The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning, well it feels like morning, bad night on call last night. Still only tonight to go then a few hours tomorrow teatime then that's it for another month. It's raining here, hope the weather's not too bad for Andy Y's visit to the MHR on Saturday. Us roughty toughty enginemen can take it, not sure about these pampered forum owners.

Re the moon photo:

Blimey, what lens are you using for that?

Its a Nikon 80-200mm f2.8 AF-S, super lens, was £750 when new, I got it for £50 from a mate, but that's another story (and no it wasn't nicked!) I've just ordered a Tamron 1.4x teleconverter to make it into a 300mm approx. lens when zoomed. They are very expensive for what they are but perform well - I'm really hoping to take some better shots of the moon using this but we shall see.

• RMweb Premium

On Monday, I had the brace removed from my left arm. It appears that my arm break is mended, but it may be six weeks before I can think about driving again.

Good news indeed-hope your recovery is swift-my break is healed, but physio is still ongoing as the injury was to a joint, and not to a straight bone. If you are lucky, then you should not need to undergo any further treatment - as to driving, the consultant told me that provided I could handle the wheel and the gear lever without any discomfort, and could perform an emergency stop under full control, then I should be OK to drive, but I have to say that it's still tiring, and my recent trip to Sussex from Lancashire had to be done in two stages with overnight stops to make sure that I was not getting too fatigued.

Regards

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Good call - I'll get a stepladder.

Why not just stand on the cab roof of Bittern?

Oh and BTW can we make sure that if Mr Y is spotted in any compromising positions this weekend, that you've got your camera and one of your wonderful lenses with you so you can post the evidence for us?

• RMweb Premium

Morning!

Not sure if there was any rain over night - doesn't look like it in any case. Must not forget to make all purchases for the entire weekend - no stores open tomorrow and on Sunday!

Later ;) .

Good Friday morning all,

Yeterday's funeral was very pleasant. It was announced as a celebration of the deceased's life. All six children, some from as far as Canada, the UK and New Zealand were present, and most of the thirteen grand children. I had known all the children from school going age but had not seen many of them since. Many happy reminiscences were exchanged.

Weather here is pleasant at 23C. A warmer weekend is forecast.

List for tomorrow is hair cut (the few on the neck are overlong and the pate need polishing) and do something about my camera. Matilda is due to arrive any time very soon, last heard as having arrived in Jo'burg, so must be ready for a quick about turn.

Morning All,

The weather is gorgeous here this morning - blue sky, and right at the moment about the optimum temperature.

I suspect later on will fall into the "too hot" category though!

Still - no more snow :lol:

Have a good day everyone!

I may pop to the Bishop Auckland model railway exhibition on Sunday, followed by a trip to NRM Locomotion at Shildon, to have a look at Tornado, Lord of the Isles (K1) and Furness Railways No. 20 (J72) in steam, and also have a look at the Deltic prototype.