The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Well there certainly are indexing issues.

I have been bedevilled this evening by the other bête noir - people updating posts from months ago (usually exhibition announcements) that then screw up the unread posts listing

image.png.b22dde1f5b8624952b385b57faebf2b8.pngNote how it thinks the update is in the past hour but then places it after a post 3 hours ago.

I was completely unable to get past this.  My usual tactics of opening this post and the post before changed nothing.  Nor did updating the page several times.

So I opened up a parallel session and got past the 3 hour blockage only to be confronted by

image.png.8bfaeb919df378c86b72d7bdbcc386b8.pngimage.png.346471f126993fd86f66de45c1a040fb.png

Now blocked by the same thread but at 4 hours.

I have raised this with Mr York but it seems nothing can be done.  

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

This morning was spent altering the corridor conditions that I’ve already made, as they had become just a little bit too long, making it very difficult to couple 2 coaches together. The reason for this is the addition of the black tissue paper to the top of the unit, when it’s folded up, it’s increased the closed thickness enough to become a problem. The fix is relatively easy, all I need to do is to remove one end, the cut one fold section off each side, then re-attach the end piece. I’m about halfway through the ones I’ve already finished and the new ones I made yesterday, are made to the new size. This modification, is much easier to do on pre-built units that the previous modification I’d made.

Well, Max did turn up today, so we spent the afternoon in the workshop. He started a new model, an Aston Martin DB5, another of the kits that Mike left behind when he moved out. Mike had started this one, but he’d not done much to it, so I said to Max, there you go, let’s see how much you remember. He didn’t do too badly, but he did make a mistake very early on, but this was easily remedied. I’d not been back home long after dropping Max home, when it started to rain, it’s been raining ever since! 

Just before Max got here, Royal Mail delivered my package, so I was able to open it and check the contents, before he arrived. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight everyone 

• Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold

We went to Enfield to see Aditi’s Mum today. No traffic problems today. After lunch I fixed a protective cover over a 13amp fused switch. It isolates the boiler but “someone” has been turning it off recently.  MiL insists it isn’t her doing it. Aditi’s brother visited her yesterday and he asked if I could have a look at the blind in a Velux window. There are repair options shown in YouTube but this is beyond repair. One operating cord is broken and the handle for operating the blind has been torn off. I  think someone had tried to shut the window by pulling  on the blind. I don’t think it is MiL , she couldn’t reach it.  

• Friendly/supportive 2