's Day.

It doesn't appear that I'm required for any domestic duties today and no shows to go to so the intention is to park myself in the railway room for a few hours.

Have a good one and don't forget to put your clocks forward tonight, (unless of course you're somewhere that doesn't need to!)

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1

Good morning all,

Warmer today at 9oC, the sun is shining and it looks like being a nice day.

Have taken tea to the Boss who appears to be in a good mood - probably because we've been invited out tomorrow for Mother's Day.

It doesn't appear that I'm required for any domestic duties today and no shows to go to so the intention is to park myself in the railway room for a few hours.

Have a good one and don't forget to put your clocks forward tonight, (unless of course you're somewhere that doesn't need to!)

Bob.

That's interesting, Bob - quoting your post reveals extra content!

Our clocks sprang(sic) forward at the beginning of March (which is way too early in my opinion).... Today is the last day of just being 4 hours apart from the UK.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

Our clocks sprang(sic) forward at the beginning of March (which is way too early in my opinion).... Today is the last day of just being 4 hours apart from the UK.

So Spring has sprung whilst in the depths of a deep midwinter?

Yep. Though it has warmed up appreciably in the last couple of days. Got wetter, though...we're under a Flood Watch until tomorrow evening.

Not affecting me but I expect to hear of the Mississippi flooding later on in April. Meltwater plus rain.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Ta;king of setting clocks forward;

I always have a nap after lunch. One morning however I was still feeling very sleepy after breakfast, so I lay down and ...... went into a deep sleep. An hour or so later I awoke very disorientated, looked at the bedside alarm clock and thought "Goodness gracious, it's stopped" , reached for it and began setting it forward and then looked at my wristwatch to set the clock to it, only to discover that the clock had been correct. It was ten in the morning.

Well here it is now 10:20 in the morning, and it's a lovely day outside.

BoD, Why was one of your options "chjasing Scots Guardsman? That was DD, when he was painting 220 of them.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

A sunny day here. 

So, I proposed to screw one side of the baseboard to the newly enhanced garage wall. 

SWMprobablyBO counter-proposed buying kitchen cupboards and balancing the layout on top of those. 

"What are the cupboards for?"

"Additional storage."

"For what?"

"Sewing stuff etc. The room could be multi-purpose then."

"Gulp" 

Morning all,

A sunny day here. 

So, I proposed to screw one side of the baseboard to the newly enhanced garage wall. 

SWMprobablyBO counter-proposed buying kitchen cupboards and balancing the layout on top of those. 

"What are the cupboards for?"

"Additional storage."

"For what?"

"Sewing stuff etc. The room could be multi-purpose then."

"Gulp" 

...and so it begins.

Question is... "Where will it end?"

Morning one & all,  

Woke up feeling really tiered (must be an age thing?) ...not much planed for  today apart from a bit more on my Steam Dummy. The foot plate & drag beams are on, so just decide which bits to do next. 

But first of all do have to get some work done!  

Try and make the most of the day, 

Trev.

• RMweb Gold

I think Spring sprang is correct and so is Spring has sprung. However my resident grammarian is still sleeping!

Spring is sprung

The grass is riz

I wonder where them birdies is

The little bird is on the wing

Ain't that absurd?

The little wings is on the bird!

(Spike Milligan, from memory)

• Like 4