The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

21 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

It's a right pain the the proverbial.

I simply don't use it - it doesn't aggravate me that way.

Of course if there is a lot of content since my last visit, navigating to the current page and going back page by page until there is a new (to me) post is quite tedious.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

In the absence of any substantial rain I had convinced myself to tackle some of the larger weeds in the back yard that are laughing at me. By the time I stirred myself to action the rain has arrived. It seems to have eased off, so I'm going to get out there, even if I don't stay long I want to get rid of the tall ones.

EDIT: (20 minutes later)

You can't make this up. I changed into clothes suitable for weed pulling. By the time I was outside a deluge (including small hail) worthy of a Cecil B. deMillian biblical epic movie, had appeared. So I gave up and retired back to the sofa, televised golf and laptop. Having done that the rain (evidently a passing shower) has now all but stopped again.

Once more unto the breach.

EDIT

Now the deed is done. The green yard waste wheelie bin is full to the brim for Wednesday's collection. The heavy rain softened the ground nicely for weed pulling. The back yard continues to be chaotic, full of living things but at least the tall(est) weeds are no longer laughing at me.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 15
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, jamie92208 said:

I rather like this one

She's just 4.

And growing quickly.

You need the Google Pixel "magic eraser" app to rid your image of meddlesome nearly naked adults - though cropping will work in this case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 8

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Funny response from the appointments officer received

Friends of mine were voluntary tax preparers for people who needed help with tax returns but could not afford the usual professional tax preparation services. They had done it for years until a new coordinator took over. After giving this person 'a chance' they promptly stopped.

When first promoted to manager I was told that the number one reason people quit jobs is that they don't like their manager. (I would think for volunteers, even more so.)

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 6
  • Agree 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

Somewhat wet here this evening. Abandonment of outdoor activity but at least no need for watering today.

More good cricketing activity this weekend. After last week's heroics and the age group team reaching the final of the T20 Sam's team mates in the seniors came good this week and skittled the oposition for 99 on Saturday before knocking off the runs in 22 of their 40 alloted overs, not leaving him much chance to shine. I couldn't make today's match but he made up for it in today's age group game as he and his opening bowling partner reduced the opposition to 11-3 after the first six overs. He came back to bowl the last over as usual adding a double wicket maiden to end up with 4 wickets for 5 runs in 4 overs and enabling the batting lineup to record a comfortable win. 

T20 cup final for the boys next weekend but that's at the other end of the county so may not make that one. These days I don't usually do a 60 mile drive for a 9.30 am start.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I simply don't use it - it doesn't aggravate me that way.

Of course if there is a lot of content since my last visit, navigating to the current page and going back page by page until there is a new (to me) post is quite tedious.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I go to the relevant first-level page (e.g. wheeltappers for ERs) and look at what shows up with a bold title. On many first-level pages I can see a non-bold item on the first page which I have looked at, so I know that all the newer stuff is above that. For places where I haven't looked for a few days I might have to go back a few pages. Then I look at the new threads to see which sound interesting, and click on the circle or star to the left of the title to get to the page with the first unread item. (circles are where I have not pasted in the thread, stars are where I have posted at least once).

• Like 8
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I did hear the rain last night as I was nodding off but there's no evidence this morning. Will have to visit Tess Coes for a few bits today but thats about all. Now to get on to Virgin Media as my E-mails won't open.

• Friendly/supportive 17