The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
. No breakfast yet as I've got a fasting blood test this morning

Funnily enough I've just had my last coffee as I have a fasting test tomorrow morning. Last time it took two nurses and the GP all to have several goes before one of them got lucky. Tomorrow I have two tests, one at eight and another at ten. Should be fun.

Last night was the first two blanket night this year. Wearing a thicker jersey today, though will probably be able to take it off later. Winter is definately approaching.

My colleague is coming in on Monday so I have decided to take it off.

See you guys on Wednesday :)

Funnily enough I've just had my last coffee as I have a fasting test tomorrow morning. Last time it took two nurses and the GP all to have several goes before one of them got lucky. Tomorrow I have two tests, one at eight and another at ten. Should be fun.

My eyesight must be getting worse. I saw the word 'fasting' as something different. The 's' had become an 'r' and I thought good grief, what on earth is that test for.....

On the plane front, here's hoping someone shoves one right up Ryanair although I doubt if anyone will get a £ out of that berk...

Reading your post Don reminded me, it'll soon be Christmas....

Morning All,

It is another lovely morning here. Rather chilly, but with blue sky and sun. Hopefully it will stay like that over the weekend.

Last time it took two nurses and the GP all to have several goes before one of them got lucky.

That is a fantastic quote! However, I know what you mean. That happened to me when I gave blood a few years ago. The Doctor had several goes before the nurse came over and got the needle straight in. Trouble was, the Doctor had gone through the vein and out the other side, so I ended up with a massive bruise! I haven't given blood since I have been in Germany though - not allowed to! :angry:

On the plane front, here's hoping someone shoves one right up Ryanair although I doubt if anyone will get a £ out of that berk...

The last time I flew Ryanair, I vowed never to do so again. However, in this instance he does have a point, although I rarely like the way that he goes about putting his point - why should passengers be compensated for something that wasn't the airlines fault? I realise that I might be sticking my head above the parapet here, but the airlines just can't afford it. They are having to be more and more competitive to push prices down, and all the time costs are going up. They are already on extremely tight margins and having to compensate everyone is likely to put some out of business through no fault of their own.

Have a good day everyone!

• RMweb Gold
My eyesight must be getting worse. I saw the word 'fasting' as something different.

That's alright, I misread Dave's "These 'ere 2mm bricks are rather small!"

Morning all

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Bit later in chiming in today. Sunny morning, and I gather it's bound to be warm :) . Will meet with some friends at a restaurant for dinner tonight - here's hoping I won't have my wallet stolen again as in early March :lol: .

Later :) .

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, lovely morning. i think a reservoir check day is in order for today after being cooped up on the ADR course all week. A nice road trip round Hampshire making sure no one has stolen the ressies, which are mainly in delightful locations. Only downside is call out starts at 20-00, first staging post will be 08-00 on Monday when I can have 8 hrs away from it. I start to wish my life away when on call, that's not really a good thing at 60+, but I am looking forward to next Saturday when a certain Mr York from Telford will be joining me for a trip on the footplate at the MHR.

Have a good day chaps.

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

No further blood tests for me today. I think the doctor only requests the fasting glucose test so he can tell me I don't have diabetes. At the hospital when the consultant checks the blood results the screen shows abnormal results in red. There are quite a lot for mine but the consultant said not to worry as they were normal for me.

It isn't too warm here yet but is sunny. Tomorrow is forecast to be nice but I'll be indoors for most of the day playing trains. The club layout is off to Warley this year and for the next few months the club days are "work and running sessions" so I hope it doesn't require trainers.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright again. I have the day off work but unfortunately my time is largely taken up by ferrying youngest son and his mates to and from Thorpe Park. Still there is an interlude of several hours where I have to go and have "lunch" with a mate. Better not be too much "lunch" or I won't be able to find Thorpe Park for the return leg!

Cheers

Dave

Will meet with some friends at a restaurant for dinner tonight - here's hoping I won't have my wallet stolen again as in early March :lol: .

I'd find some different friends if they do that to you! ;) :P

Morning all, grey day here. Playing tennis after work, so looking forward to that and a swim afterwards. TGI...

• RMweb Premium

I'd find some different friends if they do that to you! ;) :P

Good one :lol: . We won't be going to the same restaurant as in March, so perhaps there won't be any crooks there!

On another note: I just read how the police stopped and searched a van which turned out to be hopelessly overloaded. Maximum permissible weight would have been 2.8 tonnes, but it actually weighed about five tonnes as it was loaded with piles of concrete slabs. The drivers were handed a 915 € fine.

• RMweb Gold

On another note: I just read how the police stopped and searched a van which turned out to be hopelessly overloaded. Maximum permissible weight would have been 2.8 tonnes, but it actually weighed about five tonnes as it was loaded with piles of concrete slabs. The drivers were handed a 915 € fine.

It may be an urban myth but suspension and clutch failure are not unknown as "booze cruisers" drive through Kent on return from their trip to France.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

For the record - my wallet did not leave my side last night :lol: . Dinner was fine, too, but I was very tired when I got home.

Calm morning over here and the forecast predicts 22° - followed by 25° tomorrow :) . There will, however, be a chance of thunderstorms as well.

Will chime back in as soon as I am a bit more awake ;) .

• RMweb Gold
For the record - my wallet did not leave my side last night

I used to know someone like that - they would never buy a round of drinks. wink.gif biggrin.gif

What am I doing up at this time on a weekend?

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

It must be Saturday, the newspaper delivery was three times as noisy.

Nice day here. I'll take Robbie for a walk then set off to Hatfield Peverel to have a train day. Matthew would take Robbie out for me but he has got a chest infection/cough and would prefer not to go. I expect if he is at home he can talk to any political canvassers coming round. As a politics student he would enjoy that but he doesn't have a vote this election (not eighteen yet). He did win an election this week. They had a "mock" leaders debate in General Studies and Matthew was one of the three students chosen to perform. He must be the only party leader ever to be cross that the party he appeared for won.

Tony

Morning all....

Sun is out and first job today is to completely strip and clean the pond filter. With five chambers and an assortment of filter media this can take the best part of an hour. Once it warms up a bit, it's time to wade into the pond to clean the two pumps. It's OK until the water get's past the three foot mark at which point it's breathe in deeply and pull the knees together...blink.gif

It's a labour of love, but do they thank me for it...

I think there are other tasks lined up, but everything stops for footy at 12.45....

Come on you Spurs...smile.gif