The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Managed to get on tonight before dinner, and had a good old look round and a catch up - may be absent now for a couple of days as 30747 has to take some very strong medication tomorrow, then I need to take her to the hospital on Thursday for some tests etc..

BoD - hope you're enjoying the Lakes - if you come down the M6, give us a wave as you pass J34, chez 45156/30747 is just a couple of miles from there. BTW, the wet above is the reason for the wet below, and I relish in telling Lake District visitors complaining about the weather that without this sort of weather there would't be a Lake District.

And on that front, yes it's raining again here and promises to be chucking it down tomorrow - dog has just come in loooking rather damp.

I've already expressed my concerns and hopes regarding Pete's safety - he said he was well prepared with canned food, batteries, and the rest, but I'd imagine that his power and phone line are out - there is so much overhead service out there. I recall that he said he was considering a generator and some sort of non phone based internet at one time, but I don't know whether that ever panned out for him?

Anyway, I'm off as dinner's almost ready - Southern Fried chicken, which I actually quite like, even though it bears very little relationship to what you can get in the States...

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I hope 30747/73119 is able to take her medicine and the Thursday tests show nothing untoward.

A very pleasant late-Autumn day here, with temperatures in the high teens, so I've been able to do some painting of my persiennes - they are folding and tilting shutters on the upper storey windows. They unclip from the inside for the purpose - I installed them in 2007, so have a vague idea how to undo them!

News from NYC/NJ continues to be related to infrastructure rather than people, so I'm sure Trisonic Pete is toughing it out with the best of 'em. If there had been significant loss of life we'd have heard by now - the meejah always want to latch onto that!

• Like 1

Very late on parade today laptop expired! Hopin Pete and everyone else in the way of the storm are coping and keepin there heads down!

Babies come when they are ready usualy at some un godly hour of the night.

Congrats to Stubby. Hope 30747s tests go well. Debs your makin me feel hungry!!

Laurence

Edited by laurenceb
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It occurs to me that I have known a girl called Sandy. Not biblically, you understand, because our intimacy extended to my holding her - er - ankles for a couple of minutes. And the circs? The dear lady - American, probably 20 years my junior - was attempting to re-seat the awning that the irritating wind had dislodged. Neither of us, nor our multiple companions, including Deb, realised what was on the way, which was tropical rain, and a bit more wind. Well, actually quite a lot more of both. Many of us sought shelter in an RV (camper in UK terms, maybe) where it rained so hard that it came through the seams in the roof! And the wind? Well, we were told afterwards it was a Cat 6 Tornado!

Sandy resonates with me!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Isn't it funny that while us humans will usually sit down and put our feet up after nightfall, Albert and Trude are turning almost hyperactive tonight? Trude in particular has been racing back and forth around the living room and is now having a snack!

Meanwhile, Albert gave the impression of considering jumping on the sofa I'm sitting on right now for a moment. I wouldn't mind if the two of them did, as long as they stayed away from the laptop power cord and would not pee! Though to be fair, they are quite mindful of taking a leak only on their toilet.

• RMweb Gold

I'm certain the smell of pork chops is drifting down the North Wales coast and me trying to cut down on my food (very hard for a North Easterner)

thanks Debs

Alternatively it might have been my mother in law ironing her thick woolly stockings!

Duw!

She lives in Llandudno, so is currently up wind of you!

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

Evening all. I've been carving pumpkins tonight and have discovered that I'm allergic to pumpkin. Fingers have swollen up... The same's happened in the past with butternut squash so it looks like I may be mildly allergic to the squash family!

Still keeping fingers crossed for Pete.

Interesting news just in, Star Wars episodes VII to IX have just been announced, with the possibility of more to come in the franchise after that.

• RMweb Premium

I'm certain the smell of pork chops is drifting down the North Wales coast and me trying to cut down on my food (very hard for a North Easterner)

Or maybe our stuffed pork...depending which way the wind is blowing, of course.

