The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Homemade egg mayo without additives & enhancers or commercial chemical concoction? Decisions, decisions….

I know that marmalade isn't really the healthiest of foods but today I made 6ib of it using pulped Seville oranges, sugar and water. The label on a commercial equivalent has at least six other ingredients and has nearly 50% more sugar.

Dave

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

know that marmalade isn't really the healthiest of foods

Paddington Bear seems to be quite healthy though.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Today has ended up being quite busy, not as I thought this morning.  

First I reorganised my Covid jab as I had a text from my surgery offering me an appointment a few days later but at a more convenient time in the early evening of Tuesday 8th.  Cancelling the other one was easy online.

I rang the dentist about a filling which I lost an piece of yesterday evening (while eating a chocolate digestive).  I now have an appointment next Monday, fortunately it doesn't hurt.  I think it had been damaged for some time and then gave way.

Next the garage rang to say my car was ready, the only problem was that the 12V battery was not well charged - probably because I've not driven far for a while.  They have charged it up and told me to get out more!  I took their courtesy car back and then visited the shops.  It became expensive visiting M&S and Hobbycraft but I did use a discount voucher.  I also went to Currys and ended up with a new camera, really to replace my old Ixus but also to use instead of my Nikon when I go for longer walks as carrying the dSLR and a couple of lenses is getting too heavy.

I managed to use four different routes on my trips to the garage which has refreshed my "route knowledge", useful as two of the routes have had changes.

David

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I used to walk three quarters of a mile to infants school with my elder brother, but that was over 70 years ago. We hardly ever saw a car and several of my classmates did the same. An interesting fact, the school run in London has dropped considerably since the introduction of ULEZ.