The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PupCam said:

a heic.   I know that Apple have been using heic for a while now as I along with everyone else was severely inconvenienced  when they introduced it

I dug into my iPhone’s settings and toggled back to saving as jpeg files. They take a little more space but that’s not an issue when I have 6TB of storage sitting on the desk. 

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Not done much today, I had intended to get together in one (or two) storage boxes items* that run on two parallel strips of metal. However one or two boxes that contain said items are buried under other boxes which meant a lot of moving stuff around. *The items are related to one large transport organisation created in 1933. I have put an auction bid in for some more items for the same operator so I have to rearrange the storage.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all.  The required shopping trip to the Italian supermarket in Sheen was accomplished.  Dr. SWMBO professed to be "satisfied with the haul".  I could happily have added many more items but there will be another day when she isn't looking 😂

Weather continues cold and grey but has become damp rather than dry.  The snow forecast has increased to a 60% chance from now until the early hours; earlier it had been just a 5% chance for an hour only.  We'll see what happens.  Either way it's like another of life's pleasures ..... you're never quite sure when it will happen, how long it will last nor how good it might be. 😜

Astute readers might spot a subtle change to my signature.  A new project has been announced.  You are invited to take an interest if you wish.  

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PupCam said:

Crikey!    That's brave to even think about sailing on a day like today if Norfolkshire is anything like Puppershire.      

Mother asked me if I was going for a bikers breakfast this morning.     Absolutely not, the bike is too cold in the garage let alone getting it out and going out in sub-zero, freezing fog!  

No I'm a fair weather motorcyclist now.   I don't do fog, dark, cold, wet and/or ice.  🤣

I did run the rescue boat twice round the moorings to break the ice, so any boats could get out if we got any wind.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Excuse me! SOUTH Shields inner light - the Groyne. Really, Dave.....you north siders.....🤣

Red faced moment - I've corrected it.

45 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Like so:

Herd Groyne Lighthouse in South Shields - Fabulous North

https://fabulousnorth.com/herd-groyne-lighthouse/

Those are the photos I always mean to take but it means going south of the river - that's a big expedition these days - actually it is easier now I've set up a pre pay account with the Tyne Tunnel.

As an adopted Northumberland person I feel anywhere south of the Tyne is in the south of England!

David

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Compound2632 said:

... "The @polybear sniffs the wind and stiffens. He senses the distant presence of an @Happy Hippo returning from Waitrose. The distant odor of freshly bagged superior artisinal LDC arouses the @polybear's hunting instincts. The coming struggle may prove fatal to one predator or the other."

Does bear have the squirty cream and chocolate log from M&S?

It's party time.

• Like 3
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Hushed David Attenborough voice:

Having seen off potential rivals for his territory, the @polybear now has a hunting ground that extends from the Tesco in the North, to the Morrisons in the South to the Coop in the East and extending as far west as the Aldi.

Prowling his territory, the @polybear sensitive nose has detected the presence of a herd of migrating LDC with young (called “cupcakes”). The @polybear knows he must hunt with patience and great skill, for the migrating LDC are continuously scanning for threatening predators and spook easily. Should he frighten them off, the @polybearwill be forced to rely on his dwindling stock of tinned baked beans for sustenance and survival…

Excellent - first class, Gold Star awarded  👏

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Does bear have the squirty cream and chocolate log from M&S?

It's party time.

Absolutely not - though I was rather taken by the Maltesers creation shown earlier.....

Bear here.....

I started watching a film this afternoon, courtesy of Prime Video; whilst the film was pretty reasonable I started thinking that I'd be better off actually "doing something" so fired up the Templot programme, with the aim of getting my furry ar5e in gear and FINALLY making a serious effort at learning how to drive it.

In other news....

Friend never did get released from Hospital on Friday after all, though no further mention of the dreaded Norovirus has been heard.  Of course as it's the weekend nottalot happens and Docs are few n' far between - despite A&E patients queuing on trollies in the corridor waiting for a bed. 

She did get woken at 3am by a Nurse taking her blood pressure:

Friend:  "What is it?"

Nurse:  "187"

Friend:  "Well that's ******wrong"

Nurse:  "I know"

Apparently the B.P. Gadgets they have are about as reliable as Politician....

