The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Any plans for the weekend?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/64139029?fbclid=IwAR1cHW-go8oKOjd4ue2szWcd_wP_J3vlXpZRzyU5UpQZbTs83XHdl45KM20

It seems you need to be of a certain mentality to do such things. As one competitor is quoted as saying ….. 

I could sit in a corner and hit my head with a spoon for three days if that's what I decided to do."

Think I’ll give it a miss. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

and if you check items to "quote" the "quote" tag covers the top of page arrow so you have to use the scroll bar to get back to the top of the next page if you're needing to move to the next page. Seems something is broken, it used to be that when you used the next page navigation or any selected page # you'd be automatically placed at the top. Now you're placed at the bottom of the page...

Firefox was  often like that for some months, i.e. clicking next page often took me to the bottom of next page, but occasionally to the top. For the past week or two it often takes me to the top of the current page, in those cases I sometimes like on the numbered next page - I now tend to assume I'll end at the bottom if it is the next page.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Not feeling very well, a bit feverish and no appetite so an early night beckons. Hopefully by the morning I'll feel better.

And hopefully with only one red line on the test strip.  Assuming anyone other than ourselves still does those.  

• Like 4
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

despite the light pollution

Much depends on where precisely one is. While basking in the Sydney glow, your neck of the woods is better than most.

I'm not sure where you fall but the region is on the fringe (according to this website).

image.png.47eedfcd4738819f8905a6c41874587e.png

It's all bright purple where I live.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 5

1 minute ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Much depends on where precisely one is. While basking in the Sydney glow, your neck of the woods is better than most.

I'm not sure where you fall but the region is on the fringe (according to this website).

image.png.47eedfcd4738819f8905a6c41874587e.png

It's all bright purple where I live.

Need to go about 8km further west....

• Like 13

On 18/01/2023 at 12:13, Ozexpatriate said:

Meanwhile a dead whale washed up on an Oregon beach. (It was struck by a ship.) They're not going to blow this one up. The plan is to let nature take its course. King tides are expected soon.

Now there's a stillborn grey whale calf washed up 91m away from the earlier whale.

AP: Third dead whale in a week washes up on Oregon coast

The 'coincidence' is attributed to prevailing currents.

The 'third whale' mentioned is far from the other two.

• Informative/Useful 14

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, polybear said:

In other news.....

The resignation of a certain p.m. was a bit of a surprise - from an outside view I reckon she's done pretty well (and a whole lot better than many other p.m's around the world have managed).

....whilst a certain "other" pm is in the news for (apparently) briefly removing his seat belt whilst travelling as a passenger in a car.  Naturally this is considered worthy of National Headline news and a Police investigation;  apparently "if it goes to court" the maximum fine is £500.  He could struggle to pay that......

Of course this'll quickly escalate and his fitness to do the job will be brought into question, with calls for his resignation and interviews being opened to all-comers......

**For the avoidance of any doubt the above Rant is to do with the law and nothing whatsoever to do with the "P" word, cos' that would be naughty......😉**

Bear here......

MIUABGAD methinks.

Bear gone.

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1