The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

With a great deal of effort the guest room is ready. Or ready enough should someone knock the door!  

This will also be Dr. SWMBO’s Monday and Friday work-from-home office and has the bonus of facing the sunsets with a view of the sea. Whether it’s the Celtic Sea, Bristol Channel or Atlantic Ocean is debatable. 

The rest of the cottage looks much more like our home than it did 24 hours ago with far fewer stacked boxes and many more things in place. 

The IKEA 3-door wardrobe which was too big to even come in through the front door and which was therefore dismantled out on the footpath was taken upstairs piece by piece and has been rebuilt.   Although not without invoking some sort of Old Norse curse! 

Progress is being made.

IMG_4704.jpeg.aafcc60e7961745546eba994fb7b37ea.jpeg

IMG_4700.jpeg.fabfe49b4a65268d80202ffc83c4162f.jpeg

I had one of those IKEA wardrobes. The only way it could be assembled when I moved was by cutting the top three inches off. Other than that it was fine.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I don't no what type of potato Tess Coes use for their chips but they come with the skins intact and taste great. They're not oily either, I imagine they are only dipped into the hot oil. Only problem is you have to be careful cooking them in an air fryer as you can easily dry them out.

King Edward's are the ones.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

10 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

They are for jacket tatties not chips...........................

Do chips and roasties as well. You just have to get the oil right that's all.

Edited by Winslow Boy
That's all not oil you stupid cooker. I give up.
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

22 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

@iL Dottore 's scenario reminded me of a TV play I saw years ago, in which sentient kitchen appliances conspired together to get their human to snap out of depression or something, crikey it was my last year in further edumocation so must have been 1979/80.

Are you perhaps thinking about Red Dwarf? Before the arrival of Kryten, the show featured talking vending machines and the incredibly irritating “Talkie Toaster”.

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3