The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

Didn't think I would get in first this morning. Having got to bed so late (early) :icon_lol:

Oh well - weather is a bit on the grey side this morning. I'm off to vote in a minute when the polling station opens at 8am.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

I just read how a man living about 70 kilometres from my town accidentally threw his family savings into a recycling bank. When he realized his error he first forcibly opened the wrong container before he remembered where he had dropped the money. The police then collected the money for him. However, he will have to replace the locks on both containers.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all.

I haven't done much this morning apart from drink tea. I'll take Robbie for a walk later after dropping Matthew at the station. He has decided to go to Games Workshop to play Warhammer today. He hasn't been for ages but some of his friends will be there. I did some railway modelling last night, digging holes for point motors out of the baseboard (easy when you use styrofoam baseboards).

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all. Having a boring Sunday. Paula wanted lots of jobs done but then proceeded to spend more than an hour and a half in B&Q faffing about... Going to get chuff all done at this rate...

B&Q hasn't always been the easiest of places to shop when accompanied. When Matthew was little he made more fuss about going round DIY places than going to the dentist. I think Mrs S always went in assuming she wasn't going to like anything they sold. I was in trying to buy a jigsaw once and had chosen one but my wife objected that it looked cheap and I should get the more expensive one, ie the Bosch version as it looked nicer.

We haven't even taken the dog out yet. I did take Matthew to the station but my wife is catching up after a week away and Robbie has had to wait for his walk until she has chatted to her sister and mother. My mother in law went to India (it is warmer than London at present!)last week. We didn't know where she was supposed to be today so we rang her mobile and had a chat. She is in her eighties but has become quite adept at putting local SIM cards in her phone.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

"I was in trying to buy a jigsaw"

Hope it had a picture of a pretty steam train.

Mrs Tony_S wanted one that looked nicer - so probably ended up with a cottage scene.

• RMweb Gold

Mrs Tony_S wanted one that looked nicer - so probably ended up with a cottage scene.

In fact Mrs S does like jigsaw puzzles and did buy one (a jigsaw map of New England)while we in the US but she isn't going to start it until she has finished her doctoral thesis, retired and had the gap year she always promised herself. I think she wants to go on one of those Great Glaciers of the World Tours. I'm hoping that she will be content with the Glacier Express by then, or perhaps just jigsaws of Swiss Chalets (her favourite sort of cottage!)

Tony

Morning all....smile.gif

Been up since 4.00am pottering around. Spent the last hour making bits and pieces on the kitchen table. I'll just be glad to get back to a normal nights sleep again...

An enjoyable weekend. Caught up with the lads at Alton show but got totally bogged down in the school playing field, which was being used as a car park. I guess no one gave a thought that boggy playing fields and cars don't mix, particularly those with wide, low profile tyres and 350hp to play with....angry.gif

Thankfully the Hampshire lads, a rope and a friendly 4 x 4 got us out in time for lunch at the pub. Then it was off to Eldavo's to witness the efforts of The World High Speed Modelling Champion.....Good grief, it all happens on Cramdin Yard...blink.gif

Morning all.

Another dreary week weatherwise.

I may buy a stab proof vest and move to South Africa.

I tried a new (to me) make of PVA yesterday.

This morning the work (grass in a graveyard) has opened up into fissures and will have to be done again.

It is for St Atement over Dew.

Never had this problem with Wilkinsons Craft Glue.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

quite cold outside at -4 and the forecast is predicting additional snow by about Wednesday. Will have to run some errands later on. Looking forward to see the forum move to the new server, having just read it is now fully set up :) .

Later ;) .

Morning All,

Quite chilly here, and Dominik said. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't get a little bit more snow before the end of the week. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I had a pretty good weekend, but there was rather a lot of rushing around involved - I don't think this week at work is going to be a lot different either!

I just read how a man living about 70 kilometres from my town accidentally threw his family savings into a recycling bank.

Bizarre - one has to ask how he managed to do that! At least he managed to get them back.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Plenty of oktas in evidence. Network connection from home to work playing up so in office at 8.15! Expect snow from green clouds.

I think I may have recycled the family savings... ...into models.

Cheers

Dave