The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

54 minutes ago, TheQ said:

I believe I'm on the list too,

Oh to be in England now summer is here..

PSX_20240712_213101.jpg.e730789263fc0ed37910b450c1429e33.jpg

Yep we're under that lot,

Cold wet drizzly and the MRC heating came on..

When I came out it was chuckinitdarn.

Museum went well, lots of visitors, people had to move cars to let others out.. but that's partly because the scaffolders arrived this morning and half the volunteers car park is now occupied by steel tubing.

Made great progress on the latest diorama, some fencing done, the earth pile over the underground bunker was polyfilla'd in. And the road system roughed out in gray paint.

At the MRC more good progress, much plasticard sacrificed to the cause. I'll need to order some more..

Muggachoccy gone goodnight Awl. From 6 sheds and 2 double garage.

Don't brag it's very unseemly. I'm under the bit to the left or is that west I can never remember.

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well, apart from my 2 shopping trips, I’ve done absolutely bu99erall today. However, despite that, I’ve quite enjoyed myself, to keep from getting bored, I’ve done some reading and some research, as well as going over the layout plans. So I suppose, it’s not exactly bu99erall really. Rain did appear this afternoon, but as I had no intention of leaving the house again, it didn’t really matter. 

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Usually it's birds. Don't forget low flow showers and toilets - but we now understand why he had so much trouble with flushing toilets and confidential documents.

"The late great  Hannibal Lector - He's a wonderful man!"

Of course its the stuff that he DOESNT say that should scare the pants off of  everyone. (Project 2025 etc.......)

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Thanks 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. No rain around here, in fact before sunset the sun was shining. I ordered an item that runs on two parallel strips of metal when electrickery is applied a few days ago. This afternoon I received an E-mail that a different one that I had on pre-order had just arrived please pay. My wallet is now in intensive care until the end of the month.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12

5 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

iD (who has both AND an underground workshop

Not to put too much of a damper on your glee but for how much longer shall you be able to gloat?

Will the new Schloss Dottore even have a shed?

• Like 7
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning g from the land of nearly free outbuildings. At least that's how the market works over here. Land and whare are known as dependencies add very little to the sale price of a house. Just the location and area of the house. 

A nice meal out with 3 sets of friends was had last night.  This morning g we will soon be talking g to a very busy 5 Yr old and her mums.   Some grass cutting and hen house cleaning after that.  The weather is quite nice, sunny and in the mid 20's.

Jamie

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

We don't have a shed but we do have a 1.75 sized garage....which has furniture and 2 layouts stored in it.. and still pace for the Beast.

Railway rooms are in the loft conversion..fully carpeted and with an en suite.  Baz is a lucky boy!

Herself is off for some pre wedding beauty work..no comment(!).

Had an interesting chat with the Pharmacist last night (medication review). I now need to cut out bananas from my diet and eat less salt (I never use added salt on food or while cooking). He is writing to my consultant (good luck with that!) As there is no written record to say I can stop taking blood thinners (apparently while a verbal contract is legal in the UK it isn't OK for the NHS.)  I wished him good luck for that!

I feel the need for a bacon butty so TTFN!

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Nighty night from 400 sq metres of shed plus Clucking ham Palace, 70 sm of woodshed that the barn owls currently inhabit and the pool shed.  Oh the big shed also acts as a garage, paint store and muddling and railway room. 

Does that keep my place on the list. 

Jamie

I reckon that trumps an Underground Bomb Shelter.  Your place on The List is safe.

9 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Now who on earth could that be my dear Bear. 

P.s do you do discount for a fellow ER'er? Asking for a friend.

Depends on what the fellow ER'er muddles.........

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

We don't have a shed but we do have a 1.75 sized garage....which has furniture and 2 layouts stored in it.. and still pace for the Beast.

Railway rooms are in the loft conversion..fully carpeted and with an en suite.  Baz is a lucky boy!

You've got a big Garage AND a Loft Conversion??  Welcome to The List.....

12 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Had an interesting chat with the Pharmacist last night (medication review). I now need to cut out bananas from my diet and eat less salt 

I feel the need for a bacon butty so TTFN!

Er, isn't that a FAIL?

• Like 4
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Bear here....

Today is WooFlu Test #3 (I'll use a squeaky new test strip this time); assuming that's negative then Bear is all set up for Party Time later - Jelly n' Ice Cream here we come......😁

Apart from that?  Well I have a parcel to pack - only one bid 😒 but at least it's sold (the chances of Bear ever using the bits was diddlysquat) so I reckon that's a Tick.

The muddlin' project is still "ongoing" - as to whether or not I'll get a chance to do any more today is slim, however.

Oh yes, and Postie Pat (or maybe Patricia) is down to deliver something that runs on metal strips today - hopefully without damage.  I did warn the seller (a business) - and also paid extra for 24 hour tracked so I reckon I did my bit.

