The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Westedge3D, the company  with the colour 3D printer has posted a small video on their Facebook page of some HO prints of a couple of the  Australian outline cars I've been designing in Blender for them.

. They were meant for N gauge given the cost of the prints but they look ok in HO, and they are pretty much  the only N or HO Aussie cars out there, other than a small HO diecast range.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/870017081515989

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Blimey, it's dry(ish) although I'm sure the ground is pretty damp with some blue sky and something bright has made an appearance.  A windy day with variable cloud, sunny spells and scattered showers is forecast.  8°C rising to 14°C.

Nothing planned today, to bodge or not to bodge? that is the question.

Tea has made been for Herself and she is now up and about so that may have some bearing on what happens next.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, polybear said:

What have you been banned from?

And a pink terrorist b/day party?  We'll send flowers.....

(Still, death by jelly n' ice cream seems a pretty good way to go)

We are going to a 60th birthday celebration on Saturday. The venue is a Turkish restaurant. I wonder what the jelly and ice cream equivalent is.

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

9 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

We are going to a 60th birthday celebration on Saturday. The venue is a Turkish restaurant. I wonder what the jelly and ice cream equivalent is.

Turkish Delight leaves jelly for dead.

(but not Aeroplane jelly in case @Ozexpatriatebrings it up!)

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 10
  • Funny 3

26 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Continuing on the subject of non conventional propulsion systems, this is a good one. Basically a spaceship propelled the nuclear bombs  jettisoned and then exploding behind the craft. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)

So a rocket that gets propelled along by bombs being detonated behind it. Whoever  would sign up to be in  that!?!?!

Oh, hang on.

image.png.f0f5771b4c96211934b57470ea63fb04.png

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Only one call from bladder control a 05:30 but I had no problems getting back to sleep again for another hour. Will have to visit Tess Coes today or go on a diet over the weekend. Now to catch up on Scam Interceptors.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Another challenge for @iL Dottore for comment?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67296413

Scenario

<<I live in a house with a railway line passing my house...

The night trains wake me up...

I have put in a complaint to the council: "asking for the [whistles] to be [silence]d at night.">>

<<Their reply concerned ...the "attack on their [Elf & Safe Tea].">>

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

' morning all from red dragon land. This is me...

Showers. A bit of blue sky - nice shade, too!

Cold 7.6C <<That's better. It was 6.4C.>>

Some online ordering to do, today, followed by some of the H word and C&C groceries to sort out this afternoon. Toot on the flute will be squeezed in here and there. Talking of which, I was struggling with the new line of twiddly bits in as much as it sounded no more than a series of disjointed notes. Somehow, after watching the teaching video, it came out sounding like a piece of music. HOW I made the difference/leap is anyone's guess! Not for the first time, but I sure wish I knew what magic was being performed!

Best get on.

Take care. Be good. Enjoy your magic moments.

Polly

Edited by southern42
typo...
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well it looks like the weather can’t make its mind up today, we had some more rain overnight , but it had stopped when I got up, then the sky cleared and the sun shone, now it looks like it’s about to chuckitdarn at any minute. Anyway, I’m going to take a chance and walk to the butchers for the weekly meat rations and a pork pie for my dinner. Then it’s the usual trip to the Trafford Centre for a few more bits and pieces. Once that lot have been put away, I’ll relax with a muggertea and watch the latest Pete Waterman episode. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning!

Here's a sight to gladden @Dave Hunt heart I stumbled on this morning on Faceache! 

It's a  shame that the optimism  expressed concerning Lightnings came to naught.

Plans for today:

Try and finish the recommissioning of the telescope focuser with it's new extended reach and re-collimate the scope ready for action.     Today Jupiter is in "Opposition" and particularly high in the sky and should make an excellent sight to see.     Shame about the persistent wind, rain, clouds and next door's "Luton Airport Runway" garden lights then .....

Then it's back to the RD and making that rotor extraction tool.

TTFN

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Well, after Herself made an appearance what happened next was that it was decreed that "we needed" to go for a walk to the hairdressers (family friend) so that "we" could drop off a thank you card for a present that was delivered yesterday.  Not quite sure why we both had to go to deliver a  card but anything for a quiet life and it did involve a 1.1mile walk in the fresh albeit diesel fume laden air which I  suppose is goodish for me.

Coffee now and then ....well anything could happen.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

So a rocket that gets propelled along by bombs being detonated behind it. Whoever  would sign up to be in  that!?!?!

Oh, hang on.

image.png.f0f5771b4c96211934b57470ea63fb04.png

You might snigger....but you should've seen T's & C's....especially the "renumeration" and "pension" sections....

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

4 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Good moaning from a Charente that is still here apparently.  A trip to see the ban manager this morning then a 7yr olds birthday party this evening.

Regards to all and ofkclurse Sundry. 

Jamie

You're Inspector Clouseau and I claim the £5............................

• Like 6
  • Funny 10