The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

52 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Once, back when $20,000 was really a lot of money, I asked him what, if I gave him $20,000 , could he do for me in terms of enhancement He lLooked at me very slowly ,professionally evaluating the situation , sadly shook his head and said "absolutely nothing"

Reminds me of a Mrs Murton Show when she interviews a model (who i won't name)  that  had just had an expense ‘job’ done. Mrs M. said, and I’m paraphrasing,  ‘Well you must have looked a before hand’. The celeb thanked her for the comment, thinking it was a complement.  
Really, really cringeworthy. 

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

On cosmetic medical procedures, I recommend investing in tattoo removal clinics. Most passing fads are just that. People dye their hair in rainbow colours, get a ridiculous hair cut, go goth and lots of other things and when they grow out of it they move on. Even piercings aren't such a big deal if people decide they don't want rings and studs everywhere. However, I look at an awful lot of people now and can't help thinking 'I hope you're still happy looking like that when you're older'. Not so much tattoos that are easily hidden (though they may be just as much a cause for regret) but you see more and more of what seem to be called 'extreme' tattoos on hands, necks, faces and such like.

• Agree 18

25 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

On cosmetic medical procedures, I recommend investing in tattoo removal clinics. Most passing fads are just that. People dye their hair in rainbow colours, get a ridiculous hair cut, go goth and lots of other things and when they grow out of it they move on. Even piercings aren't such a big deal if people decide they don't want rings and studs everywhere. However, I look at an awful lot of people now and can't help thinking 'I hope you're still happy looking like that when you're older'. Not so much tattoos that are easily hidden (though they may be just as much a cause for regret) but you see more and more of what seem to be called 'extreme' tattoos on hands, necks, faces and such like.

As on many things, Pete Townshend and The Who were precognizanr.....

TATTOO by THE WHO

Me and my brother were talking to each other

About what makes a man a man

Was it brain or brawn, or the month you were born?

We just couldn't understand

[Bridge]

Our old man didn't like our appearance

He said that only women wear long hair

So me and my brother borrowed money from Mother

We knew what we had to do

We went downstairs, past the barber and gymnasium

And got our arms tattooed

Welcome to my life, tattoo

I'm a man now, thanks to you

I expect I'll regret you

But the skin graft man won't get you

You'll be there when I die

Tattoo

[Verse 3]

My dad beat me because mine said "Mother"

But my mother naturally liked it and beat my brother

Cause his tattoo was of a lady in the nude

And my mother thought that was extremely rude

Welcome to my life, tattoo

We've a long time together, me and you

I expect I'll regret you

But the skin graft man won't get you

You'll be there when I die

Tattoo

[Verse 4]

Now I'm older, I'm tattooed all over

My wife is tattooed, too

A-rooty-doot-toot, rooty-tooty-toot-toot

Rooty-tootle-tootle tattoo, too

And the video

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BSW01 said:

When I went to the car to take Sheila to her zumba class, it and every other car on the street was covered in the Sahara rain, pah. 

I thought something was up yesterday (or day before) when I noticed that I couldn't see as far from the bus*as the haze was so dense.

*I can usually see Alfred's Tower, about 20 miles away in Bruton, from Odd Down in Bath on the bus, but could only see about 2 or so miles into the distance.

It all makes sense now.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

An earworm to drive you bonkets....

Only if you click the play button.

7 minutes ago, polybear said:

Now you mustn't laugh now....this is a despicable act.....

No, really, this is serious now.....you just mustn't......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-66741245

🤣

Oh Buggeritt, why not - best thing I've seen in ages.....

6/10 for effort, something a bit more "staining" would have been better, laced with Stop'nGrow....

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. It continues to swelter today, 28C outside and 26.5C indoors. The goodies I won in a draw arrived lunchtime, a couple of diecast models and a tote bag. Neither of the models is to a scale I use but the tote bag will be very useful. Time to sort out dinner, a cold one, salad.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Hroth said:

6/10 for effort, something a bit more "staining" would have been better, laced with Stop'nGrow....

Very true, though I suspect that would risk a step up from maybe common assault(?) to bodily harm?

9 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Start the tuk tuk!White smoke has been spotted.  Herbindoors has spoken with an insultant today and will see her on Tuesday  afternoon.

Ten minutes later and even higher level of insultant rang to say she is being booked in to see another, different insultant as he reckonshe needs to check that the gyne insultants have the right ideas.

Great! But can someone get a grip and physically do something....

Baz

So is that now two appointments, or still one?  Still on the Tuesday (or better) though?  

• Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

A 22 y.o. on "The Chase" has never heard of Benny Hill, Tommy Cooper or Ken Dodd.

Things are far worse than I thought.

edit:  And he just missed out on £30K....

Edited by polybear
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, polybear said:

it appears to work rather well so far (I've yet to test the darkness performance)

One thing you may notice is that you get “line crossing’ events at night. I had set the active range to ignore cars driving along the road but their headlights cast moving shadows on my car parked on the drive. That was what was being detected. The only request I have had for cctv assistance was to see  if Rosie the Cat had been spotted when she went missing from her home for a day. 

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1