The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I rise to a point of order.

41.6% of food is imported.

100% of the green vegetables I purchased today were imported. I did buy a lot of local potatoes and carrots though (and they were much heavier).

Tony

'My boss is currently stranded in Kathmandu...! '

Is that good or bad news?

Good morning all.

Winter weather continues, but not so bad.

Temp around 20 with intermittent rain interspersed with some clearing and patches of sun in between.

I had to go up and down stairs 8 times on Saturday. Today my legs still feel as though I had run a marathon. I don't know how they would feel if I had to cycle to school.

Jam, how are you going to get your cabinet to school? I can just imagine it tied on the back of your bicycle! :lol:

BTW, 45156'S name is Stewart.

He's the guy who broke his shoulder, slipping on ice. He wasn't skiing, like your school mates

Morning All,

It is quite a nice morning here - a little on the hazy side, but with good visibility. That's good news though, because it will allow the airlines to get some stranded passengers out under controlled VFR. If the cloud comes down, then no chance of that.

I quite glad that I don't need to go anywhere in the next few weeks!

The news makes quite interesting watching at the moment - certainly makes a change from politicians. I am amazed how different people can be. Some use amazing cunning and ingenuity to get where they want to be, but others just sit around and whinge.

We live in interesting times!

Have a good day everyone

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny and no cloud here. I'm not planning to do anything much today. I now seem to have got the cough that my wife had last week. Fortunately it only hurts when I breathe in.

Tony

Evening all, another lay in today after a hectic day yesterday!

0 oktas and 0 sign of any ash here!

Is tomorrow Ash Wednesday?

Looking at Newbury and Newport, South Wales and the journey between me and them, yesterday was certainly Ash Monday!

BTW, just out of curiosity, (and I have several dead cats round here!), when quoting a previous retort, are you using the Reply (or MultiQuote) features of this forum or just the cut&paste of your computer?

Another cat buried!

Morning all! Bad day at work yesterday, Mick?

I climbed Arthur's Seat on Saturday, Don (only about 900 feet) but my knee was very sore on Sunday.

My boss being stuck in Kathmandu isn't terribly good news. I started my new job the day she left, so I'm really struggling to know what I'm supposed to be doing! Could really be doing with some advice and support!

Morning all.....

Not a vapour trail in sight. I was working up in my railway room yesterday and had to stop and listen. Not a sound but the birds. We have road works a few hundred yards up the road, so no road traffic was moving and no aircraft overhead.

Purely selfish, I know, but it would be nice to have a lot more days of peace. I'd completely forgotten what it was like when I was a kid with little or no traffic.

Try and keep your chin up Mick. It can't be easy when every day is a battle to get through....

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright one hereabouts. There's a coincidence Gordon, the road outside my house is blocked half a mile towards town and we have been experiencing the same quiet without any vapour trails in the sky. Network rail are raising a number of bridges to allow larger containers to travel on wagons other than "pocket" wagons and it has been causing a certain amount of chaos around the town for months. The bridge our road crosses is due to be closed till July so the only traffic passing the house is local stuff, no commuters. Could get used to it.

Cheers

Dave

I don't know who you are asking, but I am using cut & paste.

When the quote appears in a green box, then the system quote is being used.

Don, it was a general enquiry!

If the tools exist to reply with a quote, then why not use them?

Guess it's just my engineering background, but I ain't gonna reinvent the wheel without good reason!

• RMweb Gold

My boss being stuck in Kathmandu isn't terribly good news. I started my new job the day she left, so I'm really struggling to know what I'm supposed to be doing! Could really be doing with some advice and support!

Just write "Induction Programme" in your diary.

Visit any out of office locations.

Email the boss and tell her not to worry, (that always makes people anxious) .

Tony