The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

19 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

I'm just trying to figure out what is going on  that  my sunnies are reflecting.

Is the Siege Of Khartoum or The Crusades   going off in front of me and ruining  my expensive  dining experience?

Probably just your fan club clamoring for selfies with you....

• Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

I'm just trying to figure out what is going on  that  my sunnies are reflecting.

Is the Siege Of Khartoum or The Crusades   going off in front of me and ruining  my expensive  dining experience?

and you have a flower growing out of your hand...................

• Agree 3
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

Good morning everyone 

We’re off to go and look at kitchens!

Back later. 

Brian

Bear used a company called DIY Kitchens.  Recommended - and a far, far larger choice (cabinet sizes, styles, paint colours etc.) than all other companies.  They come ready built too, and the price is right - even for Bears.

They have a showroom that may well be within travelling distance for you; alternatively you can book an appointment to view on-line via webcam.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 8

Tired of fighting both the London Underground and TfL (last Saturday iD waited 90 minutes for a bus that was always just "due" and finally had to take a taxi..). He decided to invite the Brains Trust to his favourite Izakaya in Tokyo for the January meet up. Some friends of his (in the background) have said they'd be happy to show the Brains Trust membership the city....

_fc11f32f-6835-4e26-8d88-ee0cd66100c2.jpg.6a1c6279d91b8fe8e7eb04abe2cf7443.jpg

• Like 13
  • Funny 4

30 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

We've been discussing junk food recently, this is a Maccy D's in Malaysia.

image.png.d0dfa2592a28d7b5f173806fe5eed8f9.png

A Maccas in Adelaide used to have a Dakota as a kids party pad, basically a Mcdonalds Douglas DC-3, ( you can LOL at my clever pun there).

image.png.8d536f1e689433abb89d61f942ab1ddf.png

Yawn at NZ copying the idea  many years later just so lame influencers can add it to their "coolest Mcdonalds in the world" list

https://www.klook.com/en-MY/blog/unique-mcdonalds-around-the-world/

Well, WE got Russell Crowe and Phar Lap, suckers!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

I wondered why doctors always have those stethoscopes around their necks no matter where they are, so I thought I'd try the I.T guy version -  an ethernet cable -  and now I realise why - jeez, it sure attracts the chicks, you sly fox!

image.png.8e27516b609398b1941ad42fed6e2eab.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

Apologies in advance but in order to fulfill my statutory Australian citizenship requirements I am required to annually publicly make fun of the English cricket team, albeit in a lighthearted jocular manner, similar to how you lot  make fun of us by saying  that we are all called Bruce when in fact I am not called Bruce, that is my brother-in-law.

Its not personal, it is just a legal thing.

So here we go.

Countries that are ahead of England on the cricket world cup table ATM.... LOL

image.png.ad6938b29fd6877aaae8f73b36a3d7c9.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

At our Community Centre exhibition last month we had 520 visitors over two days at £5 each - but only paid £450 for the hall - perhaps it helps being the Chairman of the Community Centre - and the tearooms were very busy resulting in a decent profit for the centre as their volunteers run the tearooms.

The village hall in question has gone up to £367, for next year, when you get an attendance of about 130 (+ plus children are free) for a little show, that's going to be a sizable chunk of the entrance fee.

The other show we do, uses a hall where due to being classed as genuinely local, we get a discount, so we only pay about £120, for an only slightly smaller hall.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

49 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

I wondered why doctors always have those stethoscopes around their necks no matter where they are, so I thought I'd try the I.T guy version -  and now I realise why - jeez, it sure attracts the chicks, you sly fox!

Yes I know what you mean

image.png.6840111b2ce828c20acff98365b08a75.png

There's probably a Freudian reason for it...

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Tired of fighting both the London Underground and TfL (last Saturday iD waited 90 minutes for a bus that was always just "due" and finally had to take a taxi..). He decided to invite the Brains Trust to his favourite Izakaya in Tokyo for the January meet up. Some friends of his (in the background) have said they'd be happy to show the Brains Trust membership the city....

All expenses paid I trust?

59 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

I wondered why doctors always have those stethoscopes around their necks no matter where they are, so I thought I'd try the I.T guy version -  and now I realise why - jeez, it sure attracts the chicks, you sly fox!

Stethoscope?  Looks more like Det Cord......

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

22 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

IMG_0155.jpeg.cd6b2cb58bf13e7f4c6faad473e4fc17.jpegIf you enter il Dottore visits London Pub into the Bing Content Creator you get a slightly different image.

I think you've just come up with a new internet craze!

I swapped  the word "London" for"Australian" and I got this.

image.png.f80f2b6d2e9bbbc3b80d521e41a75c75.png

Come on everybody, lets send Il dotore on a world pub tour!

enter bing.com/create in ya browser and go from there.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

20 minutes ago, polybear said:

All expenses paid I trust?

Stethoscope?  Looks more like Det Cord......

Like I said - it is the I T guy version with a standard IT guy accessory.   -  a 2.4m ethernet cable.  Chicks dig them, as you can see from the actual real photo I posted.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

30 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Yes I know what you mean

image.png.6840111b2ce828c20acff98365b08a75.png

There's probably a Freudian reason for it...

I can't see any stethoscopes?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

5 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I can't see any stethoscopes?

Your eyes must be wandering (although I can understand why you'd be distracted).

It's the black thing with two earpieces at one end and a chest piece (or diaphragm) at the other. In the picture, this is clearly visible.

It's still one of the best "babe magnets" to have (especially if you know how to use it like a professional....)

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

How about Yorkshire pub?IMG_0157.jpeg.37fad10afd013ea2f26c37a4a2b06496.jpeg

In comparison adding the word "out back"  -  which is our equivalent of Yorkshire   -   gave me this:

image.png.351385ecfc8abe5e007a562a2c0516b5.png

(Jeez, bing has obviously  been to a different part of the outback than I have!)

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3