The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

However, his - and others' - recent birthdays have made me think: shouldn't we have an age limit on ER?  As in "no-one admitted under the age of 55"??? 😁🤣😉

Is 55 the age at which men begin to regress back to childhood. Or does it start earlier than that or do they never progress beyond childhood?

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Is 55 the age at which men begin to regress back to childhood. Or does it start earlier than that or do they never progress beyond childhood?

I think it depends on if or when they marry.

• Like 4
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DaveF said:

At the end of the last post I was leaving Cambois.  I headed south through the rest of the village and arrived at North Blyth and drove to the end of the road by the alumina terminal, opposite Blyth.  I then walked south past the terminal's rail connection, through a small pedestrian gap at the side of the gates until I had the views I wanted of Blyth and the harbour entrance.  It is all explained in the photos below.  The first 4 photos show a panorama of Blyth Quayside from north to south.  Details are in the captions.  Note - parking on the Quayside and road is free and there is no time limit.  For those who knew Blyth in olden times it is very different now.

sBSC_7850NorthBlyth.jpg.dfedc23ebfb43752268c13b75a23b332.jpg

Blyth from North Blyth 1.  The building on this side of the River Blyth is the end of the alumina terminal.  Across the river on the right is the wind turbine test facility, the new brick buildings by the water house the town council and my solicitors, then there is the actual Quayside, a nice open space.  Further back are houses and flats.

sBSC_7851NorthBlyth.jpg.57f4c4d993fac6c8dcd37ebcaecb9900.jpg

2 This shows the length of Blyth Quayside with new offices and car park for workers.  Beyond them  is the old police station, a vets - and what was Mum's flat at the far end of the road in the centre.

sBSC_7852NorthBlyth.jpg.daf4856a796642c15a6ec8e93919ca85.jpg

3 The southern end of the Quayside and the old staiths, now a wooden promenade.  There are new offices, the white building is a hotel, to its left are new town houses.

sBSC_7853NorthBlyth.jpg.13f3963d926b85847f4dd306a81efec0.jpg

4 Turning round further south there is the view to the harbour entrance with St Mary's lighthouse in the far distance.  Obviously the sea is on the left.

sBSC_7855NorthBlyth.jpg.178e1c2606d0c3556cc22ad90689bf59.jpg

5 The sailing ship is Williams II owned by Blyth Tall Ship, a training provider charity which also offers day trips and cruises as well as helping many people with work training and courses for interests.  The south harbour, which is a working part with cargo ships and the yacht moorings is behind the "Port of Blyth " building with the warehouses in the right background in grey.  Beyond all that is several miles of sand to Seaton Sluice in the far distance.

sBSC_7857NorthBlyth.jpg.b4c4ae565034ea6ba3519c9904d3db28.jpg

Moving upstream, to the north of the wind turbine test facility is more commercial harbour, today 2 ships were in, the one above  Normand Superior, and the one below.    Not in these photos is the northernmost part of the commercial harbour, on the side of the river I am standing on which is also busy with imports/ exports and offshore support.

sBSC_7858NorthBlyth.jpg.74b49bf308ed56767ce3949a7842c5dd.jpg

Grand Canyon III

I hope this wasn't too long and boring.

David

I once visited Cammus and found the most god forsaken stabling point I've ever seen on a sandy wind blown spit of land between the harbour and the north sea.  It was winter. 

Jamie

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I once visited Cammus and found the most god forsaken stabling point I've ever seen on a sandy wind blown spit of land between the harbour and the north sea.  It was winter. 

Jamie

It can be like that in summer too!

David

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

I'm gutted you missed the bit at at around 3.45 where she gives it her all.

Things that sing better part one...

The Bleating Tree Frog that was on my front step just now.

PXL_20230425_125125445.PORTRAIT.jpg.e8af64ebee4875aa4e29a4aea4ba3b9a.jpg

Where's the CUTE button?

• Like 10
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The arthritis/sciatica is a lot less troublesome now but pills will still be popped before bedtime to keep them at bay. Still sorting out my brothers bungalow, my nephew ventured into the loft a couple of days ago and found a load more diecast models and some books, also there's some soft toys that were collected by his late wife, they have gone to the charity shop.

• Friendly/supportive 19

14 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

I get really annoyed when people bang on about “the evils of big pharma” and they are usually people with an ideological axe to grind. 

Flávio, before you retire could you put in a good word for humanity for "big pharma" to invest in new antibiotics (which are reportedly not profitable enough) before we get wiped out by antibiotic-resistant bacterial (so-called) super bugs?

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4