The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

10 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The gardens were rather spectacular today. Just about anything that flowers in the spring was flowering.

We are weeks away from that here. There's some early bulbs but that's about it. I've seen a little group of snowdrops but not noticed anything else - even any crocus. No buds on trees either.

A quick look on my camera shows the Sakura (cherry) in full bloom on March 25 last year.

Not pleasantly warm either at around 4°C.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Grizz said:

Morning All

Another carp nights sleep. Starting to get boring now. 

Quite a busy planned today, topped off this afternoon with me delivering an introduction to Pway to some graduate  engineers. I’ve always enjoyed these sessions, although the time allotted isn’t anything like long enough to cover the subject. 

Just looked out of one of the upper windows of Grizz Castle to see what Wednesday looks like…..

Fog It….🤬 …not again. 

EEB8780F-955C-46A4-851C-55AC7A54535D.jpeg.252aeca78298c83f24d0861b9a3268bc.jpeg

Have a great day all.

ATB Grizz

Just out of interest, there was a very interesting article about PWay work on Laal Ratty (Ravenglass and Eskdale) in a newsletter not long ago.  It might be a useful pre read for your talk.  Send me a pm if you are interested.

Jamie

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. We are fogless today but wonder if @polybear might have fallen into a murky grey abyss. 

Dr. SWMBO has (yet another) hospital appointment later which dictates the plan of campaign for the day somewhat. 

Shopping order - for delivery on Friday - will include supplies to celebrate Collop Monday next week.

As well as Shrove Tuesday and Ash Wednesday. Shall we have something special for Thursday and Friday as well?  

I hear the kettle calling. No - not a steam-whistle but a pressing need to install Muggertea the Second 

Stay well. Keep warm. 

• Like 18

I think the ceiling rose has detached itself from said ceiling and has slid down the pendant to be left like a flying saucer circling Bear Towers looking for  secret 'military bases' aka LDC depositories.

No I don't want Q's comments you silly piece of #£%&54 xdcbggtre software just do as your told!

On 13/02/2023 at 03:13, TheQ said:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Sounds like a certain First Minister of Scotland is resigning, wonder what effect that will have.

The first effect will be to create a vacancy.  

Nature abhors a vacuum so the next thing will be a rush to fill it.  

• Agree 12