The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

For people returning from Europe, the geovernment needs to hire a fleet of coaches and taxis to pick them up at the ends of their holidays or business trips and ferry them to the ferry ports or the Tunnel. Then requisition as many cruise liners as possible to ship people back from the rest of the world. They should all be home in 6 to 8 weeks. Send the bill to Iceland. Simples!

• RMweb Gold

laugh.gif

Cheers Dd.

It will simply have a slide on metal striker plate pull onto the right hand side with foam blocks to secure it in place. I'll fit a magnetic catch on the inside of the cabinet which will attach itself to the striker plate when the door is closed. (Well, that's the theory anyway!) blink.gif

• RMweb Premium

I now watched Star Trek (the 2009 film) as well - found it quite dark and sad, TBH :unsure: . From a technical point of view it was pretty much flawless, though!

I wonder if anybody may ever actually do an orbital parachute jump, though! :O :blink:

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

The flying ban has been extended yet again, to 2000 hours today. Other than that, nothing of notice seems to have happened over here yet. Still need to get into gear, though!

Have a good day all :) ...

Good morning all.

Winter has started! Low, heavy, grey cloud down to about 1,000 ft.

Dripping at present, but rain imminent.

The weekend was fine. Partly cloudy but lots of sun in between.

Only worked three days last week, but the propect of working five days this week is daunting.

Very nice work, Jam. Did you make the handle? That's real craftmanship.

Waiting for an update of Wittering, Dd.

Glad you did well with the 5.

Read your description of ballasting pointwork Gordon, Very simple, but also very effecrive.

Cheers all.

Oh good, Don.

I'm pleased you thought it did well.

Prices are a little depressed. Sorry to see it go, really.

Not much of an update.

I've been working on the station area.

I've scratchbuilt the 'main' building and used a Kestrel kit as the basis for the other side of the tracks.

The area has been fenced. I'm playing with ideas for the enclosed ground - possibly allotments instead of a car park.

Wondering if it's worth scratch building a footbridge for passengers or just buy a kit.

Nothing worth showing pics. of yet.

Sorry ERs - carry on.

Making the stairs for a foot bridge would put me off completely, so I would opt for a kit, but it's your choice.

The allotments idea sounds definately to be your forte. Lots of individual ideas to be included. A parking lot seems vary mundane in comparison. But as said above, it's your/Harry's layout.

I've already got greenhouses, Don.

I bought 120 Preiser figures, some of which can be digging and such.

A little disappointed that they are smaller than I'd hoped (averaging about 5'8"). The same differential as HO and OO.

Some lineside huts are on the way which will do for fast garden sheds.

Sooner or later I'll have to get back to the electrics.

Not enough modelling time at the moment.

Morning All,

It is another lovely morning here. The sun is shining, the birds are singing but the 'planes are still grounded.

Several of my team were due to fly this morning - but they are going to be in the office instead. A parcel of spares I ordered from the UK is stuck in a UPS depot in London and dark whispers are starting here at work. As a colleague of mine said what happens if this volcano continues to erupt for a year?!? It is amazing how dependent we have become on air travel.

Anyway - on a more positive note, I had a great drive to work this morning. The forest looks wonderful at this time of year.

Have a good day everyone!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright in these parts despite it being Monday. Dare I drive to work with the car roof down or will the car fill up with ash? Decisions decisions. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hello all.

The sky looks rather grey here and showers are predicted for later today.

I've a little (shopping) list but then I may be able to continue with some modelling as I want some wooden skewers to hold the styrofoam scenery together.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning ERs

Plans have changed slightly now, as won't be going away until tomorrow - currently waiting for the builder to arrive to make a start on the long awaited jobs that we planned back in the depths of the winter - he said he's waiting for materials to arrive at his yard, and he'll be with me mid to late morning - knowing builders of old, that probably means about two pm. If the supplies are being air freighted in, I'll see him in the sweet bye and bye.

Cold and cloudy this morning - and just started to rain - oh joy.

Jam, your cabinet looks good - fancy making a few more and selling them on here - you could probably make a few bob!

Guy at the petrol station was saying that in the supermarket yesterday, the panic buying had started and there was a shortage of fruit and veg - not only the air freighted exotic stuff, but also the routine stuff - don't the punters know that it only a tiny fraction of produce is air shipped - probably about 3%? And that most of the stuff in the shops now was probably harvested about six months ago and has been in "controlled" storage?

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all!

After two weeks off from cycling, I really felt it this morning! This afternoon was fine though, it was nice to catch up with friends again.

As for the cabinet, thank you all for your kind responses. Don, I'm afraid I didn't make the handle (not enough time, and it wasn't worth it considering I could buy the handle so cheaply!) the rest was built by me though. I suppose I could have made the handle. It would take a long time though! laugh.gif

Thanks 45156 (sorry don't know your name!). Indeed I could, although it would have to wait a couple years! wink.gif

A few teachers stuck abroad (alright for some!) and some of the students who went skiing came back with broken legs! blink.gif