The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

One for our two wheel ER's.

image.png.24be8c2d1155e4b0598ad3a473d0bb8d.png

Ah dear old Ogri.  Met Paul Sample once, I had a leather jacket with Ogri riding my BMW on the back - I thought oh-oh copyright discussion incoming, but he loved it and photographed it!  It's in a frame in the hallway now.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

I'll guess you'll not be wanting my recipe for Thai Chilli sauce then - and especially the variant where I substituted Antillais chilli (aka Granny's bonnet)  for cayenne

Thank you for the offer but it would be wasted here. My brother might like it.  He has been known to obtain peppers rated as not suitable for human consumption. I do think of one of our occasional meals here as sad goulash. Aditi just seems very sensitive to chilli. Her Dad was too, perhaps it is genetic!

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 8

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. With the prevailing dampness Arthur Itis is having a field day, Nurofen has been taken. I will venture out to Tess Coes tomorrow, supplies are getting low. I've also got to sort out some things concerning items that run on two parallel pieces of metal. Still a bit windy out but it seems to have eased a bit to what it was earlier.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

This was being discussed on the jokes thread.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/supercc/tina-tailpipe-the-complete-collection-by-john-richardson

It's about a 1970's comic strip called Tina Tailpipe and if you page down you will find a character who goes by the name of CC , Captain Cynical?

Hmmmmmm.....

He does seem to have a grip of the essentials...

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jjb1970 said:

Challenger 3, integrating a new turret and systems onto hulls built 20 years ago, what could possibly catch out the unwary?

Rheinmetal  and BAe Systems plus new subies/ suppliers we got rid of for CR2 could have an impact.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

34 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning, from a rock that once again suffered a very windy night.  8c and dry now with just a 'good wind' after yet more 70mph stuff overnight, UK cut off again etc etc.  Once of the garden fences is struggling to remain upright, thankfully the neighbour on that side is handy with such things so he's going to put some new posts in (all fences here are 'shared') so we'll just cross his palm with Manx pound notes.  Yes we still have them, although rare in open circulation.

Some scintillating chat with friends later, while I avoid SWMBO who is working from home on Wetkneesdays prior to not working that day at all from April.  A small pension from across (ie the UK) she accrued years ago is making up the shortfall in income, she's 60 on Saturday so will be getting it from then.  She tells me she wants to work for another 5 or 6 years while work is enjoyable, but if that changes again (she had to change roles somewhat against her will last year) she may just pack in.  Her Civil Serpent pension is just about topped off anyway.

Can't remember if you had to contribute to a Civil Serpants pension or whether 'we' the tax payer paid it. As Mamar was one, for a short time I shouldn't complain I suppose.

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

25 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Good moaning from a grey and overcast Charente.  However it's staying warmer.  Just had an hour carpenter ing in the shed working on the new shutters.  Beth has just gone off with a friend to a shop called Gateaux.  I wonder what they will be eating.  Now the ironing beckons.  Music to be chosen  next then a pleasant afternoon in prospect and an evening meal out.  And a new comic ©Chrisf, appeared yesterday. The 1000th issue of that one so a bumper read. 

Ttfn.

Jamie

Perhaps she'll bring you back a doggy bag Jamie as a reward for all your excursions.

• Like 3
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

Today has become dry, bright through a light overcast and the winds have subsided over the past hour or so after a very wild night. The wind direction was such as to blow one of the seed tubes off the bird feeder...

I'll pop it back on when I go out for a post-storm visual inspection in a while.

Topped up the seed tube and returned it to the feeder, no storm damage elsewhere either (The Dalek stayed put too!) so all a  ✔️

🙃

Edited by Hroth
Update
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 12