The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

While that puts me in very exalted company, Pete, it also implies that I'm a boring old straight. Growing old can be so cruel!

I've been wanting to use the disagree button for some time......just about the "boring old straight" bit...

That's enough toadying from me.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

"does anyone know what the red loco in the Peterborough show header is?"

It looks like a Gauge One clockwork loco by Basset and Lowke that I spent hours drooling over in a counter display in the Lemkus shop below ground in St Georges St. in about 1950.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm so jealous of folk attending shows, that is something I really miss.  We're across in a couple of weeks and have managed to make such arrangements to miss any shows local to our two places of stay! 

And there speaks a man who gets to drive a real NG train on a regular basis!

Don

• RMweb Premium

must get new glasses - I thought Pete said "dribblers"! not drivellers... and there was me an ex rugby player wondering who the new ERs with footballing skills were....

Meanwhile back on Planet Leeds........

• RMweb Gold

I hacked a few pieces of Wills plastic products together this afternoon to see if the platform waiting rooms "looked right". They did but it made the cutting sides "look wrong". Some adjustment of the slope (saw, electricians bolster, mallet and hammer soon sorted it. Much happier now. I can now have space for the little garden that is on the prototype!

Tony

• Like 1

Normal service will be resumed on Monday hopefully.

I notice my rapier-like drivel has been adequately substituted with equally sublimely fatuous nonsense.

Funeral tomorrow then, somewhat strangely, I'm putting on an Entertainment in the Village Hall on Saturday.

• RMweb Gold

And I got to use the undecipherable button! you don't believe in the island of Plop? It's twinned with the I.O.M...............

Best, Pete.

As you live in the US you haven't had to drive across Belgium with a small child sniggering at all the adverts to visit Plopsaland.

As you live in the US you haven't had to drive across Belgium with a small child sniggering at all the adverts to visit Plopsaland.

Got strip searched at the France / Belgium border in Lille, outside in the pouring rain. B@st@rds!!!!!!!

I've been everywhere in Europe, mostly good. Thank God.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Got strip searched at the France / Belgium border in Lille, outside in the pouring rain. B@st@rds!!!!!!!

I've been everywhere in Europe, mostly good. Thank God.

Best, Pete.

Last time I saw that happen was when the mobile Belgian border folk accosted a young (ish) female person on a local train heading over the border towards Lille.  they started the strip search in the passenger seating area but moved into the Guard's van area just as they got to what might rudely be termed 'the more interesting bits'.  I don't know what they found where but said female person was marched off the train at Lille handcuffed to one of the border folk - and seemingly wearing all her clothes.