The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

6 hours ago, TheQ said:

Stupid o'clock.

That race is on a repeat Countryfile again..

I expect you can haul it up on iPlayer too...

5 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I hope that is not asbestos? Mum and Dad have an asbestos layer under the linoleum*. It has wall-to-wall carpet over it in the hall. Their flooring needs to be redone entirely but the hazmat requirements make it very expensive. The bottom layer was laid down around 1961 if I'm not mistaken.

* Or similar. It might not specifically be "linoleum".

Asbestos was even incorporated in some brands of lino tiles too.  Unless they really do have to be lifted, they're best left in situ until after you've moved to another property, when they then become SEP.

I remember when the asbestos cement roof of my parents garage had to be replaced.  What a palava!

ION

Grey, cool, chance of rain later in the morning.

I don't feel dynamic, I may potter...

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Sunny and cool, just 11C with quite a bit of a breeze here in England’s northwest corner, where’s the summer gone? 

Up a bit earlier than usual as I’ve booked the car to have its wind screen wipers looked at. I suspect today will be diagnosing what the problem is, then it’ll be waiting for the part to come in. The garage is only round the corner, so a short 10 minute walk back, once I’ve dropped it off. Once back home I’m hoping to get the work done in the front garden done, that I couldn’t get done yesterday. Just a few weeds to pull up so it should all be done by dinner time. After dinner, the plan is to make a start cutting wood for the helix. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

A dry cool morning so far.  Asda have delivered the groceries, three subs but they were all things I order from time to time so not a problem, the books were out of stock, I don't really need them so again no problem.  It is as well I was OK with the subs as part of their IT system is down so the driver can't process returns.

I am not sure what to do today, it should stay dry but it might rain depending on which forecast I look at so am not sure whether to stay at home or go out.  I may compromise and just have a local walk..  The garden is too wet to do anything.

Sometime today I need to tidy a couple of drawers in the bedroom.

David

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Off to Masham.. a nice village with 2 Breweries, a nice cricket ground and excellent cricket teas.

Got an item to post to Fraggle Rock so timecto gerronwithit..

Baz

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

"Victim Surcharge £228"?

WTF?

10 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

The day trip to the Isles of Scilly was mostly good.  A taxi along to Lands End Airport and a comfortable if noisy flight aboard a Twin Otter to St. Mary's airport in good conditions suggested we would have at least a reasonable day ahead of us.  

Do BA still fly to the Scilly Isles using Wokkas?  They certainly used to.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I need to shop today otherwise its an enforced diet (which won't be a bad thing). Weather report says sunshine and showers for today and tomorrow but brightening up for Thursday. On Thursday one of our SEERS members has an open day for his garden layout (arranged long before the election was called). There is also another toy fair at Rayleigh on Sunday and I'll be celebrating my 76th circuit of the sun on that day as well. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, polybear said:

"Victim Surcharge £228"?

WTF? ...

I think that could be rather insulting, priced at that. I'd like to add a few noughts to the left of the decimal point. Can't pay? I'm sure we can think of various amusing and entertaining* ways of working off the debt. 

* For us, not for him. 

17 minutes ago, polybear said:

.... Do BA still fly to the Scilly Isles using Wokkas?  They certainly used to.

The last time I looked (a few months ago?) the main flights seemed to be those Twin Otters/Skybus STOLs out of Lands End, Newquay and Exeter. Penzance Helis run too but use Sikorsky S76s. 

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 5

I think I mentioned here the joys of Facebook 3D printer groups  and how the simplest question just blows up into name calling and outrage...?

Heres one from earlier today. Jeez, I spend  just 10 minutes on Facebook then I always feel like I  have to scrub the inside of my head out. 

Screenshot(401).png.f7edae889192b1ab4d7da96d931dca48.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

6 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Huh!  The Boss has just said "I'll have a cup of tea next time you make one."  I think that is a little bit more than just a request.  😉

Well, it IS about time for a cuppa!

• Like 3
  • Agree 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Yep and she's just cut my hair so not unreasonable.  Kettle is on.

ION 

Still no notification about parcel. The only reason I requested delivery to Post Office was that they offered next day free whereas I'd have to wait 3-5 days for home delivery. Pah!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Do BA still fly to the Scilly Isles using Wokkas?  They certainly used to.

No.  Only Skybus using mainly Twin Otters but also smaller aircraft on quieter trips and the mail run.  And the helicopters of course which are now a private fully-commercial concern and only for those with a spare O-gauge Deltic voucher.  Per person.  Each way.  

• Informative/Useful 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all

I was an ER, honest.  I have, in no particular order

Read paper and completed crossword. Even spotted the answer to the chess problem.

Had a bacon and black pudding sarnie. Most unusual but for some reason we had some that needed using up.

Fiitted new  light bar to fish tank.  Royal Mail emailed me* to say the parcel in which it came was due tomorrow but it arrived today.

Continued general tidying.  I’m pleased to say that all books are now in subject/author order back on the shelves rather on tables/chairs/floor.

Cleaned the downstairs outside rear windows after a passing flying elephant** crapped on one.

Right off for a cuppa, I won’t need any lunch after the breakfast sarnie, followed by more random tidying and sorting.

* why don’t they write and send it by Royal Mail?

** yes it was, don’t try telling me it was just a bird. 

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, BoD said:

Thoughts are with you and yours Q.

So sorry to learn this. Ben was definitely a  “good dog”. I remember when he came to live with you and how he settled in as part of your family. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Yep and she's just cut my hair so not unreasonable.  Kettle is on.

ION 

Still no notification about parcel. The only reason I requested delivery to Post Office was that they offered next day free whereas I'd have to wait 3-5 days for home delivery. Pah!

Post office might be a bit busy at the moment sh!t shovelling at the enquiry. If it's Royal Mail then they are running around like headless chickens trying to get rid of all the postal votes they couldn't be ar#ed to deliver.

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6