The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

My dad served in Burma during the war and was at the siege of Imphal. Alongside his unit was a group of Gurkhas. Every evening they would set off for the Japanese lines and return in the morning with a few 'souvenirs'.

Shouldn't that be Souvenears. 

Jamie

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Spent an hour looking for the unobtainium part for my bike build I had, er, misplaced some time ago. Or possibly binned.  Or used on a similar bike we have.  Looked in all the obvious places and a few likely guesses.  Nada.

Sat in my workbench seat and eyes landed on a G scale wagon on the shelf of shame above it.  With all sorts of crepe odds and ends in it.

snoop2.JPG.9c3f18e3c4924c3cb720d9841b963c07.JPG

Yessssss!!!

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Gold

It has stayed dull all day with bits and pieces of rain now and then.

Various things were added to the bin before the bin men arrived, another small victory in the process of getting rid of things I dont want/need.  I got a lot more done in the garage, soon the shelves where some plants overwinter will be ready for them.  I still need to have a good sort out of screws and other bits of ironmongery and decide which might actually be of use.  The rest will then go.

After lunch I decided it was time to plan my funeral, having bought a funeral plan at the start of the year I realised it is time it was done.  A set of notes are now in my file along with my will, deeds for the grave and financial documents.  I will take a copy to the funeral directors in the next few days, it is in town so only a few minutes away.

Then I went in the garden as it dried up for a while and did some tidying.  There are still enough sweet peas to pick to fill a vase but most other plants are going over quickly.  The greenhouse plants are not enjoying the damp and cold.

Unusually I watched some TV this morning -  Eisenbahn Romantik, about preserved things around Klagenfurt by the Wörthersee in Austria.  It was on German TV, which I shall watch again later on as there is a music programme I enjoy.

David

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Evenin' awl,

It's mainly been dry and we've had our share of sun today - but we weren't neglected by the rain gods. I had just finished laying some blocks for the new boundary wall when we had a wee bit of a shower... Fortunately I had some sheeting to hand so it didn't get wet. My neighbour said according to his phone there was a 0% chance of precipitation. A few eyes were rolled at that moment. 

Email received from the lawyers - they've taken three weeks to decide what I sent was no use - and would I please try something else. Pah... and other words .... 

However, a phone call from the glazier, they have a gap in their schedule and can do some work on replacement windows tomorrow instead of a few weeks time... go for it chaps. While it feels a bit like autumn now, it would feel even more like it at the other end of the month! 

Speaking of temperatures, it appears the Middle East is hotting up. Big missile attack going on. Not surprising but still unwelcome news. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, The White Rabbit said:

Speaking of temperatures, it appears the Middle East is hotting up. Big missile attack going on. Not surprising but still unwelcome news. 

Now the sh1t really will hit the fan.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1