The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Just had another phone call from Sainsbury's.   Our delivery will now be between 12.00 and 13.00.     Definitely.  Hmmmm again.

Is Mrs GDB now in a flat spin?

Bear here.....

Spent at least an hour looking for "a very important piece of paper" that wasn't in it's usual place;  I eventually found it tucked inside the cover of my Taig Lathe Book.  Obviously, really 🤪

• Like 11
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Sadly, I think that you may well be right….

(sigh) I guess I’ll have to add another £1000 to the “shopping in Japan” budget

If you want some nice rail souvenirs there are some very nice J-HO models (1/80 scale on 16.5mm track) now. When I first visited Japan HO was for the seriously well heeled and the preserve of very expensive high end brass producers like Tenshodo, KTM and Endo. Kato dabbled in it but their range was small and even that was quite expensive. Now although Japanese railway modelling is still dominated by N there is quite a lot of attainable HO. Tomix do a large-ish range of very high quality models, which are available as either standard (a ton of details the user has to fit) or prestige (same basic model, but details factory applied and using painted wire and etched brass rather than plastic, and with a slightly higher standard of finish). They're not cheap but they're an awful lot cheaper than brass, the prestige models are about twice the price of the regular range, at the risk of sounding a lazy and overpaid amateur I buy the prestige models as fitting the detail parts is a painful experience. Kato do HO but they sit at a lower price point than Tomix and personally I think Tomix a much better product in HO (it's different in N, in N I consider Kato and Tomix to be equivalent). There are also companies less well known outside Japan like A-Line and Tramway. Interestingly, Tenshodo now offers a series of ranges from high end brass through expensive sound fitted diecast locomotives, high end plastic RTR to cheap plastic static models designed to be upgradeable with motor bogies and detail add on parts. 

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Persisting down here but should stop later. My parcel should be here soon, the tracker says I'm parcel # 8 and the delivery is currently at # 5 just under a mile away # 7 so I should be next. Problem is that I'm not even dressed yet.

My parcel arrived a few minutes after I'd posted the above. All the contents were in good order. A couple of items were mis-described but in a favourable way such as the wheel carrier, described as a bogie open wagon was powered as it should be. SEERS test track will be in use in three weeks time so I'll be testing them then.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, grandadbob said:

It's now 12.00........she's very tight lipped at the moment.    The next 60 minutes could be unbearable.....

Like a Ticking Bomb......

Tick....Tick....Tick....Tick....😱

edit:  Hang on, successfully defused.......that was close.....

Edited by polybear
  • Like 3
  • Funny 14