The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all. I like Mike's comment about where we would meet. When I was the Gazette Editor the publishers were in Lydney (still are) so the then Chairman of Publications MIke Vincent arranged for a hire coach to be attached to the DFR trains and we held our annual publications meeting in the coach sandwiches were laid on the only hinderance was people popping out of the meeting for a footplate ride. Mike said the expense was fully justified everyone turned up so one meeting was all we needed. Seeing as I lived in Coalway it suited me fine. It was really the best arrangements for a meeting.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

I was just logging off last night when one of Mr Branson's big red hot air balloons rose majestically from half a mile away just over the river.  And up it went, closely followed by another one, also rising majestically.  Then things started to get a little less majestic - the red one rose, then sank heavily with burner full on - and started to recover.  The second one appeared to be getting away better - then the red one got about half a mile from the launch site, and sank, sank, sank behind the tree line not to return.  I mentioned to 30747 that the second balloon appeared to be doing a lot better, then it reached the same point (from about 300 feet higher) and it too sank, sank, sank with the burner full on.

No doubt the twenty odd punters who got about ten minutes airborne will be looking for a refund.

Other than that, caught up, and still wondering about Don B - any news, anybody?

Lily's demanding a walk now, so

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

Now in our new flat which will doubtlessly see several furniture assembly procedures over the next several days... I'm sure I'll be sleeping like a rock after all the commotion of the past few days!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

Now in our new flat which will doubtlessly see several furniture assembly procedures over the next several days... I'm sure I'll be sleeping like a rock after all the commotion of the past few days!

The difference is, your broadband connection was ready and waiting.....over here you'd still be waiting for someone to return your call from an Indian call centre, despite Stewart's best efforts to get someone to deal with it!

• Like 1

'evenin all,  

After a long chat with very senior  colleague  (director )  I feel a lot happier.  The "Wheel re-inventor"  has been told that he should listen to me! ....seems to be working..  

Almost by default my modelling mojo returned tonight too..... part of one of my  1:24  projects....this building will in fact "flat pack into my laptop bag...

Real wood used to ( 6mm ply left out side on one of my project sites for 9 months....wonderful what nature will do!)

See you in the morning, sleep well,

Trev.

post-4282-0-67468900-1375909148.jpg

post-4282-0-20694100-1375909174.jpg

• Like 9

Well holy smeg. I'm first of the day. :sungum:  Where is everyone?

Off for the great low land twissup. Eurostar + Thalys. Catch up on Tues. Have a great week and weekend everybody.

All together now...... we're all going on a summer holiday.............

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry, clear sky, 13oC and should be another nice day although there is a chance of some rain.

Enjoy your break away from the b b b of B Andrew.

When dropping off Chris at work my parting comment was "Today I will mostly be doing no gardening whatsoever in any shape or form!" 

Have a good one, 

Bob.

• Like 3

Morning All,

Wheel re-inventors.  We've got a few of those!  Plus the "Why do something simple, when you can make it as complicated as possible" brigade.

The weather is somewhat grey today.  Summer is apparently taking a break according to the radio.  The upshot is that the temperature is a lot more bearable.  Although the office is rather sticky and airless.  Windows are currently open, and a fan is in operation.

Have a good day everyone...

Good Morning all,  was around earlier (was up just after 5:00)  but thought just 'cause I was up there was need need to wake the rest!  

Off shortly  to supervise the off loading of four containers that have be stuck in the docks for months.....just hope that they've not lost anything...! 

Try and be good today, and dont overdo what ever you're up to, 

Trev.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny, clear blue sky, and pleasantly warm here.

We had quite a long walk yesterday near Hadleigh Castle. Robbie celebrated by having a good roll around in one of the fields that had recently been occupied by cattle. 

Tony

Robbie celebrated by having a good roll around in one of the fields that had recently been occupied by cattle. 

Pleasant drive home, then?

• RMweb Gold

A nice sunny morning here in Surrey.

Apart from a large railway staff and police presence catching people without tickets (good if they are trying to evade paying) not much to report on the trains so far.

A DBS class 59 in te head shunt with aggregate train at Purley.

A little bit of Purley station showing the GRP canopy valence that replaced the timber one a few years ago.

post-1557-0-40696900-1375943779_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

When dropping off Chris at work my parting comment was "Today I will mostly be doing no gardening whatsoever in any shape or form!" 

There goes a brave man.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's a nice looking morning out there (so far).

The OGF and our daughter, the UnterGrumpenFuhrer, have declared their wish to go to IKEA in Walsall this morning.

I have politely declined the offer to accompany them, as i have some plaster work that needs repairing in the conservatory, and I'd prefer to sit there watching the filler harden off.

In truth I'll be busy re-felting the roof of the garden store shed.

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning, a bit dull here on Fraggle Rock, but crystal clear - we could see the wind farm at Walney Island on our way to work.

Juvenile Magistrates Court today, with the bottom of our particular barrel of young people.  One who should know better, two young persons a touch on the arrogant side who are about to get the biggest shock of their young lives, and two who really just need our help but won't accept it until a Court makes them.....we never give up on them though.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

morning from a sunny Leeds.

Sound chip fitting today once I have been to dc kits and collected them...

Have a great day everyone...

They'll be by Legomanbiffo then - he's good! My Peak chip (V4 ESU) re-blown by him is very lifelike.  Unlike Bachmann's, which, well, didn't reflect what the loco was actually doing!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

A nice sunny, but foggy near home due to a drop in temperature overnight, morning.

I noticed this village sign on my journey home last week, this morning I passed through again, so I stopped and grabbed a photo

post-6662-0-05177900-1375947725_thumb.jpg

Have a good day all.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

They'll be by Legomanbiffo then - he's good! My Peak chip (V4 ESU) re-blown by him is very lifelike.  Unlike Bachmann's, which, well, didn't reflect what the loco was actually doing!

Yep a Peak, an 08 and a English Electtic type 3 about to be fitted (not all for me I hasten to add)

• Like 2