The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

still no Don Bradley - hopefully he will be back soon.

Blue skies, wispy clouds, gentle breeze.....

plasterers here and doing dry lining in the old bathroom, tilers later then tomorrow........

Emptying boxes and sorting out railway rubbish ... have a great day!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is a bit cooler than it has been recently here. Overcast and breezy. I'm not sure if the clouds will blow away or more will be blown in.

I suspect we will head out to somewhere of interest for our visitors today. Other excitements include successful deployment of binbags and drinking of tea.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Cool, and we had a minor shower overnight. Managed some hedge-trimming yesterday, which is a start, as there is a lot to do really! Much of it is hazel, which cuts easily and grows like weed.

Jon the builder has cancelled for this week. His MiL (69) has had a stroke - already had heart surgery, is well overweight, always grumpy. The slight complication is that she lives in Prague. Jon's wife Renata will be travelling there soon, I think.

All I can recall about Saumur is that there is a very wide river in the middle of town, and along the south bank for miles to the east are the vineyards where this very affordable lemonade is made! Deb and I got through a bottle most evenings.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dull morning so far.

The Sizewell flasks are running today, first time for 7 weeks - currently they are 4 hours late - oops.

An interesting outpatients visit yesterday - two hardware failures meant my 15 minutes of investigation was spread over 90 minutes, a fire alarm on the first floor and then some daft went out through another fire exit and set off the alarms on the ground floor -cough,  that would be Jill and I (not our fault, we were directed to follow the fire exit signs, so we did, literally).

Have a good day all.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

having a lovely lie in today after a few days of getting up early for work

its our youngest's 4th birthday today and he's lay in bed snoring away, even the whispered promise of presents to open can't stir him as he had a late night as he was too excited to sleep!

also our 9th wedding anniversary today, thankfully i had a bit of time in cardiff yesterday after i finished my training to get my wife a nice gift from "pandora", i forgot last years anniversary so thought i'd better make up for it!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

a bit of 'high cloud' but no promise of rain so I understand washing targets for bed linen are being revised as I write.  Mrs Stationmaster had an enjoyable day meeting fellow online quizteam members yesterday, they had chosen the British Museum as their venue.  I wonder where an ERs' meeting would take place (apart from a model railway exhibition that is) - possibly watching the Sizewell 'coal' or near the gates of a well known Berkshire refuse tip, or maybe on a golf course - the dogs would probably enjoy that, or in Modelzone's last remaining branch, or even on a day out to a 'heritage' railway?  You could almost start a sub-thread on this one (not a hint).

Anyway have a nice day one & all.

• Like 3

We have a problem, Houston.  Whilst working away on ET, I heard this unusual noise.  Once was OK, but then it continued.  Came downstairs to find a visitor...

I guess we just sit tight and it will move on, but quite a surprise...

post-6950-0-82615300-1375869874_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

a bit of 'high cloud' but no promise of rain so I understand washing targets for bed linen are being revised as I write.  Mrs Stationmaster had an enjoyable day meeting fellow online quizteam members yesterday, they had chosen the British Museum as their venue.  I wonder where an ERs' meeting would take place (apart from a model railway exhibition that is) - possibly watching the Sizewell 'coal' or near the gates of a well known Berkshire refuse tip, or maybe on a golf course - the dogs would probably enjoy that, or in Modelzone's last remaining branch, or even on a day out to a 'heritage' railway?  You could almost start a sub-thread on this one (not a hint).

Anyway have a nice day one & all.

Mike,

Since I am led to believe most ERs think of their stomachs and how best to line them most of the time, I suspect any quality eatery would be a good venue.

Perhaps we ought to have a poll?

The Obergrumpenfuhrer has just walked into the office, seen what site I am on and walked away muttering:

"It's not a poll you want, it's a cull!"

Time I left!

Regards

Richard

Edited by Happy Hippo

• RMweb Gold

Well what an idiot I am for listening to management!

Did a couple of hours gardening & wore knee pads as suggested - knee now throbbing! Also forgot to wear back support ( can I blame her for not reminding me or do I have to take responsibility for my own inaction? :scratchhead:) so my back is now telling me that yes - I am absolutely,definitely & unequivocally without any doubt whatsoever an idiot! :banghead:

Where's the Ibuprofen? (for starters)

• RMweb Gold

Been out and photographed the Sizewell - where were you all ?

The driver liked to make a noise with his 37 + 20, moving as quickly as permitted to clear the line for the passengers.

Nice to see the inbound service in Saxmundham station - normally I can't get it there as I'm supposed to be in work ! - a lot of unhappy passengers around though, the line is only single between Sax. and Woodbridge (12 miles) so there are knock on delays now, and the next Ipswich - Lowestoft has been cancelled, that should go down well, a 2 hour gap in services.

Nipping over the the road bridge in 10 minutes - to get the East Midlands 156 again.

Have a good afternoon all.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon,late today but that is due to reading a good novel into the early hours, noticed that this year we seem to have more butterflies than ever before which has surprised me due to the weather we endured a couple of months back. Decided I'm going to paint the shed or the railway sanctuary as its called, needless to say other half has to be consulted on colour/s. Oh well anything for a peaceful life!

Enjoy whats left of the day

• RMweb Premium

'Morning'. hmm.

Work is absolutely crazy today, there are a couple of people playing catch up after letting some stuff slip, but it all has to pass via (note not through, DD!) myself so I am inundated with paperwork.  If only people would use the IT system properly.....there'd be more trees around for sure, never mind the improvement in my blood pressure.  Unfortunately I only have partial influence over the worst perpetrator as he's a copper.  The Sergeant is on the case now though, so we may see some improvement after my 'suggestions'!!!! :mail:  :butcher:

• RMweb Gold

Morning(ish) all.

Just back from a walk and (as Shedman found) there were bees and butterflies too numerous to count.

Fantastic sight and what a change from this time last year.

Morning all

All I can recall about Saumur is that there is a very wide river in the middle of town, and along the south bank for miles to the east are the vineyards where this very affordable lemonade is made! Deb and I got through a bottle most evenings.

They're still making it and we enjoyed some during our short river trip this afternoon. This morning we had a most informative tour of the chateau, thanks to an enthusiastic guide who spoke excellent English.

DD: Haven't found the tank museum yet but that could be because I haven't been looking!!

• RMweb Premium

New loft bedroom railway room conversion almost done ( thank goodness). Nice size and plenty of light

post-7650-0-80685700-1375893600_thumb.jpg

but - luxury!  a little workspace with banisters!!

post-7650-0-89488800-1375893658_thumb.jpg

once I have cleared the holidays its time to paint and decorate - then  time to move in!!

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

They're still making it and we enjoyed some during our short river trip this afternoon. This morning we had a most informative tour of the chateau, thanks to an enthusiastic guide who spoke excellent English.

DD: Haven't found the tank museum yet but that could be because I haven't been looking!!

Ashers

Instead of the Tank museum, try  Musee de Blindes: 1043 Route de Fontevraud, 49400 Saumur.

I think you will find that this is the same place.

I have spent a rather warm afternoon cutting out drawings and articles of interest from Railway Modellers dating back as far as the 1970s.

Now I'll have to try and file them in some semblance of order!!

Regards

Richard