The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Many Happy Reruns, Ian! You old git! Ha!

Just saw Paul Newman's old (sic) Volvo 960 Estate - I think Gordon would like this - it had a blown V8 in it. You ever seen a Volvo smoking tyres?

Looked completely stock outside apart from discreet tire upgrades......

Best, Pete.

• Like 4

Hi Pete, Yes in Naples south west Florida , numerous refugees from the cold north down here, telling me tales of snow etc but I already knew due to you guys on here.

My late brother loved Naples! He spent a lot of time there. About the only part of FLA I could live, happily...... St. Pete's is ok too.

As you surmise Florida looks a damn sight more attractive at the time of the year.

I do like the New Jersey Shore, though. Surprisingly the beaches are nicer than Florida's. 

Best, Pete.

Whilst I was out with the dogs this morning a little bit of hatching and wizardry was going on at home.

I have just been presented with a plan of what needs to go in the kitchen.

If I can get it in it'll be just as miraculous as the Tardis.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, rain more rain and a bit of sleet not what was required, then the wind veered and the garden aquired more leaves from somewhere. Happy Birthday Ian A in the frozen north! The prodigal cat has left again and not returned as yet but he was so fat when we picked him up that it is obvious he has more than one feeder. Sorry to hear of the HM's  tribulations ID when we had greyhounds pepsi would develop a limp if it was wet underfoot or raining even if she had her coat on. Enjoy the remains of the Day.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, yes it's very nice here Pete, happy to spend the winter months here but not all year round, would miss the spring etc. Not that I could afford to lol!

Picture is view taken from flat balcony about 15 mins ago, very nice to see that every morning, can see the same from main bedroom,could be yours for a cool 1.6 million US dollarspost-1781-0-87125800-1393781511.jpg

Edited by Shedman5
  • Like 3

Happy Birthday Ian!..

Back from golf which proved to be a low point of the week.  Sometimes the switch is 'on' and others days it's 'off'.  Never known a sport that can change so much from day to day without reason.

Sat and watched 'Captain Phillips' last night on DVD.  Most enjoyable and worth seeing if you haven't already.  I suspect those interested in ships will be nit picky about the detail, but sometimes it's good to know nothing and just enjoy the show...

Can't beat the burbly noise of a large V8, Pete.  Been toying with the idea of going to a track day at Spa, but not sure I have the balls to attack Eau Rouge at six figures plus in an Estate car.  It's a long way home if you break something, but it's still on my bucket list..

Tough luck on the Black Cats.  They looked great for 50 minutes and then were sunk by two brilliant and unstoppable goals.  Gave over.  Felt for you BoD...

• Like 2

My father in Law had a nice place on South Ocean Boulevard in Palm Beach down the road from The Breakers 

Hi, yes it's very nice here Pete, happy to spend the winter months here but not all year round, would miss the spring etc. Not that I could afford to lol!
Picture is view taken from flat balcony about 15 mins ago, very nice to see that every morning, can see the same from main bedroom,could be yours for a cool 1.6 million US dollarsattachicon.gif

- like a different world. I used to be met at Miami Airport  by his gold Rolls Royce (it was grotesque). Step from the bedroom straight onto the beach...

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

Happy birthday Ian. Only once has it been that sort of cold in the morning at the time a record low for England not on my Birthday though. 65th birthdays seem rather popular this year do you think I could postpone mine?

Don

Happy Birthday Ian. Ice cream cake from DQ?

Actually no - my wife always makes a cheesecake (that's to die for) for my birthday, so I'd not replace it with anything :)

Just had some actually, had an early "supper" this afternoon as I'm off to a concert in about an hour - the choir I sing in are backing three different pianists in a concert this evening.

• Like 4