The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Birthday celebrations here at Collie Towers: my youngest has reached the big 10!

Pictured this morning on our 'walkies': he`s on the left........although the other two think he`s still a tiddler, as they`re the real old`uns at 12 and 14!

• Like 15

Survived my hospital visit this morning. They found a few unexpected polyps which have been snipped and shipped for testing. I will say the preparation is far worse than the procedure. I seem to have inherited my dad's slippery veins. I've got 4 bruises and missed holes on my hand and elbow to prove it.

Hope everything goes well for Don. Feet problems are a b*gger to deal with.

To everyone else. Enjoy what's left of your day.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Sympathies on the slippery veins, Andrew.

Had an army medic try to get a cannula in to the back of my hand once. Well, I say "once". He turned my hand  in to a tea bag before he got a line in. 

Can't say I miss my role as a military "lab rat"   :agree:   

Andy

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Survived my hospital visit this morning. They found a few unexpected polyps which have been snipped and shipped for testing. I will say the preparation is far worse than the procedure. I seem to have inherited my dad's slippery veins. I've got 4 bruises and missed holes on my hand and elbow to prove it.

Sounds like you need a beer or two!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi All.

First off, get well soon Don and time to spoil yourself Andrew.

A few of you seem to have expected it to get warmer during the day.  Not here it didn't - not in the wind anyway. Still brassy.

Enjoy the rest of the day and may we all keep healthy.... :training: :danced: :dancer: :laugh:  

I added the last smileys because laughing is supposed to be good for you and a sign of being creative.... well, some of us do have layouts to build, run...or dream of. :rofl:

Polly

• Like 1

I had that too, it's because having the most powerful trots known to man makes one dehydrated and the veins compress.

During the day after the procedure I notice the right hand side of my jaw was sore and the inside of my mouth. I rang the Dr.'s and his assistant told me that he took advantage of me being out by punching me in return for all the bad jokes about keeping his feet on the ground etc. The mouth was due my nose being blocked and they had to insert a breathing tube.

Well done! The prep is always far worse than the actual...

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

One wonders how many of the Mikes actually had a 'mike' in their tool boxes as well as the usual files screwdrivers and pliers?

Richard

I'm thinking of changing my name to Mike Stand.

Right now i've got a "audio-technica ATM29HE hypercardoid dynamic" sitting on my lap....

Best, Pete

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One wonders how many of the Mikes actually had a 'mike' in their tool boxes as well as the usual files screwdrivers and pliers?

I dont neeed one , I model 4mm 16.5 gauge . Peco track , no problem .    :locomotive:

• Like 4

Sympathies on the slippery veins, Andrew.

Had an army medic try to get a cannula in to the back of my hand once. Well, I say "once". He turned my hand  in to a tea bag before he got a line in. 

Can't say I miss my role as a military "lab rat"   :agree:   

Andy

OUCH!!!

Not quite so bad but bloody uncomfortable. The backs of both hands are bruised.

Ian: no beer for 24 hours. :-(

• RMweb Premium

Here's another good wish for Don - as was said above, feets are problematical sometimes, especially for diabetics with reduced circulation.  Look after them, folks.

Sorry to bang on about the Steamplex yesterday, but one of the Groudle lads has put a U Toob up - NHN driving, the owner supervising, Mrs NHN waving, and that's 1 in 33, hence the gear change (tee hee, gears on a steam loco) and 'stack talk'.  She later took another 4 of those coaches up together with the bogie utility vehicle (loaded with heavy traction batteries from the battery loco), with the owner thrashing....er driving that time!  The coal is still coming down!

Ok, I won't mention it again now.  For a while. Maybe.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Very late checking in today.

Hope all is well for Don.

The weather here is best described as 'variable'.

I am currently rendering our side lawn into bare earth prior to it's re incarnation as the outdoor railway room.

Sadly the grass is in such poor shape, I cannot use it as turf to fill in poor spots on the main lawn.

I'll refrain from asking Beast to clean my conservatory roof, knowing his penchant for trying to evacuate ladders and steps from altitude.

