The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Surely not in the UK, Gordon?

Best, Pete.

Very much so, Pete.  Just about three miles away from Pendon, so that's even more of a bonus..

If it were my garden it would either mean working 8 hrs every day to keep it looking good or it would be overgrown in a week or two.  Somehow he's able to keep a garden like that with fairly little maintenance.  I guess that's what knowledge of your subject means.

You'll need to get that Rolex seen to, DD.  The date is missing... ;)

• Like 1

Blimy. We are in the presence of the elite. The man owns a Rolex

Good chilly morning. 10C

The numeric and punctuation keys across the top of the keyboard have suddenly ceased to function. I would normally put an exclamation mark in parenthesis at the. end of that sentence but CANT. See what I mean.

Luckily the period . comma, and query? are on the bottom row

Have a Happy Hump day.

• Like 2

Morning All,

Autumn seems to be upon us this morning.  It is grey, wet and generally miserable.  Still - we've had a good Summer, so can't complain!

Lots of today's Agenda.  I need to order some wood for the woodburner, go to a meeting, and still have enough time to get around a week of work done for a Friday deadline.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Good  morning all,

Dry, dull, 12oC - there may be some sunshine between the clouds this morning & possibly rain later this afternoon.

Normal bedlam here yesterday with family - I love it when the kids are laughing even if it is at my expense.

Joe has settled in happily at his new school. We tend to worry about him a little bit more because he is diabetic but he is very competent at testing his blood levels & calculating how much insulin he needs. Because of his condition he has a pass to go the front of the queue at lunchtime & gets to take a classmate. He is rapidly becoming popular! He also got selected by the Head to go back to his old school to tell Year 6 what the first week is like for a new kid in a large senior school. (he loves it so far)

Railway room tidying will be carried on today - I think I've got enough rolling stock for about 4 or more layouts the same size as mine.

Have a good one

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob

Morning all, 

Lots of Rolex's available from the street hawkers here,  genuine ones too! .........

To brighten 'ump day the  picture is from Salmon Arm BC. (Canada).............may the force be with you today, 

be good ( or at least try to pretend to enjoy what ever you're up to)

Trev

post-4282-0-71133000-1378879643.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dull and breezy outside. My bin bag (non recyclable contents) could be in danger of blowing away. I am not putting it out yet,  the local foxes are probably still investigating the contents of those who put stuff out the night before.

I wonder if our household would have passed a dog re-homing inspection! We did meet the requirements for the rat rescue centre when Matthew got his pair (Norah and Smudge) many years ago

Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It must have been our local foxes that pinched the motor, cable and heat exchanger from the old fridge freezer we put out for the local authority to collect.

The height of embarassment for a local couple they put a manky chest freezer out three weeks ago no  one has touched it.......

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a grey and overcast Leeds.

Pete - pass us some of your temperature please! Good job no cricket for me this weekend as its not good standing for 7 hours in the freezing cold!

Housework, Building Society then prep for my demo at Steam in Swindon this weekend.

Have a great hump day and enjoy yourselves!

• Like 1

We get three different "Bawlies" (Local Colloq.) visiting the area each week; making a veriety of indistinguishable calls along the lines of Any Old Iron or Rag and Bone...........my Dogs are most concerned about the application of the latter!

One enterprising chap even has a loud-hailer playing Chas and Dave`s "Any Old Iron"............although after several minutes of him driving about the area; all humour has gone out of hearing it blaring!

As Grand-Mother always said: "Where there`s muck; there`s brass" :D

• RMweb Gold

We get 2/3 of these merchants in our road on a daily basis. Anything metal left on view either in driveways or front gardens disappears within minutes! it seems to be the accepted thing around here that if they can see it they take itI There was a time a few years ago they used to knock & ask but now they don't bother.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Definitely a touch of Autumn here in Somerset I think temperatures of 83F may be over whether at 7pm or not. We are currently parked on our drive we haven't unpacked anything as we are waiting for a quote and a starting date from the builders. We also have yet to dog secure the borders including the inlet and outlet of the stream. The dogs dont mind as it means extra walks until we can safely let them loose. Exmoor proper starts a quarter of a mile up the lane.

I sold quite a lot of scrap recovered from work on the last place. To deter thieves the scrapyard would only give you the money by a reverse transaction on your debit card which meant any sale was traceable to the cardholder.

Don

edit for PS I cold do with some of those scrap collectors as there is an exercise bike and a dishwater to get remove.

Edited by Donw
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

A definite cooling of the air this morning, it was dull and overcast whilst I was photographing a pair of 20s on the Sizewell and earlier the house felt distinctly cool, time to start thinking about letting the heating give a short blast to take the edge off things.

Have a good day all.

Funny you should mention scrap merchants - one has just been up our quiet road in a white pickup shouting something very distorted through a loud hailer. Haven't bothered putting my hearing aid in yet so didn't understand a word.

Rather overcast and much cooler today in Cardiff.

Morning all,

Dave