ION.....

Good - I never did understand how it even got that far in the first place:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx8290qn0n5o

Time to wriggle....

BG

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, PupCam said:

Now @polybear you've got some space in the shed how about a purchase  or two?

Wouldn't one of those be nice!

Yes.....but one of these would be nicer.....

image.png.18e0a9a771d5dba65c49ae47d09a9f9e.png

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I've a shed and a garage and STILL not enough room...

Apart from that, I've been good and haven't bought any parallel strips of metal related items for the past month.

I feel GREAT!!! 🤪

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

There is never enough room, stuff has an amazing ability to expand.

Mooring Awl,

3 hours sleep woke with cramp, just above the right ankle at 45 degrees facing outwards. Very painful when I tried to stand the other ankle joined in. 

A good twenty minutes before I could risk going down the stairs, got some painkillers...

2 hours sleep, woke with cramp in the same place but just the left ankle.

1.5 hours sleep.

But hints of cramp in other parts of legs..

I suspect I'll not be doing much on my feet today.

Pill taken, big pot of chilli, now dropping to a simmer, actually it's a left overs chilli, chopped up cabbage and carrots, that needed using. Red  beans ( boiled and drained first), onions , and lots of bits of pork, from an uncooked joint that was chopped up for other purposes. Finally a pile of seasoning.

This above was prepared during pill waiting time.

Breakfast has been had.

Outside is evidence of the extreme soggyness overnight, though for the moment it's not being added to.

Just been told SWMBO is expecting to hold a weavers meeting in the mobile home, date not yet set.

This means the new to me unit of unmentionable will need to be put away, so that means i have an excuse to go down and fit various items to help it fold.

Time to check the simmer and give it a stir..

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Morning All,

A bit of a disturbed night due to both Lucy and Schotty having diarrhoea - probably due to them sploshing in the local river and drinking the water. Still, all now well.

With nothing better to do last night, Mrs iD and and I watched the women's footie in the home cinema (England vs Ireland). It was a revelation! Dynamic, exciting football, fast-paced, skilful, without prima-donna hystrionics, concluding not with the usual penalty shootout, but with a clean win after 94 minutes of play (90 minutes plus 4 for various reasons). And boy are they tough and resilient: collisions that would leave a male football player writhing on the ground in dramatic and hysterical "agony", they just shrug off.

If there's anything that would make me watch anything more football related than the occasional European cup or World Cup final, it would be the women's football

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Apart from that, I've been good and haven't bought any parallel strips of metal related items for the past month.

I feel GREAT!!! 🤪

It'll wear off and then the craving will hit with a vengeance. Be strong oh hairy one.

• Like 9
  • Agree 3

Debating starting a layout thread. You have been warned. But not until I have the time and Typoman is on holiday.

Ducks, as awl wings its way past the left ear. Bit close that one, her aim's getting better.

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I feel GREAT!!! 🤪

The withdrawal symptoms haven't kicked in yet.😁

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Morning All,

A bit of a disturbed night due to both Lucy and Schotty having diarrhoea - probably due to them sploshing in the local river and drinking the water. Still, all now well.

With nothing better to do last night, Mrs iD and and I watched the women's footie in the home cinema (England vs Ireland). It was a revelation! Dynamic, exciting football, fast-paced, skilful, without prima-donna hystrionics, concluding not with the usual penalty shootout, but with a clean win after 94 minutes of play (90 minutes plus 4 for various reasons). And boy are they tough and resilient: collisions that would leave a male football player writhing on the ground in dramatic and hysterical "agony", they just shrug off.

If there's anything that would make me watch anything more football related than the occasional European cup or World Cup final, it would be the women's football

That match was poor in comparison to previous games. It should have been 5 - 0 had they finished the moves they started.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Had an interesting chat with the Pharmacist last night (medication review). I now need to cut out bananas from my diet and eat less salt (I never use added salt on food or while cooking).

If your diabetic banana's area no-no. They contain more sugar than a (pre-shrinkflation) Mars bar.

• Informative/Useful 9

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Debating starting a layout thread. You have been warned. But not until I have the time and Typoman is on holiday.

Ducks, as awl wings its way past the left ear. Bit close that one, her aim's getting better.

She has been practicing  ,(in between sharpening awls)..

@polybear it's not just bananas but you need to avoid ice cream and nuts... just saying..

Nice to be on the list..  mine is in a black bound book and contains one or two Cricketers who you need to avoid (among others).

Bacon sandwich was excellent.. Will eat an apple to counter any potassium taken in from it..

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Spellung
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A good night last night, 4+2.5 hours sleep in all without any call outs from bladder control. I,ll be tuning into Yesterday channel at ten, a program about things that run on parallel metals, best of all NO FOOTBALL.

• Like 12