The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

6 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I doubt therefore that opening a new or replacement ER's thread will make one iota of difference as ER's is the most frequently used thread and making the problems more common.

Yes it happens on other threads - it happens much more often in ERs. In my opinion. starting over would make a big difference, but not eliminate the issue.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

When I switched on my computer this afternoon I opened RMweb and it appeared normal  but I later discovered that instead of the page I closed on it opened at the top of the following page. It was only when I went to check on something that I spotted it. I have also noticed the same problems on other threads as here on ER's, not available, 504's etc. and all occur when opening a new page. I doubt therefore that opening a new or replacement ER's thread will make one iota of difference as ER's is the most frequently used thread and making the problems more common.

Basically, as has been said above, this particular CBB is currently running almost 14k pages.  Sure, we're enjoying a night (or morning) around the camp-fire (FN1), but we're probably running low on web-wood and there are many older threads from the Ur-Site which might be re-activated, albeit at a risk of diluting some of our own free-styled exchanges.

FN1 - Last time I enjoyed a morning round the camp-fire, some b45t4rd decided it would be fun to teach himself garotting, using my neck.  I was duly chastised for "fooling around near fire".  Life's like that).

• Friendly/supportive 7

...  I’m actually getting organised with paper being sorted, actioned where necessary, prepared for filing, shredded or just dumped in recycling. I must continue to capitalise on this, say he with more hope than expectation ...

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2024/10/13/postcards-from-home-2024-46/

Movingloco.jpg.b9a6b0c7ca1844c466cd616f2855fb79.jpg

Edited by Coombe Barton
Added Pic
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight everyone 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I went to do today's Wordl only to find it just showing a blank page. I cleared down the cache and cookies to no avail. So I contacted the NY Times help desk and they suggested that I try another portal so I tried Firefox and it worked. I've also had similar problems with some items on Facebook and it's cured those as well. I suspect it's because of a Windows update.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

4 hours ago, polybear said:

HOW MUCH??  😲  Nice, admittedly - but what's so special about it?

Somebody hasn't  been brushing up on their Australian citizenship trial quiz!

You know that bit in Mad Max:

17dc99bb-16c1-47c8-b23b-7f05b7ed6ab2_text.gif.800c686d6e819d122b8a6c445cd237e0.gif

Its like that!

AS a swansong to ending Australian production, Holden Special Vehicles  made 275 sedan versions of the GTSR W1, but only 4 utes. It has  a super-charged version of the 6.2L V8 used in the Corvette ZR1 putting out 635BHP so you can help your mates move house really quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, polybear said:

image.png.50e87336cbf70b923c8a764edf557caa.png

My wife arrived in this country as a small child (actually on her 6th birthday) not speaking any English. She has managed quite well, and has helped educate quite a few  other people. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1