The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis has been grumbling again but the Nurofen is kicking in now. Nothing much on the box to interest me at the moment so I might be able to catch up on some reading.

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

He also played the devil in the time bandits

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

13 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Fahrenheit?

Celsius?

Kelvin?
Rankine?

Delisle?

Newton?
or

Réaumur?

You do need to be a bit more specific, dear fellow. We need the units so that we can commiserate accordingly. We’d look a bit silly saying “oh gosh, that’s hot” when it’s actually 90°K (- 183°C. -297.67°F)

p.s. most of the above temperature scales have been around for a while, so can be considered “old”

Sheer laziness!  It would mean I have to get up and read the thermometer  which is all of a metre away on the wall!🙂

Brian

• Funny 15

12 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

After our gutter improvements had been completed we drove over to Enfield to see Aditi’s uncle again. His trip to Newcastle was cancelled so he had an extra day with Aditi’s Mum. 
While we were there our nephew Josh sent a message that there was some sort of incident outside his GP surgery and they were in a state of lockdown as bomb disposal and snipers were deployed. They spent the rest of the afternoon contacting patients who had been due to attend and dealt with others by phone. When they were allowed to leave they couldn’t take their vehicles so as Josh lived a mile away the colleagues went to his house to carry on phoning people. He had to take public transport to Brighton for his evening “out of hours” GP session. 
Tony

I saw a report on the Daily express website

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1647415/sussex-news-unexploded-bomb-armed-police-snipe-rifle-on-rooftops-Burgess-Hill

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Germany having to ration gas supplies Hannover has turned of hot water on public showers etc.

A report in the Times that there isnt enough power in the grid for new homes in West London 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/grid-has-no-power-for-new-homes-in-west-london-until-2035-qnrn065cb

Oh dear what is going wrong in the world 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Despite Australia being the largest exporter of LNG in the world*, this winter we had a period of energy shortages because the previous geniuses' in charge  hadn't thought to legislate  to reserve  enough for domestic use, while also putting a stick into the spokes of  alternative energy development.

*Qatar and the US also claim this statistic , depending on which report you read!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 9

• RMweb Premium

Thankfully, since yesterday I now no longer get double pages when ever I open a thread. It looks like someone has fixed a glitch. 

Goodnight all. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1