The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

I'm in Worcestershire! I had one of those journeys that twice seemed to involve being in the tail back behind an accident in contraflows. My brother and I sorted out the status of most our mother's stuff. Tuesday is paperwork day as my brother wants me to look at what he has sorted out. We fitted in a visit to a pub in Droitwich this afternoon. Apparently a visit to Worcester may involve beer as well!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Had a thunderstorm last night, and it is mostly sunny now. Think I'll head out later as have no other obligations today. But first for some coffee! :lol:

Have a nice day all! :)

Sorry to hear about the in-laws, both Dd & BoD. I wondered about the silence from Wittering. Now all is explained. You mean you do have a life beyond modelling?

Second week of Winter rains on. O.K. That's enough Winter. Can we have Summer back again soon, please?

I know we have absolutely no reason to complain compared to you lot in the UK, but we are so accostomed to successive sunny clear days that 10+ successive days of cloud and rain are very off putting.

Oh well, half the week gone and the week end to look forward to.

Happy Wednesday all.

Morning All,

Not a bad morning here - a bit on the chilly side, and it looks like it might rain later, but otherwise quite a fresh, Spring morning.

I sympathise with those of you who have problems with the in-laws. I have to say - been there, done that!

I think a slightly quieter day is in order today. I spent most of yesterday working on the car, and I have got very stiff arms, and very sore fingers this morning.

Have a good day everyone!

• RMweb Gold

Morning. Quite frosty here. I didn't have to scrape my windscreen but there are some who will have to do so.

Problems with in-laws relate mainly to health rather than intransigence although there is a bit of that mixed in too. I suppose we all reach that stage at some point.

I think I'm suffering my mid-life crisis. Why is it that some blokes' mid-life crisis involve fast cars and loose women but mine involves depression and incontinent in-laws?

Morning all,

Nice bright sunny morning here at 4.5C with no oktas, so had to de-ice the van before heading down to Portsmouth to collect my delivery. (Collect from Portsmouth, deliver to near Newbury!). Arrive to collect to find nobody's told me there wasn't a run this morning so currently not overly happy having done a near 50 mile round trip for nought! So that's work for today since I planned to finish early as I'm off to Wales tomorrow to play with Ffestiniog, Welsh Highlands and Snowdon railways!

Thanks, Don, I'm certainly looking forward to it, even though the weather forecast can't seem to make up its mind for the weekend. It'll give the car a chance to stretch its wheels too; it's been a bit neglected since I started driving the van :( so a good run should do it good too (approx 300 miles each way!)

• RMweb Gold

I was going to say, 300 miles in a boot would be very uncomfortable (particularly if you've only got size 8 feet!)Will a 320GB external hard drive be enough? laugh.gif

Shining here in The New Forest with about 1 Okta present -looks like it's going to be a scorcher today.

Don you'd best pop over for a couple of hours to enjoy the weather wink.gif

Don: In Jam's case, I might make an exception and let him have a seat! :rolleyes: (Especially as the car has a firm suspension!)

I usually take my notebook computer to relieve the memory sticks, so should have enough space for photos, although recently, I've cut down on the number I take.

Morning all...

Sounds like a great trip John. The railway journeys are marvellous so we'll forward to seeing the pics...

Bright and sunny outside but more than a chill in the air. Still a bit sleepy as our youngest woke me up at 3.25 wanting the toilet. Had to get up and let him out in the garden...

Sounds like a great trip John. The railway journeys are marvellous so we'll forward to seeing the pics...

I'll see what I can do, Gordon
Still a bit sleepy as our youngest woke me up at 3.25 wanting the toilet. Had to get up and let him out in the garden...

Now should this be reported to the NSPCC or recommended to the RSPCA? :lol:

In Laws:

Have moved my BiL in with his parents as a stop gap.

At least there is now someone who can work the telephone in case of emergency (like MiL setting fire to the kitchen again).

Health problems are ever present with all concerned.

Hello.

I'm in Worcestershire! I had one of those journeys that twice seemed to involve being in the tail back behind an accident in contraflows. My brother and I sorted out the status of most our mother's stuff. Tuesday is paperwork day as my brother wants me to look at what he has sorted out. We fitted in a visit to a pub in Droitwich this afternoon. Apparently a visit to Worcester may involve beer as well!

Tony

It usually does. PM me if you need any local knowledge. I've been a Worcester resident for 1/2 century.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

To those going away and and looking forward to a railway related break - have a nice time.

To this with elderly relative problems, I really sympathise, as I've been there with my mum, and she finally got to the stage where she couldn't look after herself at all and had to be relocated into a care home - but seeing your parents/in laws going that way is soul destroying.

Sunny and cloudy here in Lancashire this morning, and chez 45156 is now again a builder free zone, and 45156 is about three grand poorer! Still, it all adds to the value of the house, as it's now in the best fettle since it was built 50 years ago.

I have mentioned elsewhere in my musings about the time I met the late Derek Cross and was told off for including a DMU in a photo of an A3 working into Ayr on a summer releif special (complete with Caley semaphore route indicator) - I was gobsmacked when I acquired one of his books the other day second hand, and there was a photo of the same loco/train leaving Ayr, but of course, with no DMU to mess up the shot! I've got to say, Mr Cross's effort was a lot better than my photo taken on an old Kodak roll film camera with no settings, and with the benefit of the level of expertise reflecting my then 11 or so years! My negative, of course, is lost!

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

Still in Droitwich today. My brother showed how all the paperwork is progressing. He has the probate interview later this month so he has been very busy.

We may go over the house my brother is selling. He has an outboard boat engine that needs moving and I don't mind what goes in my car so it seems an ideal vehicle to move an oily Seagull.

Tony