The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The branding of the Mustang Mach-e was not warmly received by automotive fans. (Nothing wrong with the car, I think it's very similar to the Jaguar e-Pace, just the branding. The V8 Mustang GT still lives.

They had one of those here for the police at TT week last year to test,  it did two thirds of a shift and then had a bat flattery or something, and took another whole shift to charge.  Police answer?  No thanks....we'd need to replace two for one, and we don't have the charging points or the money.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 10
  • Round of applause 1

53 minutes ago, PupCam said:

Perhaps I should look for a replacement?  If I find one I guarantee it won't last 50 years.  They don't make rubber goods like they used to ....

Said the bishop to the actress…

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold

I went down to the beach and had a walk along the promenade as usual.  There was a group of adult volunteer litter pickers, a group of young children litter pickers and a large group of older school pupils on some sort of field trip.  They all looked cold and were well wrapped up.

There were a few people out for a walk, again all wearing warm clothing, even the dogs seemed to be trying to keep out of the fresh north easterly wind.  The sea and sky were grey.  To be honest I almost wondered why I'd bothered but the walk did at least get me moving a bit.  A few photos below to make most of you glad you live inland!

The forecast here for tomorrow is rain all day once again, I think I'll probably stay at home.

The neck continues to be sore, it is OK if I get in the right position until I have to move.  Paracetamol is now being used.

During the day I sorted out a few photos, read a bit, saw the end of the test match and watched bits of the Tour de France between dozing off. 

s20240712_094941.jpg.7ef3327d51784b075ae6adf5a97afa2d.jpg

Looking south in July The non working lighthouse in the distance is currently covered in scaffolding and sheeting while it is repainted.  The island and the lighthouse are therefore closed to the public for the summer holidays - well done North Tyneside council.  Northumberland Council is not quite as bad.

s20240712_095002.jpg.0c026eb28f936ccaaf41abfc3c4cc28f.jpg

Looking north in July

s20240712_095146.jpg.7624a556596a788aa52ef2642532d5ed.jpg

A cold looking beach and sea

David

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

POETS, OK let's do that.

Yesterday was a non-event, even the Presidential Gaffe show was as expected, I fear for the future. 😒

Today, took Whitney for a short walk "sooner than later" as the heat and air quality are expected to be carp much of the day/weekend.

Nothing more heard from brother/family, not unusual, even though I expected given the circumstances, somewhat more communication was expected, oh well...

Weekend will generally be quiet with much time in the cooler inside with a/c as the temps are heading above 33c both air with unpleasant air quality.

We're hosting a happy hour tomorrow, fortunately we have a porch area that is connected to the house and can benefit from the a/c for some cooling in case folks don't want to sit outside sweltering!

Whitney due to be picked up tomorrow also as Jemma returns from Munich.

Sunny and already uncomfortable first thing at 20c, 29c the high today, heading for 33-35c range for the weekend. Zero rain forecast before Monday at the earliest.

Tally ho.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, DaveF said:

The forecast here for tomorrow is rain all day once again, I think I'll probably stay at home.

We will be off your bit of coast on Monday. I don’t think we will be bringing sunshine. Can you see cruise ships heading north (Southampton to Invergordon )?

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

We will be off your bit of coast on Monday. I don’t think we will be bringing sunshine. Can you see cruise ships heading north (Southampton to Invergordon )?

Sometimes, depending a bit on what other ships are around.  I'll keep my eyes open.

David

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh good - a bid on one of Bear's other items on the 'bay; I'll not get rich but it'll be a bit more room (nottalot) in the shed**....

BG

**Did Bear mention he's gottashed?

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, polybear said:

Did Bear mention he's gottashed?

Put it eBay, you could then buy a  summerhouse.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Put it eBay, you could then buy a  summerhouse.

Maybe there's a shedless person that would like to do a deal on it......

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Just watched the highlights of the test match, England won by an innings and 114 runs. I hope the other England emulates them on Sunday (if not necessarily by 114 goals).