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

... "The @polybear sniffs the wind and stiffens. He senses the distant presence of an @Happy Hippo returning from Waitrose. The distant odor of freshly bagged superior artisinal LDC arouses the @polybear's hunting instincts. The coming struggle may prove fatal to one predator or the other."

Meanwhile, another denizen of North Hipposhire waits in the shadows, ready to pounce on the bags of LDC when the exhausted predators are otherwise occupied. 

Dave  

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Dave Hunt said:

Meanwhile, another denizen of North Hipposhire waits in the shadows, ready to pounce on the bags of LDC when the exhausted predators are otherwise occupied. 

Ah, yes, of course. The airborne scavengers will be circling. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Bear's Sunday Funnies:

image.png.6f1ae1dfbd98c4eae1c51d1270de7539.png

image.png.14872caa17ba5a94d0687a1124c304ff.png

image.png.5c832cc4986fc14f8b846a9e06c41032.png

image.png.fd001010ddd227b1db9f7e41dbb51b0b.png

image.png.100426d1d57f2bb78f6e370df881a932.png

image.png.78b7ecc1c85e52007a4f879146c6a4e9.png

image.png.4fdbf502c9af5144d7f8db35ef166fa3.png

image.png.81efe1c3fede99e5e103d2fb81641d85.png

image.png.be03f1664ebe75d9a364a5e769ea2d4c.png

"So Mr Bond, it appears you have made an error, an error that will cost you dearly"
"And what might that be?"
"Before you came here, you forgot to switch your central heating off"

£7.50 to see Father Christmas! Waited in the queue for ages for a ONE-minute meeting and a proper rubbish toy, what a rip-off, FUMING!! 

So glad I never took the kids!

If you want to know who loves you more, lock your wife and your dog in the boot of the car. Wait a couple of hours and let them out, guess which one will be pleased to see you.

I went to my local GP's to make an appointment to see the doctor.
They said I'm afraid the earliest they can see you is 3 months."
"What? 3 months! OK morning or afternoon?" I asked.
At this point the person in the queue behind me said. "What difference does it make"
"Well" I explained "I've got the emergency plumber coming in the morning"

I called in the local this afternoon and asked for a packet of hedgehog flavoured crisps.
He said "Sorry, we’ve only got plain."
I said "OK I’ll just have a pint of lager and get what you want for yourself", and gave him a 50 pound note.
He came back half an hour later and gave me 2 pence change.
I said "What did you get for yourself?"
He said "A pair of trainers."

Teacher: "If I gave you 2 cats and another 2 cats and another 2, how many would you have?"
Little Johnny's hand goes up like a shot.
Reluctantly she asks "how many Johnny?"
Johnny: "seven"
Teacher: "No, listen carefully... If I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Seven."
Teacher: "Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you two apples, and another two apples and another two, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Six."
Teacher: "Good. Now if I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Seven!"
Teacher: "Johnny, where in the heck do you get seven from?!"
Johnny: "Because I've already got a cat!"

Isn't LOVE so underrated? It’s only worth 7 points in Scrabble.

image.png

• Like 3
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Part 2:

image.png.931725d4a323019e2733fe0f00fa7671.png

image.png.24b2f74ab26b126a3a9e47678f9d21bf.png

image.png.b81a32ef3a955a1a6eeeb44ab957e771.png

image.png.fbe8e4fc99348efb8e44bb6609363fc2.png

image.png.0e5e9fb69480cae7a13ed09f2f51aa93.png

image.png.64e47f192cdd71b4c7f2998eb9ecd69e.png

image.png.cb2aac5c8666d8f0b3bb101beaedf99e.png

image.png.d7edc03d10ab325360d935f4e717af82.png

image.png.b6d0c6b49b34840cf2ee8e38329aa505.png

image.png.f1cd0e104e67ed43c0f565a6ccc4a710.png

image.png.a2586f0bbd758bdf3ab3af07b84227be.png

image.png.248ca2e87013e54c102f17047fb317fd.png

image.png.19de986ef60850248354ca2f1d3da92b.png

image.png.c3615bd1607e297b569c6d422a57dfb8.png

image.png.800d676d5cf14928dbf4fa3d73855ab8.png

image.png.eed9fc5f9a5a900643546bd27ab4cda9.png

image.png.904d3c109619a5172d8d99e84f764ba9.png

image.png.857a25d7d22fe38932cdce3852da9f28.png

image.png.23ee594c7ba11453706ae31addd44d04.png

Sam died and left £50,000 in his will for an elaborate funeral.
As the last attenders left, Sam's wife, Rose, turned to her oldest friend, Sadie, and said: "Well, I'm sure Sam would be pleased."
"I'm sure you're right" replied Sadie, who leaned in close and lowered her voice to a whisper: "tell me, how much did it really cost?"
"All of it" said Rose. "£50,000."
"No!" Sadie exclaimed "I mean, it was very nice, but really.......£50,000?"
Rose nodded. "The funeral was £6500. I donated £500 to the church for the priest services. The food and drinks for another £500. And the rest went towards the memorial stone."
Sadie computed quickly: "£42,500 for a memorial stone? Exactly how big is it?"
"Seven and a half carats."

And Englishman and an Irishman go to a bakery.
The Englishman steals three buns and puts them into his pockets and leaves. He says to the Irishman: “That took great skill and guile to steal those buns. The owner didn’t even see me.”
“That’s just simple thievery,” the Irishman replied. “I’ll show you how to do it the honest way and get the same results.”
The Irishman then proceeded to call out the owner of the bakery and says: “Sir, I want to show you a magic trick.” The owner was intrigued so he came over to see the magic trick.
The Irishman asked him for a bun and then he proceeded to eat it. He asked two more times and after eating them again the owner says: “Okay my friend, where’s the magic trick?”
The Irishman then said: “Look in the Englishman’s pockets.”

An elderly couple, who were both widowed, had been going out with each other for a long time. Urged on by their friends, they decided it was finally time to get married.
Before the wedding, they went out to dinner and had a long conversation regarding how their marriage might work.
They discussed finances, living arrangements and so on.
Finally, the old gentleman decided it was time to broach the subject of their physical relationship.
'How do you feel about sex?' he asked, rather tentatively.
"I would like it infrequently" she replied.
The old gentleman sat quietly for a moment, adjusted his glasses, leaned over towards her and whispered. 'Is that one word or two?’

An old drunk man in a terrible condition collapses on a park bench after a massive binge.
Through his half-closed eyes he sees a figure approach him. A dark figure clad in a black cowl and carrying a scythe.
“Who are you?” asks the drunk man
“I.AM. DEATH!” replies the figure
“Oh I’m sorry” says the drunk “I said “WHO ARE YOU?”

I'm getting sick of all the double standards. 
Burn a body at a crematorium and you're doing your job, but burn a body at home and they accuse you of destroying evidence.

Walkers Crisps have announced that, after 73 years of production, they are just about to finish their first sack of potatoes.

Ironically, after Phil Spector died, I did a bit of digging and discovered that his younger brother "Crispin" used to be their head of Quality Assurance.

Vladimir Putin, wanting to get on the good side of voters, goes to visit a school in Moscow to have a chat with the kids.
He talks to them about how Russia is a powerful nation and how he wants the best for the people.
At the end of the talk, there is some time for questions.
Little Sasha puts her hand up and says "I have two questions:
Why did the Russians take Crimea? And why are we sending troops to Ukraine?"
Putin says "Good questions..." But just as he is about to answer, the bell goes, and the kids go for lunch.
When they come back, they sit back down and there is room for some more questions so another girl, Misha, puts her hand up and says,
"I have four questions. My Questions are:
Why did the Russians invade Crimea? Why are we sending troops to Ukraine?
Why did the bell go 20 minutes early for lunch? And where is Sasha?"

image.png

image.png

• Like 3
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

And finally.....

Bear's Sunday Funny Award goes to:

Wife's Diary:
Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner.
I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late,
but he made no comment on it.
Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk.
He agreed, but he didn't say much.
I asked him what was wrong; He said, "nothing."
I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset.
He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.
On the way home, I told him that I loved him.
He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behaviour.
I don't know why he didn't say, “I love you, too.”
When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.
He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent.
Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed.
But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep; I cried.
I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.
Husband's Diary:
My Harley Davison won’t start. Don’t know why.

• Like 3
  • Funny 8