Regards

Richard

Might be of interest to hear what was actually used - screwdrivers (two different sizes - used on my own module for power connecting, the H&M Powermaster - honest - has quite large screws on the power terminals) and that was all I actually needed to get up & running on my self-contained area and for through module power;  then for other reasons for other folk - chisel blade on X-Acto handle, saw on X-Acto handle, Xuron rail cutters, pliers, wire strippers, glass fibre stick,  rail joiners, and a couple of spare short lengths of track for 'bridge making' between modules.  I also used Blu-Tak and masking tape to fix my removable backscene.

Being an economical sort of chap who doesn't - usually - like to waste things the track was Graham Farish Formoway and I bought the glass fibre stick from Bonds o'Euston Road when they were still in Euston Road; the track, rail joiners and Blu-Tak were recovered after use and back into the toolkit.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Here's another good wish for Don - as was said above, feets are problematical sometimes, especially for diabetics with reduced circulation.  Look after them, folks.

Sorry to bang on about the Steamplex yesterday, but one of the Groudle lads has put a U Toob up - NHN driving, the owner supervising, Mrs NHN waving, and that's 1 in 33, hence the gear change (tee hee, gears on a steam loco) and 'stack talk'.  She later took another 4 of those coaches up together with the bogie utility vehicle (loaded with heavy traction batteries from the battery loco), with the owner thrashing....er driving that time!  The coal is still coming down!

Hmm, rather nice - and reflecting further on that I realise that it is 51 years ago this year that I travelled down Groudle Glen by train!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

G'Morning All,

Dry & 6oC and should be sunny periods all day - we hope.

We've been suffering grandchildren withdrawal symptoms as they haven't been here for a week but that will be put right today after school so normal service noise, merriment & mayhem will resume.  GB Towers comes alive and is a much better place when they are here! :yes:  That's not to say that it's terrible when there's just me & "herself" here but there's no doubt that they liven things up!

Have a good day,

B.

• Like 3

Morning All,

Ouch on the slippery veins!  On one occasion when I was giving blood, I had a doctor who took three goes to get the needle in.  The first time she went straight through the vein and out the other side, leaving me with an impressive haematoma.  The second time she missed, but got lucky the third time!

The weather here is miserable again - grey and rather chilly.

Rather annoyingly, the Mini failed its TÜV yesterday - there was more rust than I expected, and its potentially structural.  I've seen far worse go through an MOT, but the German TÜV are quite stringent and the guy is only doing his job I suppose.  Apparently, the car will "never get another German TÜV".  Attitudes towards classic cars are very different here - unless it's a true "old timer" (greater than 30 years old) it's a banger. 

However, today's banger, is tomorrows classic!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Very sunny here so I suppose I should be able to cut the lawns today. The warm wet weather seems to have made everything in the garden grow a lot this week.

Matthew has to depart from his university accommodation today. He is going to stay in an airport hotel for a couple of days before he starts his return trip. Toronto will be the first place he visits.  He will be back in the UK at the end of May.

My good deed for the day was phoning Aditi in Birmingham to see if she had woken up. I knew she wouldn't want to miss breakfast.

Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Now that would a really good garden railway!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Hope good news about Don is afoot.

Around here the villages all have little signs which show either the coat of arms or something associated with the history - this one is from Pulham St Mary, I've passed it a couple of hundred times and kept meaning to stop and photograph it - finally managed that last night when the sun was perfect.

Further information on P.St.M

post-6662-0-63146900-1367306698.jpg

Lovely sunny morning down here.

Hope everyone has a good day

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Morning to you all bright and sunny here. Fingers crossed for Don. I suppose your dogs count as a happy band of OAP's Debs certainly they always look happy. Our Monty is of unknown age (ex stray) but this weekend was back on Exmoor where he used to run daily and has lost some pace over the last three years.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

I actually 'did a beast' and  took some photos on the way to work this morning. 

I like my new camera very much. (Mrs Bod wasn't as keen for some reason).

Hopefully it will help encourage me to get of my fat backside and out more. This is something that I really enjoy but, for some reason, has disappeared from my life over the last year or so.

• Like 4