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Just watched the highlights of the test match, England won by an innings and 114 runs. I hope the other England emulates them on Sunday (if not necessarily by 114 goals).

Perhaps they'd do well to be watching "Another Team" currently playing on the moving picture box for a few pointers on how to do it.....

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, polybear said:

I'm guessing the postage could be  a bit steep.    When you say shed, don't you mean more of a brick outhouse ..... ?

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, PupCam said:

I'm guessing the postage could be  a bit steep.    When you say shed, don't you mean more of a brick outhouse ..... ?

Precast Concrete Slabs, to be precise.  And strictly "buyer collects (and dismantles)".....

**It's actually 1.5 sheds - a neighbour wanted rid of theirs so Bear disassembled it, moved it a couple of hundred yards (using a sack barrow....) and then extended the Beary Shed using some of the panels - after first emptying & disassembling the existing shed & moving it 2" on the existing base so it'd all fit.  Oh yes, and this is all after the concrete base was extended first......

Just a morning's work for a Bear.....

Edited by polybear
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Just read some of the comments on the BBC article.

IIRC I went in one of their stores many years ago and the charge for fitting was to be by a separate transaction payable to the fitters - I think this was to absolve CR of any liability if the fitters screwed up.  No, they didn't get my Deltics....

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

1 hour ago, polybear said:

**Did Bear mention he's gottashed?

Yes!

AND the tragic absence of a GARAGE.

Mustn't forget that!

iD (who has both AND an underground workshop 😁)

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Yes!

AND the tragic absence of a GARAGE.

Mustn't forget that!

iD (who has both AND an underground workshop 😁)

Did I mention Bear's List?  Oh, you're already on it.  Lots of times.

• Like 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

I believe I'm on the list too,

Oh to be in England now summer is here..

PSX_20240712_213101.jpg.e730789263fc0ed37910b450c1429e33.jpg

Yep we're under that lot,

Cold wet drizzly and the MRC heating came on..

When I came out it was chuckinitdarn.

Museum went well, lots of visitors, people had to move cars to let others out.. but that's partly because the scaffolders arrived this morning and half the volunteers car park is now occupied by steel tubing.

Made great progress on the latest diorama, some fencing done, the earth pile over the underground bunker was polyfilla'd in. And the road system roughed out in gray paint.

At the MRC more good progress, much plasticard sacrificed to the cause. I'll need to order some more..

Muggachoccy gone goodnight Awl. From 6 sheds and 2 double garage.

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Nighty night from 400 sq metres of shed plus Clucking ham Palace, 70 sm of woodshed that the barn owls currently inhabit and the pool shed.  Oh the big shed also acts as a garage, paint store and muddling and railway room. 

Does that keep my place on the list. 

Jamie

• Like 14
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I've just looked the weather forecast for Northumberland.  It should start raining tomorrow at about 5a.m. and stop on Sunday about 7p.m.   Some of it should be light rain according to the Met Office.

I haven't got a shed but I do have a garage and a greenhouse.  Does the greenhouse count as a transparent shed even though it only has plants and garden stuff in it?

David

• Like 14

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I hope the other England emulates them on Sunday (if not necessarily by 114 goals).

Collingwood V Geelong last night, Geelong scored 3 goals in the first 1 minute 40 seconds.

It took over 90 minutes to get 3 scoring shots in the soccer - more practice needed!

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, DaveF said:

haven't got a shed but I do have a garage and a greenhouse.  Does the greenhouse count as a transparent shed even though it only has plants and garden stuff in it?

I think Aditi would like a greenhouse but we never really planned for one and I don’t think one will be arriving now. We do have a rather pretty compost bin that looks like a beehive. The bin Is painted with Purple Pansy Cuprinol. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Now who on earth could that be my dear Bear. 

P.s do you do discount for a fellow ER'er? Asking for a friend.

• Like 9