The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I think it is going to be a nice day here today, once some clouds move away. It may even turn out to be a good day for digging out dandelions, we seem to have rather a lot this year.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. That's the first marker reached on my call out week, the 60 hour non stop bit is behind me. I can now relax till 16-30 when it all starts again. Bit of an MOT week for me this week, dental check up today then prostate check and well man clinic later in the week. I changed the the prostate check time as originally it was going to be done by a young, quite glamorous female doctor. I'm sure you all know the details of what's involved in this check, so although a doctor is a doctor is a doctor I decided to change to one of the old male ones. I suppose it's weird really, just feel more comfortable this way (not that a prostate check is ever going to be comfortable.) I hope all you older ER's have had / are going to have this check, I've known a couple of people who have ignored things and paid the price.

Hope to progress both the 7mm O2 and the guitar playing this week, then it's a day's driving on the MHR on Saturday. I will try and get some pictures of Mr. York enjoying himself (or not) to post on the forum.

Morning All,

We had quite heavy rain overnight - but woke up this morning to sunshine again. Currently the sun is out and the sky is blue. The drive to work was a bit hectic though - the traffic seemed to be particularly heavy, and the standard of driving particularly low.

Fingers crossed for the prostate check Phil. I know exactly what it entails having been through it myself a few years ago when I got prostatitis. It seems to be the rule that urologists and so forth always have hands like hams :O . Not a pleasant experience!

Have a good day everyone

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Full set of oktas but not currently leaking. Bit inconvenient, someone has scheduled a meeting with me at the office at 9.30! Might have to take a day off midweek to recover. Have a good one all.

... Fingers crossed for the prostate check Phil. ...

Ooh, I hope not. Uncomfortable enough with the doctors fingers uncrossed!

If things need clearing out Phil I'll drop your air compressor back to you.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Back at work after a week off - had to leave the builder to it this morning as both Mrs 45156 and I need to be back at the daily grind. He seemed confident that he can find the problem and correct it, so I should be able to have a bath tonight. He now expects to finish by tomorrow night (plaster is dry enough apparently) so we can then get the carpets sorted out, and get cracking on enjoying the new layout and facilities in the house - I've got to say that an understairs cloakroom seems a good idea, but would be no good if I put on much more weight, as it's a bit of a tight squeeze - think Mk1 stock loo, but a nit narrower, and you'll get the idea.

Spent half my dinner time reading the drivel ER posts on here, and surprise surprise I've not missed much apart from Mick B's sick cat, and we all wish a quick (and low cost) recovery. I've got to visit our vet again tonight as he wants to see how the dog's ear has progressed or deteriorated during her week's stay in kennels.

Started off cloudy this morning, but has changed now to cloudy bright with lots of cumulus popping up - good news for glider pilots if not for anybody else. Love the fact that on Saturday night they were predicting a brilliant day for the London Marathon, and I was chasing a rainstorm up the M40 and M6 - didn't drive out of it til about Warrington.

Regards to all

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Give me a thin fingered female doctor every time.

I had a check a couple of years back by a New Zealand Rugby Prop Forward Doctor.

I only went because I'd something in my eye.

If the doctor had been the one in between the prop forwards it would have probably caused a problem for the board censor software.

• RMweb Premium

i hope she knows how to do the up and under.

I thought you were going to find that out but now I remember you elected to go for the prop forward!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

One of my former colleagues played rugby for her college. She could press the CTRL ALT DEL keys on a standard PC keyboard with one hand. Perhaps she should gone into medicine rather than IT.

Tony

Morning All,

Quite a nice sunny morning here today - however, it is a bit more hazy than it has been over the past few days.

I can press CTRL-ALT-DEL with one hand too. Strangely enough, I work in IT.

Have a good day everyone.

We are fortunate enough not to have to supply our own rabbits for the back garden.

It does my heart good to watch the plant and animal life coming into vigorous activity after a rotten winter.

All the nest boxes are tenanted.

I know it's a common sight but I still find it fascinating to watch Blue ###### preparing their nest.

Huge quantities of moss, feathers and sheep wool taken into the boxes.

How such a small bird lays eggs in the mid teens I find incredible.