The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

Rain again , but not to heavy thankfully , it wont stop my five step journey to the shed later .

Good to hear that the big day went well Gordon , now you can sit back and have a rest .

The only thing Olympic that might draw my attention would be the Ladies beach vollyball . :O

Time to start the daily grind .

Have a good one .

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

I'm doing this on a new browser, as I have been having untold problems with downloading PDFs on IE7 - I upgraded to IE9 and it was no better, and in the process I managed to lose some of my bookmarks including some quite important links - why oh why do I have to meddle with computers when I really don't know what I'm doing - DOH. I have also dowloaded Chrome, and at least can get the PDFs on it, and have just viewed MI4 for the first time - or GWRI4 as it will now be known at 45156 towers. Whilst I love the modelling, I have this thing about locos with brass safety valve covers (and was told off at Member's day for referring to them as milk churns by one member who is more pro GWR than I).

Last week before back to work now, and I was hoping for a bit if quality time in the garden with Lily, but two things are stopping me - firstly, it's chucking it down with rain, and second, I fed her about an hour ago, and she's sound asleep and is snoring away at my feet. However, I'm managing to keep my promise not to post too many photos here.

Gordon I'm delighted that the day went well, and also that you found out about the effect of the antibiotic with alcohol - in the past, I have chanced my arm with some of them and a beer, and just got a bit woozy - but the one you're on, well, your continued disappearance from the table would have been bad news if you'd taken the risk.

Better rush, as dog's wakening, and no doubt will need a trip to the garden, rain notwithstanding.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

The only thing Olympic that might draw my attention would be the Ladies beach vollyball . :O

If the weather stays as is you may be in for a disappointment then.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Especially if it's high tide.

The event taking place locally is on a hill. I'm not sure how we will be able to get home that day if the A13 has been turned into a Zil lane.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, For some reason Monday golf didn't seem too attractive today. Not because it's raining but because it's chucking it down! I blame the water companies and I'll convey my opinions to the visiting member of the local company shortly.

Still at least I had a free morning to do some baseboard bashing.

Have a good (if damp) one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

If the weather stays as is you may be in for a disappointment then.

According to a news report this morning it would appear that whatever the weather fans of beach volleyball won't be disappointed. The matches will still take place as the competitors have cold (defined as 16C or less) weather outfits , which sound rather like tracksuits.

• RMweb Gold

According to a news report this morning it would appear that whatever the weather fans of beach volleyball won't be disappointed. The matches will still take place as the competitors have cold (defined as 16C or less) weather outfits , which sound rather like tracksuits.

Yes, but I understand these tracksuit affairs inhibit....erm.... performance thus reducing the spectacle and viewers, enjoyment.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes, but I understand these tracksuit affairs inhibit....erm.... performance thus reducing the spectacle and viewers, enjoyment.

I didn't realise that was the problem. I was a bit worried that the volleyball chaps would get goosebumps or whatever athletes suffer from on a damp London morning.

Tony

Mike - regarding your very singular tea bag, you could always do a railway trick and keep it on a bit of string for future re-use... an old Rugby driver (known as 'The Phant' but none of us have ever found out why) used this method for several weeks at a time and kept it in his pocket, understandably, when his turn came to mash up in the mess room, there were never any takers of the golden nectar!

A bit late on parade thanks to an all night 'railgrindathon' to Crewe and back last night, doing 8mph from Crewe back down to Stafford made my eyes hurt. The highlight of the night though was a drunken chap's efforts to board the machine at Stafford station when we stopped at a red 'un!

Phil - That Mogul looks rather handsome, looking forward to seeing it soon. Must confess to not knowing the differences between the Us and Ns, or Maunsells and Uries etc... food for thought there though as I've had a growing affection for Southern Region machinary and coaching stock of late, thanks to reading Robert Adley's books all over again - grainy and almost colourless some of his photographs may be, but blimey they don't half make me want to slip back in time to see Q1s and S15s in the South Western suburbs ;)

• RMweb Premium

I didn't realise that was the problem. I was a bit worried that the volleyball chaps would get goosebumps or whatever athletes suffer from on a damp London morning.

Tony

Who cares about the chaps !!

• Like 2

Jeez, I don't know how youse guys put up with all the lousy weather. I'd had enough years ago...

Another heatwave here until Wednsday (+90f). It does make my aging joints feel good, though.

You can get your own back when we get buried in snow in 6 months. Of course it is even drier then, it is the damp that gets to me.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

Evening,still dank here but the day has been considerably brightened for me with the news that Indi Olivia, my first granddaughter, made her entrance into the world this afternoon.

I've put two teabags in my cuppa in celebration.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Evening,still dank here but the day has been considerably brightened for me with the news that Indi Olivia, my first granddaughter, made her entrance into the world this afternoon.

I've put two teabags in my cuppa in celebration.

Well done grandad (well everyone says 'well done ' to the parents so I reckon grandad deserves well done too - for all the preparation that went into it if nothing else).

Yes - congratulations Phil, to you and yours ;)

The Olympics could well become a wash out in more ways than one, judging by the various shenanigans we've heard about so far... 'security people' not turning up..... and athletes getting lost in London traffic...! Whatever occurs I know my other half will be glued to the proceedings on the TV, so I might actually get some modelling done - I can rest easy knowing I've done my bit.... delivering some of the aggregates used in the vast site's construction!

• Like 1