The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

The larger hobby shops here would have display cases of  Australian outline brass HO locomotives when I was younger. Now its mainly Bergs in Parramatta, in the heyday they carried their own line of them, sourced from Japan then like you say Korea. They are still a reseller and still handle them as they come up.

https://www.bergshobbies.com.au/store/18

Similarly a place called Hobbyland sells them also.

https://www.hobbylandaustralia.com.au/hobbyland-ho-scale-brass-consignment-catalogue/

A certain Bear would quite like the chance to get his paws on a FIA Trains LMS 10000 at a nice price - though I suspect there's little chance of that.

Bear here.....

A wasted day, pretty much - bounce busted.  Turdycurses.  Must restart work on the Great H/S/L refurb tomorrow methinks.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Still blowing a hooly outside but it seems to have got warmer, confirmed by the thingy at the bottom of the screen saying 10C., I'm sure it was in single figures earlier.

3 minutes ago, polybear said:

A certain Bear would quite like the chance to get his paws on a FIA Trains LMS 10000 at a nice price - though I suspect there's little chance of that.

There was one in the auction I mentioned that took place just before Christmas. The catalogue is now no longer available so I can't tell you how much it sold for.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

John’s Wordpress blog  won’t open on my iPad but works perfectly on an Android device. Anyone else having similar problems or it is just me. My iPad is up to date and did open the blog perfectly until a couple of days ago. 

Just opened it (from your quote of the link) on my iPhone.(iOS 16.2)

Edited by The Lurker
Version of operating system
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BoD said:

It opens fine on my iPad, Tony, so not a generic Apple thing.

Edit: have you updated to iOS 16?  I haven’t as yet.

Yes, mine is on OS 16 and in a minute I will let it upgrade to 16.2. Then I will see if I can find out why it didn’t like Wordpress .

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

6 hours ago, BoD said:

Why specifically Teslas?  Are they using that as a generic term for electric cars or do Teslas have a unique charging need?

Teslas can use a special "Tesla fast charge" but it's still too bluddy slow 😀

But Elon "Winker" Musk really doesn't give a rip. He made his money and now he's dumping his stock because he knows Tesla is unlikely to survive.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 8

10 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

-3c and overcast first thing, supposed to remain cloudy all day. High of 2c expected.

At the moment it feels decidedly chilly here because its only 24C after the last few days of 34!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 13
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, polybear said:

I see Tesla shares are now worth pretty much a third of what they were 3 months ago.  I'd love to see Muskie take a very large fall (he's a tw@t) but unfortunately he'd take a lot of people with him.

Ah yes! A legend in his own mind. (Tesla shareholders are absolutely fuming.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Funny 4

40 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear worked with one or two people that were known as "The Missing Link".....

At which point SWMBO will be able to spot all those new purchases you've been able to smuggle in undetected for months.  Get hiding, quick.

I see Tesla shares are now worth pretty much a third of what they were 3 months ago.  I'd love to see Muskie take a very large fall (he's a tw@t) but unfortunately he'd take a lot of people with him.

Bear here.....

H/S/L to resume today - starting with yet more filling 🙄; this time it's (mainly) the small gap (5mm or so) between the bottom of the walls and the top edges of the stair stringers.  After that it'll be filling any dents in the stair stringers, hand rail and base rail.  That'll keep me amused(?) for quite a while methinks.

Once that's done I'll give some thought to how the spindles are to be replaced, and what with.

Bear gone.

Well Bear don't expect me there. Having spurned my offer to come and assist with your noble endeavours your on your own me laddo. DD says she's put the word out about you being =£%&£# &%£+-&%£# (censored). So I'd be very careful on your expeditions to the Co-op in future if I were you.

• Funny 14