The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

7 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

I'd assume illogical stuff like that will all get sorted out  now that  yous  have got a Minister Of Commonsense but. 

The so-called "Minister for Common Sense" is a Braverman clone, who made an ideological hash of the Dept for Work and Pensions when she was in charge of it. She was so hated* that she lost an extremely safe Tory constituency and had to be found a safer one...

* To the extent that anti-Mcvey slogans were sprayed on the walls of Jobcentres in the constituency.

• Informative/Useful 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

59 minutes ago, Hroth said:

The so-called "Minister for Common Sense" is a Braverman clone

Is that some kind of superhero who turns up when something is too scary?

"Oh no, a large spider, thats way too frightening for me - looks like a job for Braverman!"

image.png.0c1a280958ff21cabb51c3451690ceed.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well it was raining when I came downstairs for breakfast, but now it’s stopped and the sun is shining! So, I’m going to set off for the butchers for the weekly meat rations and a pork pie for my dinner as soon as I’m finished here. A click and collect package from the Trafford Centre will be next on the agenda and then an afternoon of relaxation. 

Back later. 

Brian 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Only one call out from bladder control last night but Arthur Itis was hammering away  when I got up this morning so a brace of Nurofen was taken. Will be doing a big shop today as the Tess Coes vouchers are due to expire next week and they are all for things that are part of my regular shopping with one exception, mince pies which considering the time of year I might as well get. The other vouchers are for cheese, cooked meat and salad items. 

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Sidecar Racer said:

When I get him home sleep will be the least of his worries .

poly3.jpg.324aa736fe03808d594a278abd16ad8f.jpg

Couldn't Bear put a lid on that pizza?  It'll be coated with flies, grit and other "stuff". Mind you, the same "stuff" will be going down his gullet so the extra top coat might not make a difference...

• Like 2
  • Funny 14

Well it's Friday Evening and time to celebrate the end of the week. And some of the ERs managed to grab a quick drink before heading off to dinner.....

_997f1087-0dca-4dfe-9de7-5877a39ede56.jpg.8030d08e54f6837447b5e988e0de342b.jpg

As iL Dottore still had Captain Cynical's multidimensional time-traveling camera, iD was able to see his drinking companion's dining choices...

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13