The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

There was a swallow, swift or housemartin flying over the Victoria Dock just now when I looked out.

Were they on VFR or in controlled airspace on IFR?

Depends on whether they were natural products or made by de Havilland or Supermarine respectively! :lol:

Guest Max Stafford

Really enjoyed the last two weeks off. Back to work at 2. Doubtless to a maelstrom of condescending and threatening emails from office-bound war dodgers, shifts altered without my consent and a host of other items that will conspire to sap my will.

Time to resume the mantra; "Just be grateful you have a job, just be grateful....."

I used to think it was wrong to wish your life away. Nowadays, it's becoming a survival strategy! :rolleyes:

Still, it'll soon be Sunday night and I'll have finished again.

Dave.

• RMweb Gold
I used to think it was wrong to wish your life away.

Still, it'll soon be Sunday night

Wish it was last Sunday night - then you won't feel as guilty.

Guest Max Stafford

Well, that would sit more comfortably with my retrospective take on music, style and modelling eras...!

:D

Not so many unpleasant communications today and only two shift alterations, one of which I'm going to cheerfully ignore and take the consequences anyway! ;)

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Headache's thankfully gone - been quite nasty last night and I did have to lie down for a while before dinner.

Quite cool outside (perhaps that headache was just something related to meteoropathy), but the sun's rising and it's supposed to be 25° by Sunday :blink: .

Later :) .

Still pleasant, though cool, Aumumn weather. Partly cloudy, partly clear, 18C.

Tuesday is a public holiday. Wondering whether I should take Monday off!

Can't really afford to, having just come back from leave, but the idea is very tempting.

Morning All,

It is totally bizarre weather around here at the moment. It was down to -1°C when I drove to work this morning.

It is a little bit more cloudy too - and looking out of my office window, I can see something that I haven't seen for a few days. A contrail! I know some people out there won't agree with me here, but it is good to see.

On other issues, things are incredibly stressful at work at the moment. Yesterday was not a good day, and I was glad to get home last night. However, I've now got to do it all again!

Ah, Don - the Brückentag! We have got one in a couple of weeks. The holiday is on the Thursday and so I shall take Friday off. A phenomena that the UK doesn't usually have with their Bank Holidays always being on Monday. Could you take the day off on overtime?

Have a good day everyone.

Oh b*gger, first plane of the morning just passed overhead...rolleyes.gif

I came past Heathrow yesterday and little or nothing was moving, so did think all this talk of the airports being open had become political spin.

Never mind, the peace and quiet was nice while it lasted.

St Georges Day tomorrow....

I am a contractor. No paid holidays. No work, no pay, so lose out on a days pay on Tuesday anyway. The question is do I want to scrifice another day having just taken two weeks off! (half a months income)

Still very tempted though.

Did you see the news of the Rovos rail smash yesterday?

The Electric units uncoupled and pulled ahead to alow a steam loco to hitch on. Whilst waiting the 19 coach train rolled back down a hill and proceeded at ever increasing speed for 10 kms before derailing disasterously, coaches falling on their sides and on top of oner another.

Three (train staff) killed and many passengers injured, three critically!

I have not travelled on it. Can't afford to. It is priced in dollars and very much aimed at the overseas market. Of 55 passengers only four were South African, 40 Amercan, the rest British (unhurt) and French.

It's obviously head line news here, but I also saw it on Sky and CNN.

I noticed the headline on the BBC News website about that last night but was nearly asleep so didn't investigate further.

I have a meeting across town at 10. I'm not sure of the timings of buses to get there (it's on a route I've never used and will involve a change). I was planning to give myself over an hour to get there by bus. I've just checked the iPhone's maps app and it claims I should be able to walk it in an hour, so I think I'll go for that option instead!

8 oktas but at a reasonably high altitude, I think. Hopefully I won't get wet...

• RMweb Gold

Hello. It is very sunny here and starting to warm up. No breakfast yet as I've got a fasting blood test this morning. I'm off now otherwise I'll be stuck in the traffic from all the mummies and daddies dropping off their children at the local schools.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright one again. Why is it whenever you want to print a sheet of brickpaper the colour cartridge runs out and you don't have a spare. Is this a documented phenomenum or should I apply for a government grant to investigate it?

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning All, Bright one again. Why is it whenever you want to print a sheet of brickpaper the colour cartridge runs out and you don't have a spare. Is this a documented phenomenum or should I apply for a government grant to investigate it?

Cheers

Dave

I suspect that is why 24 hour Tesco stores sell printer cartridges. They probably have done the research.

I don't have a printer near my pc so I'm grateful for the little messages that pop up telling me how near to empty cartridges are.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Thought for the day: There's a Swiss dish which is called "cholera". Wonder if this is actually palatable? :blink:

I hope it isn't as rubbery as a welly burger.

I also wonder what the rest of the world thinks of "Toad in the Hole"?

Cheers

Dave

Same reason you only find out there is a fault with your wipers once it starts raining...smile.gif

Just spent an enjoyable hour with an Ivatt 2-6-0 in bits. 55 minutes of that was spend quartering the bluddy wheels and conn rods.....Aaargh!

Thankfully all is now well.

• RMweb Gold

Cheers

Dave

No - just ask your employer to buy a new one B)

• RMweb Premium

No - just ask your employer to buy a new one B)

Tried the equipment provided by said employer but the results were rather less than spectacular. These 'ere 2mm bricks are rather small!

Cheers

Dave