The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

"Slightly stressed mode" has now been switched off as the car has sailed through the MOT & been serviced with no problems.

Happiness is now Bob shaped. :yes:  :imsohappy:  :danced: 

It's still raining but the temperature has now shot up to 12oC!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Careful Neil you might have made a decision and have to take action!

Both mate, both.  I am the office manager for my sins, after all!

As bar one noteable exception this is a pro-active and supportive team, it's not an issue as a rule.

• Like 2

"Slightly stressed mode" has now been switched off as the car has sailed through the MOT & been serviced with no problems.

Happiness is now Bob shaped. :yes:  :imsohappy:  :danced:

It's still raining but the temperature has now shot up to 12oC!

Could the top be coming off a Fuller's Pride in celebration?

Edit fir spelling error!

Edited by Gruffalo

• RMweb Gold

It seems as if it has rained more here this year than since we moved to Benfleet in 1977.

Postman came a bit later than usual so it is now safe to take Robbie out for a walk. I wanted to make sure there were no other packages for the birthday girl. She phoned at lunchtime and sounded very jolly. She had gone for a walk to the shops to buy milk. I thought she was walking past an infant school from the sound but she said it was just college students! 

We won't be going out for a celebration as even I can cook better than most of the local restaurants. 

Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, dull and wet here, spent the morning sorting out a payment for the apartment I have rented in Florida for Feb via an International Bankers Draft. I was going to pay it  "on line" by wire but when I worked out the fees at the other end for doing it that way  plus here I found it was cheaper to send a bankers draft which I find bizarre. Relieved though as visions of wiring the money to the wrong account did cross my mind.

Did take me a while on the phone to sort though!

Would have been a lot easier if they accepted a credit card payment but never mind all sorted now and another job crossed off the list.

Very quiet here last night with regards to fireworks.

Quickie update on my friend, Brenda`s efforts to rescue a lovely young Labrador-cross bitch from Cyprus and give her a loving forever-home here in Britain.

The appeal has been a tremendous success and the target amount well-surpassed; thanks in no small part to the very kind support of some generous 'Early Risers' here on Rm-Web :good: ......Thankyou so much for your warm-hearted generosity. :friends:

Dear Leni will arrive on a flight next wednesday evening. :yahoo:

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Still popping back, but not a great deal to say - but I am almost caught up now.  Good news on the puppy front is that her ears appear to be a lot better.

Oh yes, and it's raining here.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 2

Quickie update on my friend, Brenda`s efforts to rescue a lovely young Labrador-cross bitch from Cyprus and give her a loving forever-home here in Britain.

The appeal has been a tremendous success and the target amount well-surpassed; thanks in no small part to the very kind support of some generous 'Early Risers' here on Rm-Web :good: ......Thankyou so much for your warm-hearted generosity. :friends:

Dear Leni will arrive on a flight next wednesday evening. :yahoo:

Debs - is she "pre-jabbed" (or "Jagged" as they would have it here in the Heelan's) or does she have a 6 month kennel wait?

Edited by shortliner

'evenin all, 

while attempting to photo tonight's sunset, I realised I got photo of the moon ( and a planet / star /satellite? ).  No idea what though! 

There might be some train pics tomorrow as my GF is travelung south on the train  from Santa- Fe  (NM) at the time of writing...Pleasant dreams all

Trev

post-4282-0-34704200-1383770370.jpg

• Like 6

Gooood moorning E.R.s

It rained heavily yesterday and into the night. More rain forecast for today with a forecast max of 20C but only 15 right now.

Climate change is a reality here. It ought to have been dry with temps in the 30s for the past month whilst Wintery  weather stays on.

Happy Thursday

Morning all,   while most of us were a-bed my GF (bless her little cotton socks) was busy taking train pics for me, couple attached taken (I think) in Santa Fe.  

Yesterday . 

Hope you all have a good day, keep smiling,

Trev.

post-4282-0-59413800-1383803265.jpg

post-4282-0-19711200-1383803412.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

No rain at the moment although there's always the possibility, 11oC and there may be some hazy sunshine later.

Nothing much planned today apart from a supermarket visit later.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Damp outside but probably not raining. Evidence from which bits of dog were damp after his dawn patrol of the garden. 

No great rush this morning as Aditi can go in a bit later as she will be Duty Principal this evening. 

Matthew is off to Glasgow today. He is spending a couple of days there to investigate postgraduate courses, He is going by train, Leicester-Birmingham-Glasgow.  This will be his first visit to Scotland.

Tony

Morning All,

It is rather mild for the time of year this morning.  14°C, which is more like September than November.

That's a nice looking model you've got there Dominik.  More to my taste than the "Pink Peril".

I guess it's time for a coffee.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 1