The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-land. Been out this evening to the SEERS track night. Took along a couple of locos to test, all came through with flying colours, one just requiring a smidgeon of oil. The replacement printer cartridge arrived today so thats a job for tomorrow fitting it. Now to catch up with the rest of RMweb.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, enz said:

A greater understanding of the Aussie psyche can be gained by realizing that, to Australians, Mad Max isn't dystopic, its aspirational.

From a Kiwi. - enz

Jeez we just  take one Phar Lap and one Russell Crowe off you....

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Moaning awl. I.N. Somnia asked me to greet you once again. They have a wicked sense of humour, don't they?

IMG_4943.jpeg.01300996a4dd6f5e935f0a35f5751d09.jpeg

And the motto of the day shall be MALMBANA! 🤓

I'm going to upgrade the Dm3 (top centre) and the two IORE pairs with DCC sound in a while. I think this'll illustrate why:

Note the company graphics and lettering have been modified since that video.

After I had obtained the second IORE, I formed two non-consecutively numbered pairs. LKAB originally did form them into consecutive pairs but eventually abandoned that concept as it couldn't be upheld once repairs and maintenance outside of defined schedules had occurred frequently enough.

Cheers...

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Ah, Mad Max -  "The Railway Children" for  Aussie kids!

But the Railway Children has Jenny Agutter......

Game, set, match to UK.

8 hours ago, PupCam said:

Evening All!

Could it be that it's because they charge you for the energy you've consumed and NOT the volume of gas that's passed through the meter?    There's the little matter of the calorific value of the gas "on the day" (or week or month or year or whatever basis they use) to consider.    The energy consumed is a function of both the volume of gas (as measured by the meter) and the calorific value of that gas.   The meter doesn't (can't) measure calorific value or indeed the energy of the gas just the volume of whatever old gas happens to be passing through it at the time.

Puppers has just reduced a certain Bear to a quivering wreck.  You of all pups should know better.....

Off for a lie-down.....

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

As to bitcoin I won't go near that pyramid scheme, it was pointed out on TV this morning that 0.01 % of holders of bitcoin own 27% of all coins. If one or worse some of those decide to cash out. The value crashes..

Not to mention the risk of c0ckwombles who chuck away the hard drive with the password on.....

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/aug/02/man-hopes-ai-and-robot-dogs-will-help-recover-150m-in-bitcoin-from-landfill

Bear here......

Today sees the new loft ladder being fitted, albeit temporarily (probably) - I want to check the shorter version will work as hoped, but it's presence will mean I won't be able to lay a sheet of ply over the hole inside the loft to act as a loft hatch until the custom hatch is delivered & fitted.

After that I predict a little more work on the mods. to the chassis jig, followed by MIUABGA.

In other news.....

One for @iL Dottore:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/news/video-apparently-shows-female-dinner-planting-piece-of-plastic-in-her-food-to-avoid-170-bill/vi-AA12UC9S?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ed5bdc2ac55e435a9e0cf22495424eb3&category=foryou

And another one bites the dust:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/another-russian-energy-boss-has-mysteriously-died-in-hospital/ar-AA12UOIx?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ed5bdc2ac55e435a9e0cf22495424eb3

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, PupCam said:

Morning All!

A visit to Central Milton Keynes maybe necessary today.

Wish me luck ......

Bear braced for a very large shock.....

Puppers wouldn't be visiting Al's Hobbies by any chance?  Can we expect a resurrection of "The Great Project" by any chance, can we?

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Morning all 

Cooler start here this morning 

I use the online banking app as the local bank branches have shut. It makes life easier for paying bills. It's easy to pay cheques in too not that I have had more than a handful in the last 5 years.

Just waiting to be informed of today's orders

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

56 minutes ago, polybear said:

But the Railway Children has Jenny Agutter......

Game, set, match to UK.

Puppers has just reduced a certain Bear to a quivering wreck.  You of all pups should know better.....

Off for a lie-down.....

Not to mention the risk of c0ckwombles who chuck away the hard drive with the password on.....

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/aug/02/man-hopes-ai-and-robot-dogs-will-help-recover-150m-in-bitcoin-from-landfill

Bear here......

Today sees the new loft ladder being fitted, albeit temporarily (probably) - I want to check the shorter version will work as hoped, but it's presence will mean I won't be able to lay a sheet of ply over the hole inside the loft to act as a loft hatch until the custom hatch is delivered & fitted.

After that I predict a little more work on the mods. to the chassis jig, followed by MIUABGA.

In other news.....

One for @iL Dottore:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/news/video-apparently-shows-female-dinner-planting-piece-of-plastic-in-her-food-to-avoid-170-bill/vi-AA12UC9S?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ed5bdc2ac55e435a9e0cf22495424eb3&category=foryou

And another one bites the dust:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/another-russian-energy-boss-has-mysteriously-died-in-hospital/ar-AA12UOIx?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ed5bdc2ac55e435a9e0cf22495424eb3

Ah yes young Bear but the Aussies can counter JA with Tina Turner in chain mail as well.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 11