The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

38 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear here.....

Yesterday?  Well I started out in a not very bouncy mood - I'd been invited to see friends who I hadn't seen since before the Great Wooha started, but a certain Bear (being decidedly un-bouncy) was decidedly "sitting on the fence" (actually leaning significantly towards the "stay put and not drive an 80 mile round-trip" mode).

But then Bear received a message from "on high"........

"I think you should go" spoke the Voice of Wisdom......

So Bear (after yet more pondering) thought, "ok, I'll give it a go and see what happens - if it all goes to ratsh1t then there's always the next 364 days when I can stay put in Bear Towers".  And pin the blame firmly on the V of W.

And was the Voice of Wisdom truly wise?  Well yes, as it 'appens; there were eight of us and it turned out to be a pretty reasonable, laid back afternoon & evening after all, so no regrets whatsoever (though I did note a distinct lack of LDC 😱).  Friend's son (16) has discovered the joys of Airfix kits and by his own admission is decidedly "in to them"; very early days, but shows promise.

So has Bear discovered religion? Did Bear receive a directive from The Highest Authority there is?  Not quite.....

So who exactly is The Voice of Wisdom?  Puppers @PupCam of course......

Thanks Puppers. 👍

Today?  Well I decided not to set the alarm for once - and woke at ten to eight.  Disgraceful.

The day has intentionally been a somewhat quiet one - sorting and deleting emails (or which there are many - in many folders) in an attempt to remove unwanted dross and make those that matter easier to find.  A start has been made - it'll take several days yet.....

You do realise oh beary one that by stating that Mr Pupers is the voice of wisdom we will never hear the end of it. What have you done.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 13

35 minutes ago, PupCam said:

Evening All!

As the automatic doors equipped with GPP (Genuine People Personalities) said in the Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy; "Glad to be of Service" 😀

In Other News

We had Junior Puppers and the Junior Junior Puppers x2 round for Boxing day and very good it was too.    Of course the most played with toy of the day?  A bit of old red string that was given to J2 Puppers/1 a few weeks ago as a pretend snake (he's 4 and a bit) although the old Brio got a workout too.    He'll get round to the new toys when the excitement wears off I'm sure.     As he is fascinated by the moon (as well as washing machines, trains and snakes) and it had got dark before they went home I thought I'd show him the moon in close-up through the telescope.   He was well impressed with both the moon and Jupiter (and its moons) despite the image quality being poor due to looking through a double glazed window complete with reflections.   

Anyway, his enthusiasm was fired up and he demanded that we go out into the back garden to look at the stars.   Who were we to argue?  Mind you it was rather nippy!   He enjoyed Jupiter and Mars as well (we'll leave the technical detail about them not being stars until another day) and he even spotted Pleiades. The Plough was partially hiding behind a tree and unfortunately Orion was playing hard-to-get so he'll have to wait until next time.    I think it's all about planting seeds .....   I don't ultimately care what my grand-children get interested and passionate about (please not kickball!) just so long as they get interested and passionate about something!   If it happens to coincide with my interests so much the better 😀

Today I've made the big Focus Knob and the Focus Lock screw and tidied up the spring anchor which I think just leaves the eyepiece holding screws to finish off and the painting of the important inner surfaces of the tube and mount matt black to do and I can declare it done.  Have I said before?   It's a lovely mover!

Tomorrow we are being visited by one of my late school / early work days friends.    I'm always amused by the fact that my best mates from my school days didn't go to my school.   Is there a message there I wonder?

Is there another message in one of my gifts from Mrs Puppers I wonder?

Grumpy.jpg.9f59e2df4fbfb5add9697f2d451493ba.jpg

From what I've read so far it appears to be Bang-On!

Night All!

Alan

Autobiography then? Did you sign the inside Mr Puppers?

Edited by Winslow Boy
Its Puppers not Puppets. Sigh.
  • Like 3
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Autobiography then? Did you sign the inside Mr Puppers?

Please don't show that to my family.  However,  they would probably say that I don't need any advice.

Jamie

• Like 9
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, PupCam said:

I don't ultimately care what my grand-children get interested and passionate about (please not kickball!) just so long as they get interested and passionate about something!   If it happens to coincide with my interests so much the better 😀

So if JJP announces he's going to muddle the GWR, be an HR Rep., an "unlicensed waste disposal operative".......🤣

Bear here.....

More sorting of all things computerish.  I may be some time.....

• Like 10
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

As an act of selfless service of the type for which nobody knows me, I have identified Il Dottore's perfect souvenir for his forthcoming trip to Japan:

https://endo-shopping.com/i/EPS0091/k/+/sort/new/disp/20/c_p/1

I wouldn't want such a refined fellow slumming it and stooping to the level of...shudder...Kato, no, this is much better.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, polybear said:

So if JJP announces he's going to muddle the GWR, be an HR Rep., an "unlicensed waste disposal operative".......🤣

Bear here.....

More sorting of all things computerish.  I may be some time.....

Well there are limits obviously!  
GWR ineed! 🤣

Back later ….

• Agree 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Slept like a log last night so feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning, it won't last for long. I would have stayed in bed but I have to go out and spend some tokens so must fly.

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 3

20 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

As an act of selfless service of the type for which nobody knows me, I have identified Il Dottore's perfect souvenir for his forthcoming trip to Japan:

I wouldn't want such a refined fellow slumming it and stooping to the level of...shudder...Kato, no, this is much better.

But it appears to be out of stock!

Why does it have a radiator grill?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

According to Alexa that's either £8.14 (which sounds to be too good to be true) or £8,145.....and it's sold out!!  Bluddy Hell. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3