But horror of horrors - it's dark now when I leave work. Like ? Yes /No

Evening all. I've been carving pumpkins tonight and have discovered that I'm allergic to pumpkin. Fingers have swollen up... The same's happened in the past with butternut squash so it looks like I may be mildly allergic to the squash family!

Still keeping fingers crossed for Pete.

Sounds nasty! Try anti-histamine tablets?

Also thinking of Pete and wishing him and the millions of others in the USA and Canada all the best.

The long overdue granddaughter is finally on the move so we'll be heading North to Crewe tomorrow!

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Also thinking of Pete and wishing him and the millions of others in the USA and Canada all the best.

The long overdue granddaughter is finally on the move so we'll be heading North to Crewe tomorrow!

I echo the first sentiment.

Hope all goes well with baby and mum.

• Like 4

This report tells of the 8000 Gns. record price paid for a working sheepdog at the CCM auction-sales at Skipton last weekend.

Feeling quite proud about the above, as my senior bitch (Tegwen) is actually that dog`s half-sister...........but, since my Tegwen retired from chasing wooly-heads; she`s had more time to pursue her other interests. :toclue:

OneTegwentomowclevercolliesMedium.jpg

All together now: "One Tegwen to mow...went to mow a meadow!" :laugh:

Edited by Debs.
  • Like 19

This report tells of the 8000 Gns. record price paid for a working sheepdog at the CCM auction-sales at Skipton last weekend.

Feeling quite proud about the above, as my senior bitch (Tegwen) is actually that dog`s half-sister...........but, since my Tegwen retired from chasing wooly-heads; she`s had more time to pursue her other interests. :toclue:

OneTegwentomowclevercolliesMedium.jpg

This is brilliant - ought to be in the the things that make us smile thread! Animals so easily make us smile.

• Like 2

Sounds nasty! Try anti-histamine tablets?

Thanks - took one soon after the swelling started, so hopefully should soon sort itself out. It's funny, the swollen fingers feel much the same as getting the instant setting cyanoacrylate glue on your fingers. Ask me how I know...

Good luck to daughter for arrival of the littl'un. Hope all goes smoothly and the older one behaves for you!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Would our garden do?

And in true Welsh style, there's a good slope on it.

We can supply the lawn mower!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks - took one soon after the swelling started, so hopefully should soon sort itself out. It's funny, the swollen fingers feel much the same as getting the instant setting cyanoacrylate glue on your fingers.

I don't think I'm allergic to squash but I do seem to have odd dreams after butternut squash risotto. Though it may be some other ingredient as the butternut squash soup I had for lunch last week didn't seem to cause nightmares.

I'm not carving any pumpkins. The Halloween jolliness started to get out of hand and turned into threats with menaces. It seemed much calmer last year but I shall still be the miserable so and so being disapproving.

• Like 2

I'd planned on carving the pumpkins for Jamie at the weekend, but SWMBO had already carved one and that was enough, so these two are now adorning my flat. I did get fed up with kids coming round the flats at the start of October demanding penny for the guy - no costumes, no guy... So I was similarly grumpy about it! Thankfully nothing in the last few years, so I'm less grumpy now.

• Like 1

The Halloween jolliness started to get out of hand and turned into threats with menaces.

Indeed it has! :agree: ........and that combined with the near-terrorism of monster fireworks being thrown at people, their houses/vehicles and their poor animals......all under the guise of "a bit of fun".

`not impressed at all! :ireful:

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

At Halloween I let Robbie play in the hall. Normally he isn't allowed to jump up at the front door but he gets to do the full Hound of the Basketmeals impersonation. For a totally harmless dog he creates a fantastic impression when all (unwanted) visitors can see through a small pane of glass are big teeth following the thump as nearly 20kg of dog hits the front door.

• Like 9

Although I dont normaly suffer from banitiss one thing I would ban is the sale of fireworks. People setting the d---n things off at 3am does nothing for my sence of humour!

(what sence of humour sayes my frends)

CleverCollie.jpg

"I`ll check my diary and see if I can squeeze you in!" :mocking_mini:

"Oy its my time on the ,puter buzz off"
  • Like 2